Wellsburg
✟11,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
I believe God speaks to us through scripture. He promised me we would have our own home in 3 years. It’s now going into my 4th year. I’m still stuck living at my aunts place.
My scripture was Isaiah 37:29-32
I was brought back to where I grew up, literally on the same road. We escaped Covid, live on a mountain, and are ready plant in our own soil. But 3 years are gone. The promise has not come. I love God and I’m not turning my back on him. But I mourned and cried and asked why. Probably said things I shouldn’t have. Asked for forgiveness. But not fulfilling his promise to me, I need help getting over this!

Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian I have learned that if there is a misunderstanding understanding scriptures, it is always with me. If you are seeking first His righteousness and His Kingdom, He has promised to provide all your needs. Not necessarily all your wants. Perhaps reconsider how you are applying Isaiah 37?

Welcome to CF! I hope some of your expectations are met here.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe God speaks to us through scripture. He promised me we would have our own home in 3 years. It’s now going into my 4th year. I’m still stuck living at my aunts place.
I was brought back to where I grew up, literally on the same road. We escaped Covid, live on a mountain, and are ready plant in our own soil. But 3 years are gone. The promise has not come. I love God and I’m not turning my back on him. But I mourned and cried and asked why. Probably said things I shouldn’t have. Asked for forgiveness. But not fulfilling his promise to me, I need help getting over .
Not Possible, GOD,
Cannot Lie.
Welcome to CF

Upvote 0

EverydayBread

Aug 9, 2021
Uusimaa
✟23,255.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did you expect it to happen?
God never breaks His promises (Numbers 23:19) It is to be considered, maybe God never promised you this, and it was only your fleshly thought... Did you pray over this issue? May the Lord bless! ❤️

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was brought back to where I grew up, literally on the same road. We escaped Covid, live on a mountain, and are ready plant in our own soil. But 3 years are gone. The promise has not come. I love God and I’m not turning my back on him. But I mourned and cried and asked why. Probably said things I shouldn’t have. Asked for forgiveness. But not fulfilling his promise to me, I need help getting over this!
Welcome to CF. Jesus Christ of Nazareth promised only one thing:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life"
(John 6:47).
Blessings.

Upvote 0

JFD

Sep 12, 2022
Wellsburg
✟11,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I did misinterpret what he spoke to me in the scriptures. I want this so badly! So much so, I could have read a little too much into it.
I feel so ashamed of myself. I told God I forgave him. Seriously? Who am I that I think God needs forgiveness? He is perfect and blameless, he died for MY sins. The world’s! I feel so guilty. I continue to ask for forgiveness. I know he forgives on the first one, but it just helps me work through the guilt.
Thank you for all reply’s. :)

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He promised me we would have our own home in 3 years.
"we" would have our own home.....who's we? are you married?
when husband & I got the home we live in now, we saved ALL my income/lived on husband's income.....by doing that we put 25% down on house

have you been working/saving $ for a house?

I know it's harder today as house prices are at an all time high
you may have to accept a smaller home than you want in order to afford

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, whoever promised it, it wasn't God. God doesn't lie.

Perhaps revise how you confirm that God said something.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi sorry you feel this way truly but God can never ever break His promises. That word is His promise. We have the right to ask God to confirm HIs word by 2 or 3. About everything you said to God....haha. Its really ok...trust me Hes your Father and He can take it. The AWESOME thing is He is not like man nor thinks like man.

So me I would ask according to the word.. but I would tell Him what I want why I wanted it or need it blah blah blah. "you said what so ever I desire when I pray believe I receive it and I will have it. You said delight your self in the the lord and you will give me the desires of my heart. You said if I know you hear me then I know I have the petitions/prayers I asked for."

Take Psa 37:4 the next verse 5 "commit your way to the LORD; Trust in Him also and He will do it." theres a catch. In all this what we are doing is trusting Him. We really need to understand "trust". Leave it with Him. What we always tend to do is put God on some time table. What God can not do is go against mans will and there still is a battle going on up there. When a prophet prayed God answered him (Daniel) right then yet the enemy (Satan) withstood Gab (angel) for 21 days who had to call on Michael to help him.

So when I ask i don't put God on a time clock. What you can also do is simple ask Him why. Same thing here.. you ask kNOWING never doubting He will answer. You rejoice every time you ask because God will ALWAYS answer! Remember we walk by faith no sight not feelings but by faith. HAHA think.. who would tell you "God never answered" or "Hes mad, does not like you" anything like that? Not God...so if those thoughts are not from God then who? FLIP them. Satan can not tell the truth. So if the enemy is saying this to you.. he can only lie :) do you see? So ask Him why is it taking longer? For me based on what you said God has not stopped at all..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JFD

Sep 12, 2022
Wellsburg
✟11,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
"we" would have our own home.....who's we? are you married?
when husband & I got the home we live in now, we saved ALL my income/lived on husband's income.....by doing that we put 25% down on house

have you been working/saving $ for a house?

I know it's harder today as house prices are at an all time high
you may have to accept a smaller home than you want in order to afford
We can barley save anything. All I can do is round up at the store. But that is nothing to what we need. Yes will be married for 30 years this 2023.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

JFD

Sep 12, 2022
Wellsburg
✟11,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Hi sorry you feel this way truly but God can never ever break His promises. That word is His promise. We have the right to ask God to confirm HIs word by 2 or 3. About everything you said to God....haha. Its really ok...trust me Hes your Father and He can take it. The AWESOME thing is He is not like man nor thinks like man.

So me I would ask according to the word.. but I would tell Him what I want why I wanted it or need it blah blah blah. "you said what so ever I desire when I pray believe I receive it and I will have it. You said delight your self in the the lord and you will give me the desires of my heart. You said if I know you hear me then I know I have the petitions/prayers I asked for."

Take Psa 37:4 the next verse 5 "commit your way to the LORD; Trust in Him also and He will do it." theres a catch. In all this what we are doing is trusting Him. We really need to understand "trust". Leave it with Him. What we always tend to do is put God on some time table. What God can not do is go against mans will and there still is a battle going on up there. When a prophet prayed God answered him (Daniel) right then yet the enemy (Satan) withstood Gab (angel) for 21 days who had to call on Michael to help him.

So when I ask i don't put God on a time clock. What you can also do is simple ask Him why. Same thing here.. you ask kNOWING never doubting He will answer. You rejoice every time you ask because God will ALWAYS answer! Remember we walk by faith no sight not feelings but by faith. HAHA think.. who would tell you "God never answered" or "Hes mad, does not like you" anything like that? Not God...so if those thoughts are not from God then who? FLIP them. Satan can not tell the truth. So if the enemy is saying this to you.. he can only lie :) do you see? So ask Him why is it taking longer? For me based on what you said God has not stopped at all..
Thank you for your kind and insightful words. It could have been Satan or it could be my impatience. But I believed because it was from the word that it was God speaking to me. But now I don’t know what to trust from the word. Is there a way to test what is true and from God and what is not?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God is not your Magic 8 Ball. If you'd have turned to the scripture about Judas committing suicide, would you have done that too? Sometimes, it's not God telling you anything, it's you deciding what you want to hear and ascribing it to God.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps I did misinterpret what he spoke to me in the scriptures. I want this so badly! So much so, I could have read a little too much into it.
I feel so ashamed of myself. I told God I forgave him. Seriously? Who am I that I think God needs forgiveness? He is perfect and blameless, he died for MY sins. The world’s! I feel so guilty. I continue to ask for forgiveness. I know he forgives on the first one, but it just helps me work through the guilt.
Thank you for all reply’s. :)
something I think a lot of us struggle with,
GODS ways aren't our ways and his plans are ALWAYS Good.
What he has for you isn't always want you want but it is ALWAYS what you NEED.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JFD

Sep 12, 2022
Wellsburg
✟11,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
I haven’t been reading my Bible very much anymore. Simply because I don’t want to read into something that I think God is telling me. I don’t trust myself anymore. I’ve been trying to find a way on how to test whether or not God is speaking to me though scripture and found this from one of the camp meetings I attended. But I need some help. What is an inner witness?
And should I start a new thread for this?

1. Do I have an INNER WITNESS that this is the RIGHT thing to do?

2. Does GOD’S WORD support the decision or stand against it?

3. Do CIRCUMSTANCES present some special possibility or opportunity?

4. Do CHRISTIAN FRIENDS AND COUNSELORS support or oppose the decision?

5. Do I possess an INNER PEACE about taking this step?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe that wasn't a prophesy or a promise concerning your house. Maybe it was a prophesy to King Hezekiah concerning Sennacherib's invasion.

When we put words in God's mouth concerning our lives, or the lives of others, we set ourselves up for pain and disappointment because God is not obligated to come through on promises he never made to us. Nor is he obligated by our misunderstandings to work to accommodate them.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I haven’t been reading my Bible very much anymore. Simply because I don’t want to read into something that I think God is telling me. I don’t trust myself anymore. I’ve been trying to find a way on how to test whether or not God is speaking to me though scripture and found this from one of the camp meetings I attended. But I need some help. What is an inner witness?
And should I start a new thread for this?

1. Do I have an INNER WITNESS that this is the RIGHT thing to do?

2. Does GOD’S WORD support the decision or stand against it?

3. Do CIRCUMSTANCES present some special possibility or opportunity?

4. Do CHRISTIAN FRIENDS AND COUNSELORS support or oppose the decision?

5. Do I possess an INNER PEACE about taking this step?
I would scale back from things like "where should I live" and focus more on, "is this a loving and right thing to do".

You probably have a conscience that will annoy you when you get close to doing and saying bad things. It's not 100% reliable, but if that alarm is going off, then you should probably stop and re-evaluate.

Things like "where should I live" or "where should I work" and so forth can take care of themselves. God wants you to love him and love others, being true. As you go, wherever you go, you should always be a good Christian. And, like Aquila in Acts 18:2, God can use the circumstances of life to place you exactly where he wants you.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
If God made a promise, He wouldn't of broken it so...

Upvote 0