Why God does not cure suffering of the sick in the present age

cordie

Jul 21, 2015
✟9,972.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can't help get an answer to this question. Everybody has or knows a somebody that they have lost to disease or accident. Even after great remissions. I don't see the purpose of such suffering. In fact I think it rather cruel. Why does not the Lord intervene? Why don't we have a cure for ALS or cancer? We are then all left with a terrible void in the heart. And then the ultimate question, where do the deceased go? Is it immediate? What age are they? Why can't we communicate with them?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't help get an answer to this question. Everybody has or knows a somebody that they have lost to disease or accident. Even after great remissions. I don't see the purpose of such suffering. In fact I think it rather cruel. Why does not the Lord intervene? Why don't we have a cure for ALS or cancer? We are then all left with a terrible void in the heart. And then the ultimate question, where do the deceased go? Is it immediate? What age are they? Why can't we communicate with them?

Sickness and suffering is brought about by sin, for as long as people continue sinning, fall short of perfection, we will have people who get ill and suffer. Death is the final stage of sin, only faith in Christ can save us from that.

However God does do intervene at times i know from cases where cancer disappeared and longer life was granted however it appears to be a small minority of ill people who receive such blessings, most struggle with suffering all their physical lives, some die early.

However the dark void of death is taken away when we believe the Gospel that Jesus overcame sin and death and has our new life waiting for us. When we know our loved ones are with Christ then we can rest assured that they are well looked after and look forward to seeing them again.

Peace

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And then the ultimate question, where do the deceased go?

If they're Born Again Christians, they go into the presence of the Lord. If they're not, they go to Hell.

Is it immediate?

Paul indicates that "absent from the flesh is present with the Lord". Nothing is stated about the unsaved.

What age are they?

Why would a SPIRIT have "age"??

Why can't we communicate with them?

Because it's not permissible under God's Will.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't help get an answer to this question. Everybody has or knows a somebody that they have lost to disease or accident. Even after great remissions. I don't see the purpose of such suffering. In fact I think it rather cruel.
Death by sickness or accident is devastating. But Christ's death by the cross is Love demonstrated on our behalf. The greater cruelty is if there was no salvation from sin.
cordie said:
Why does not the Lord intervene?
As seen in the gospels of Jesus, when he was on the earth he intervened, healing and health came by faith in Jesus having the power to heal.

In those days there was little or no development of medicine.
cordie said:
Why don't we have a cure for ALS or cancer?
There could be any number of factors. I could speculate but that could get into an area that wouldn't help.
cordie said:
We are then all left with a terrible void in the heart.
To those who don't know God, the Bible says that they have no hope, but to those who do know God, He promises to comfort those who are broken-hearted and grieving.
cordie said:
Do the deceased believe in salvation through Jesus Christ? They will go to heaven.
cordie said:
Is it immediate?
The apostle Paul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (in heaven).
It's immediate.
cordie said:
What age are they?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Their age doesn't change when they die.
cordie said:
That would be necromancy which is forbidden in the Bible. The person is gone to heaven. The means of communication (their bodies) isn't working anymore.

God has given to those who believe in His Son and believe in the Bible the only communication available to believers in Jesus (in heaven), is prayer to God the Father (in heaven) by speaking His word back to Him. The apostle John said that "We know that if we pray according to God's will, He hears us."

Direct communication with departed loved ones isn't allowed because there are devils working in the earth who would pretend to be your departed loved one speaking to you. That would be cruel deception and the devil being who he is, he'd lead the grieved one away from God.

It is a sign of God's caring about the grieving that He protects believers from any possibility of the devil to add dangers to those who sorrow.

Look to God for comfort in times of sorrow. If the loved one believed in Jesus and was comforted in sorrows of their life, and if they could speak to you now, that would likely be what they'd say.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can't help get an answer to this question. Everybody has or knows a somebody that they have lost to disease or accident. Even after great remissions. I don't see the purpose of such suffering. In fact I think it rather cruel. Why does not the Lord intervene?
Caring for the sick and disabled is an opportunity for Christians to be the hands and feet of Our Lord.

Some people once thought this was a paranoid conspiracy theory. But I always found it hard to believe that, considering the virtual treasure trove of fundraising those diseases have gotten over the decades, there is no cure for those diseases. I believed that cures had been found long ago but were suppressed (A) to keep the fundraising going and (B) to keep people paying for treatment.

But when people from Pfizer are acknowledging that Big Pharma considers actual cures to be undesirable, well, what am I supposed to think? They don't want to be cured. They want us to keep paying for treatment while dying slow, miserable deaths.

And then the ultimate question, where do the deceased go? Is it immediate? What age are they? Why can't we communicate with them?
I am Catholic. My Catholic beliefs inform my viewpoints on these questions.

Where do the deceased go? If they die in God's friendship, there's a chance they could go straight to Heaven. More likely though, they'll have a layover in Purgatory as their souls are brought into perfect conformity with God. If they die outside God's friendship then they are damned.

We can't communicate with the departed. The reasons for that are a bit lengthy. However, as a Catholic, I believe we can petition the faithful departed to pray for us. "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much (St. James 5:16, DRA)." The faithful are more alive in Heaven than we are here in temporal life, after all. So while two-way communication between those of us in temporal life and those in Heaven, they can still intercede on our behalf through prayer. And that's worth a lot.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I attended the funeral of a nephew that was stillborn.
That didn't happen to me.

Appreciation and gratefulness is the answer you seek.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't help get an answer to this question. Everybody has or knows a somebody that they have lost to disease or accident. Even after great remissions. I don't see the purpose of such suffering. In fact I think it rather cruel. Why does not the Lord intervene?

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand & we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that SUFFERING produces PERSEVERANCE & PERSEVERANCE produces character & character produces hope & hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Philippians 1:27-29 Nevertheless, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come & see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending side by side for the faith of the gospel & not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation & that from God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him...

Matt 5:10-12 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you & falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice & be glad, because great is your reward in heaven; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you.

James 1:2-8, Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the TESTING OF YOUR FAITH produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect & complete, lacking in nothing.

5If any of you LACKS WISDOM, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach & it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven & tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

I Pet 4:1-9,14 Since therefore Christ SUFFERED in the flesh, arm yourselves with the SAME WAY OF THINKING, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has CEASED FROM SIN, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.

3For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties & lawless idolatry. With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery & they malign you; but they will give account to Hm who is ready to judge the living & the dead.

6For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.

7The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled & sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory & of God rests on you.

Heb 11:25,26 He chose to suffer oppression with God’s people rather than to experience the fleeting enjoyment of sin. He thought it was better to suffer for the sake of Christ than to own the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking ahead to his great reward.

I Pet 1:3-7 ...He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled & unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been GRIEVED BY VARIOUS TRIALS, so that the TESTED GENUINENESS OF YOUR FAITH—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found TO RESULT IN praise & glory & honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:7-11 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things & count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

9and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

10that I may know Him & the power of His resurrection & THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Many cancers are PREVENTABLE due to the diet/food people eat or due to smoking/drinking/drugging or due to the pesticides/preservatives, etc. in food, land & the air.

Greater strides are being made in genetics for various diseases like ALS.

We are then all left with a terrible void in the heart.
You can only speak for yourself on this one.

I trust in the Lord & as Job said, "The LORD gives & the LORD takes away, blessed be the name of the LORD."

Nonchristians go immediately to Hades, in the spiritual realm, to await judgment.

Luke 16:22,23 Now the poor man died & was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s bosom & the rich man also died & was buried. “In Hades he lifted up his eyes...

Christians go immediately to Paradise, to be in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, the the heavenly realm.

2 Cor 5:7-9 For we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are fully confident, & we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. So we aspire to please Him, whether we are here in this body or away from it.

What age are they?

Not sure, with the new resurrected bodies. It seems one will be able to recognize people for who they are.

Luke 9:28-31 About eight days after Jesus had said these things, He took with Him Peter, John & James & went up on a mountain to pray. And as He was praying, the appearance of His face changed [Matt 17:2 His face shone like the sun & His clothes became as white as the light] & His clothes became radiantly white. Suddenly two men, Moses & Elijah, began talking with Jesus. THEY APPEARED IN GLORY & spoke about His soon departure, which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.

Rev 6:9-11 And when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God & for the testimony they had upheld. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy & true, until You judge & avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then each of them was given a white robe & told to rest a little while longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers, were killed, just as they had been killed.

They are in the invisible realm; we are in the visible realm.

20 Important Bible Verses About Contacting The Dead

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Why doesn't God act as our slave? or a magical genie that obeys our commands

Upvote 0