Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most blasphemous false doctrine of men is the teaching that God did not create all things, and that God is not even in control of his own creation ! How do they arrive at this blasphemous false doctrine ? The bible says to trust in God, and not lean unto our own understanding : PROVERBS 3(5) : ” Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding , ” Why does the bible tell us not to lean unto our own understanding ? : 1 CORINTHIANS 13(12) : ” For now we see through a glass darkly , for NOW WE KNOW IN PART . ” This is why the bible tells us not to lean unto our own understanding : Because we presently have very limited understanding, and we will think that we see something wrong, WHEN THERE IS IN FACT NOTHING WRONG, WE JUST THINK THAT WE SEE SOMETHING WRONG , BECAUSE OF OUR LIMITED UNDERSTANDING . A perfect example of this is the teaching that evil could not possibly have a good purpose in God’s creation : So we say that God has nothing to do with it . Well for starters the Bible clearly states that GOD CREATED EVIL : ISAIAH 45(7) : ” I make peace AND CREATE EVIL , I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS. ” Well the question of course arises : Why did God create evil ? If we read GENESIS 3(22) : We see that GOD HIMSELF SAYS : ” The man is become as one of us , to know good AND EVIL ! ” So ACCORDING TO GOD HIMSELF , EVIL DOES INDEED HAVE A GOOD PURPOSE : IT IS PART OF BECOMING AS A GOD ! But if we lean unto our own understanding , we don’t understand this, and we think that evil is only bad : So we then say that God did not create it , thus now SAYING THAT GOD DID NOT CREATE ALL THINGS : ” A SUPER SERIOUS BLASPHEMY .” We say that God does not want evil in his creation : Yet evil is still there : THUS IMPLYING THAT GOD IS NOT EVEN IN CONTROL OF HIS OWN CREATION : Because according to them all these things are there that God supposedly does not want : YET ANOTHER SUPER SERIOUS BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD ! The truth of course is that GOD CREATED ALL THINGS , INCLUDING EVIL : AND THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD in his great plan , and God is in absolute control, even if we don’t understand it yet ! Listen to what God says to us in ISAIAH 55(8&9) : ” 8 : ” For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways , ” 9 : ” For as the heavens are higher then the Earth , so are my ways higher then your ways , and my thoughts then your thoughts . ” Following are a few more examples of things that God uses to fulfill his purposes that if we lean unto our own limited understanding, we might think are bad , thus saying that what God does is bad ; 1 SAMUEL 16(14) : ” But the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and AN EVIL SPIRIT FROM THE LORD troubled him .” and 1 KINGS 22(23) : ” Now therefore behold : THE LORD HATH PUT A LYING SPIRIT in the mouth of all these thy prophets .” So remember PROVERBS 3(5) : ” Trust in the Lord with all thine heart , and lean not unto thine own understanding .” STOP BLASPHEMING EVERY TIME YOU SEE SOMETHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND , AND SAYING THAT GOD DID NOT DO IT OR CREATE IT : YOU ARE ON VERY DANGEROUS GROUND ! PROVERBS 3(7) : ” BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES , FEAR THE LORD, DEPART FROM EVIL . ” : IT IS A GREAT EVIL TO BE WISE IN THINE OWN EYES AND JUDGE GOD !

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
" Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” How does Isaiah 45:7 agree with the view that God did not create evil? There are two key facts that need to be considered. (1) The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.” Notice how the other major English Bible translations render the word: “disaster” (NIV, HCSB), “calamity” (NKJV, NAS, ESV), and “woe” (NRSV). The Hebrew word can refer to moral evil, and often does have this meaning in the Hebrew Scriptures. However, due to the diversity of possible definitions, it is unwise to assume that “I create evil” in Isaiah 45:7 refers to God bringing moral evil into existence.

(2) The context of Isaiah 45:7 makes it clear that something other than “bringing moral evil into existence” is in mind. The context of Isaiah 45:7 is God rewarding Israel for obedience and punishing Israel for disobedience. God pours out salvation and blessings on those whom He favors. God brings judgment on those who continue to rebel against Him. “Woe to him who quarrels with his Master” (Isaiah 45:9). That is the person to whom God brings “evil” and “disaster.” So, rather than saying that God created “moral evil,” Isaiah 45:7 is presenting a common theme of Scripture – that God brings disaster on those who continue in hard-hearted rebellion against Him."

God cannot create Evil, he can only put into human terms something beyond our understanding. Evil is outside God's nature. It is the corruption of nature that brings calamity, and God is the one who determines how much of that evil will be allowed to occur.

Israel was unique because it had to survive in a moral state in order to keep the bloodline alive for the messiah. God allowed judgement to happen to Israel in order to discipline them. This doesn't mean that God isn't in control of his own creation, merely that he is not the source of evil. Sin is the opposite of God's nature. What we consider evil God considers as something else entirely. To believe that God works things for the greater good is a way of viewing God's lack of intervention sometimes.

Everything we suffer we do so out of consequence of humanity's sin.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
… A perfect example of this is the teaching that evil could not possibly have a good purpose in God’s creation : So we say that God has nothing to do with it . Well for starters the Bible clearly states that GOD CREATED EVIL : ISAIAH 45(7) : ” I make peace AND CREATE EVIL , I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS. ”

…The truth of course is that GOD CREATED ALL THINGS , INCLUDING EVIL : AND THEY ALL WORK …

It would be good to notice also, in the beginning, everything was good. Then people rejected God (good truth and love) and get the chance to know what evil means (lack of good, truth and love = God).

God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. There was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Gen. 1:31

But it is correct, Bible says God forms evil. But in this case, it is good to think, what evil really is. It is actually nothing, it is like darkness or emptiness, it is what is left, when good is not present. Good on the other hand is like light. And when the light doesn’t shine, evil remains. People wanted to know evil and therefore we were expelled to this darkness. Luckily there is still some light remaining so that people could find the truth.

To shine on those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death; To guide our feet into the way of peace."
Luke 1:79

But “darkness” doesn’t comprehend it, as it is said in:

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:5

"I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

Unfortunately, many seem to choose the darkness.

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” How does Isaiah 45:7 agree with the view that God did not create evil? There are two key facts that need to be considered. (1) The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.” Notice how the other major English Bible translations render the word: “disaster” (NIV, HCSB), “calamity” (NKJV, NAS, ESV), and “woe” (NRSV). The Hebrew word can refer to moral evil, and often does have this meaning in the Hebrew Scriptures. However, due to the diversity of possible definitions, it is unwise to assume that “I create evil” in Isaiah 45:7 refers to God bringing moral evil into existence.

(2) The context of Isaiah 45:7 makes it clear that something other than “bringing moral evil into existence” is in mind. The context of Isaiah 45:7 is God rewarding Israel for obedience and punishing Israel for disobedience. God pours out salvation and blessings on those whom He favors. God brings judgment on those who continue to rebel against Him. “Woe to him who quarrels with his Master” (Isaiah 45:9). That is the person to whom God brings “evil” and “disaster.” So, rather than saying that God created “moral evil,” Isaiah 45:7 is presenting a common theme of Scripture – that God brings disaster on those who continue in hard-hearted rebellion against Him."

God cannot create Evil, he can only put into human terms something beyond our understanding. Evil is outside God's nature. It is the corruption of nature that brings calamity, and God is the one who determines how much of that evil will be allowed to occur.

Israel was unique because it had to survive in a moral state in order to keep the bloodline alive for the messiah. God allowed judgement to happen to Israel in order to discipline them. This doesn't mean that God isn't in control of his own creation, merely that he is not the source of evil. Sin is the opposite of God's nature. What we consider evil God considers as something else entirely. To believe that God works things for the greater good is a way of viewing God's lack of intervention sometimes.

Everything we suffer we do so out of consequence of humanity's sin.
There is that wresting of scripture : These people can take any verse and explain it away : Not something to be proud of : They have become very adept at wresting God's word !!

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be good to notice also, in the beginning, everything was good. Then people rejected God (good truth and love) and get the chance to know what evil means (lack of good, truth and love = God).

God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. There was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Gen. 1:31

But it is correct, Bible says God forms evil. But in this case, it is good to think, what evil really is. It is actually nothing, it is like darkness or emptiness, it is what is left, when good is not present. Good on the other hand is like light. And when the light doesn’t shine, evil remains. People wanted to know evil and therefore we were expelled to this darkness. Luckily there is still some light remaining so that people could find the truth.

To shine on those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death; To guide our feet into the way of peace."
Luke 1:79

But “darkness” doesn’t comprehend it, as it is said in:

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:5

"I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

Unfortunately, many seem to choose the darkness.
more wresting if scripture !

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is that wresting of scripture : These people can take any verse and explain it away : Not something to be proud of : They have become very adept at wresting God's word !!
That's your go to argument I've noticed when you cannot scripturally back up your beliefs, or when someone pokes a hole in your argument because you yourself wrestle scripture.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
more wresting if scripture !

Actually its looking at the original translation. English is not the original language of scripture, therefore sometimes certain meaning or implications do not carry over as well from language to language. It is wise to look at the Bible on a full scale of translation instead of what you pulled out literally of whatever translation you use (there are so many).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"We three kings of orient are ...." The words of this old hymn should ignite our curiosity. Actually the term 'kings' or 'wise men' is incorrect. The proper term is 'magi'. Now, magi is an odd term. It is the plural form of 'magus'. So what is a magus? A magus is a priest of the Zoroastrian religion which was centered in the Iran/Iraq area. So what is the connection that has these people show up in the birth narrative of Jesus? The most obvious connection is that the Jews were dragged into a long captivity in Babylon in that region. Before the exile the Jews attributed both good and evil to Yah. Isaiah 45:7 illustrates this. However, the Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to recast Yah in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Most Christians continue in this belief to the present day. Given the proximity of Babylon to Israel, it is not hard to see the connection between Zoroastrianism and Judaism continuing at some level. Even at the time of Jesus there were still a million or more Jews living in the Babylon area. We also encounter in the New Testament the strange character of Simon Magus. Now we know what he actually was.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A perfect example of this is the teaching that evil could not possibly have a good purpose in God’s creation : So we say that God has nothing to do with it . Well for starters the Bible clearly states that GOD CREATED EVIL : ISAIAH 45(7) : ” I make peace AND CREATE EVIL , I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS. ” Well the question of course arises : Why did God create evil ? If we read GENESIS 3(22) : We see that GOD HIMSELF SAYS : ” The man is become as one of us , to know good AND EVIL ! ” So ACCORDING TO GOD HIMSELF , EVIL DOES INDEED HAVE A GOOD PURPOSE : IT IS PART OF BECOMING AS A GOD ! But if we lean unto our own understanding , we don’t understand this, and we think that evil is only bad : So we then say that God did not create it , thus now SAYING THAT GOD DID NOT CREATE ALL THINGS : ” A SUPER SERIOUS BLASPHEMY .” We say that God does not want evil in his creation : Yet evil is still there : THUS IMPLYING THAT GOD IS NOT EVEN IN CONTROL OF HIS OWN CREATION : Because according to them all these things are there that God supposedly does not want : YET ANOTHER SUPER SERIOUS BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD ! The truth of course is that GOD CREATED ALL THINGS , INCLUDING EVIL : AND THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD in his great plan , and God is in absolute control, even if we don’t understand it yet ! Listen to what God says to us in ISAIAH 55(8&9) : ” 8 : ” For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways , ” 9 : ” For as the heavens are higher then the Earth , so are my ways higher then your ways , and my thoughts then your thoughts . ” Following are a few more examples of things that God uses to fulfill his purposes that if we lean unto our own limited understanding, we might think are bad , thus saying that what God does is bad ; 1 SAMUEL 16(14) : ” But the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and AN EVIL SPIRIT FROM THE LORD troubled him .” and 1 KINGS 22(23) : ” Now therefore behold : THE LORD HATH PUT A LYING SPIRIT in the mouth of all these thy prophets .” So remember PROVERBS 3(5) : ” Trust in the Lord with all thine heart , and lean not unto thine own understanding .” STOP BLASPHEMING EVERY TIME YOU SEE SOMETHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND , AND SAYING THAT GOD DID NOT DO IT OR CREATE IT : YOU ARE ON VERY DANGEROUS GROUND ! PROVERBS 3(7) : ” BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES , FEAR THE LORD, DEPART FROM EVIL . ” : IT IS A GREAT EVIL TO BE WISE IN THINE OWN EYES AND JUDGE GOD !
The most blasphemous false doctrine of men is the teaching that God did not create all things, and that God is not even in control of his own creation ! How do they arrive at this blasphemous false doctrine ? The bible says to trust in God, and not lean unto our own understanding : PROVERBS 3(5) : ” Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding , ” Why does the bible tell us not to lean unto our own understanding ? : 1 CORINTHIANS 13(12) : ” For now we see through a glass darkly , for NOW WE KNOW IN PART . ” This is why the bible tells us not to lean unto our own understanding : Because we presently have very limited understanding, and we will think that we see something wrong, WHEN THERE IS IN FACT NOTHING WRONG, WE JUST THINK THAT WE SEE SOMETHING WRONG , BECAUSE OF OUR LIMITED UNDERSTANDING . A perfect example of this is the teaching that evil could not possibly have a good purpose in God’s creation : So we say that God has nothing to do with it . Well for starters the Bible clearly states that GOD CREATED EVIL : ISAIAH 45(7) : ” I make peace AND CREATE EVIL , I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS. ” Well the question of course arises : Why did God create evil ? If we read GENESIS 3(22) : We see that GOD HIMSELF SAYS : ” The man is become as one of us , to know good AND EVIL ! ” So ACCORDING TO GOD HIMSELF , EVIL DOES INDEED HAVE A GOOD PURPOSE : IT IS PART OF BECOMING AS A GOD ! But if we lean unto our own understanding , we don’t understand this, and we think that evil is only bad : So we then say that God did not create it , thus now SAYING THAT GOD DID NOT CREATE ALL THINGS : ” A SUPER SERIOUS BLASPHEMY .” We say that God does not want evil in his creation : Yet evil is still there : THUS IMPLYING THAT GOD IS NOT EVEN IN CONTROL OF HIS OWN CREATION : Because according to them all these things are there that God supposedly does not want : YET ANOTHER SUPER SERIOUS BLASPHEMY AGAINST GOD !
Didn't everything God create in a week was all good and pleasing? Why did God sent His only Son to redeem humanity from all the problems in the world that eventually came from Adam and Eve?
Its true however, that God sometimes purposefully allows bad things to happen and evil to triumph. This is because He might have plans to glorify Himself. It's a mystery. Isaiah 45 is specifically saying that His creation, like us, are the clay and the Lord is the potter. The clay can't fully comprehend why God created it. That doesn't mean God orchestrated evil Himself.
The reason why God created man was not so that he can do evil, but that he can learn what is evil so that he could avoid it. This is why God told Adam and Eve not to eat it the tree of knowledge, because it can corrupt themselves and creation and it did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is because He might have plans to glorify Himself. It's a mystery.

If God needs to glorify himself then God is somehow deficient. It is a mystery indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually its looking at the original translation. English is not the original language of scripture, therefore sometimes certain meaning or implications do not carry over as well from language to language. It is wise to look at the Bible on a full scale of translation instead of what you pulled out literally of whatever translation you use (there are so many).
No it's wresting of scripture : you put more credence in worldly historians , then the bible : that's your problem!

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't everything God create in a week was all good and pleasing? Why did God sent His only Son to redeem humanity from all the problems in the world that eventually came from Adam and Eve?
Its true however, that God sometimes purposefully allows bad things to happen and evil to triumph. This is because He might have plans to glorify Himself. It's a mystery. Isaiah 45 is specifically saying that His creation, like us, are the clay and the Lord is the potter. The clay can't fully comprehend why God created it. That doesn't mean God orchestrated evil Himself.
The reason why God created man was not so that he can do evil, but that he can learn what is evil so that he could avoid it. This is why God told Adam and Eve not to eat it the tree of knowledge, because it can corrupt themselves and creation and it did.
Romans 8(22): God deliberately created man with a fallible , sinful nature for spiritual educational purposes : there is nothing wrong here : You just don't understand God's true ways : Isaiah 55(8&9) !

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reread the OP : It obviously went right over your head : Mt 13(11)

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"We three kings of orient are ...." The words of this old hymn should ignite our curiosity. Actually the term 'kings' or 'wise men' is incorrect. The proper term is 'magi'. Now, magi is an odd term. It is the plural form of 'magus'. So what is a magus? A magus is a priest of the Zoroastrian religion which was centered in the Iran/Iraq area. So what is the connection that has these people show up in the birth narrative of Jesus? The most obvious connection is that the Jews were dragged into a long captivity in Babylon in that region. Before the exile the Jews attributed both good and evil to Yah. Isaiah 45:7 illustrates this. However, the Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to recast Yah in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Most Christians continue in this belief to the present day. Given the proximity of Babylon to Israel, it is not hard to see the connection between Zoroastrianism and Judaism continuing at some level. Even at the time of Jesus there were still a million or more Jews living in the Babylon area. We also encounter in the New Testament the strange character of Simon Magus. Now we know what he actually was.
Man buddy : you are really full of it : reread the OP : it onviously went right over your head : Mt13(11)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The KJV is the golden standard accepted by all serious , and honest christians : stop following worldly historians instead of the bible !

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's your go to argument I've noticed when you cannot scripturally back up your beliefs, or when someone pokes a hole in your argument because you yourself wrestle scripture.
1 Peter 2(20) is a scripture last time I checked so what are you babbling about!

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 2(20) is a scripture last time I checked so what are you babbling about!
I scripturally back up all my studies : you just ignore them just like the pharisees did to jesus : these people just like to argue !

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Man buddy : you are really full of it : reread the OP : it onviously went right over your head : Mt13(11)

So, since I do not agree that God created evil, I am full of it? I suppose that if I were so inclined I could think of something nasty to say about you. However I have been a Christian for over seventy years and have considered the issues carefully and prayerfully for a very long time. Go with God my friend.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The KJV is the golden standard accepted by all serious , and honest christians : stop following worldly historians instead of the bible !

I think that you are aware that this statement is completely inaccurate.

The King James Version of the New Testament was based upon a Greek text (the Textus Receptus) that was marred by mistakes, containing the accumulated errors of fourteen centuries of manuscript copying. It was essentially the Greek text of the New Testament as edited by Beza, 1589, who closely followed that published by Erasmus, 1516-1535, which was based upon a few medieval manuscripts. The earliest and best of the eight manuscripts which Erasmus consulted was from the tenth century, and yet he made the least use of it because it differed most from the commonly received text; Beza had access to two manuscripts of great value, dating from the fifth and sixth centuries, but he made very little use of them because they differed from the text published by Erasmus. We now possess many more ancient manuscripts (about 9000 compared to just 10) of the New Testament, and thanks to another 400 years of biblical scholarship, are far better equipped to seek to recover the original wording of the Greek text. Much as we might love the KJV and the majesty of it’s Jacobean English, modern translations are more accurate.

Upvote 0