✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello JFD,
I believe the verses you mentioned were simply not addressed to you directly it is why you were disappointed.
Isa 37:30 And this shall be a sign unto thee, Ye shall eat this year such as groweth of itself; and the second year that which springeth of the same: and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit thereof.

I have found a commentary that can explain better than I;

Isaiah 37:30-35 (KingComments)​

The LORD for Hezekiah​

In the previous section the LORD has spoken about and to the king of Assyria (Isa 37:22). In Isa 37:30 He addresses Hezekiah and promises him a sign of deliverance. This sign does not come before, but after the deliverance. When the sign is fulfilled, it is proof that the LORD has worked the redemption. Because of the siege they could neither reap nor sow. After the deliverance they will eat what has risen by itself from the fallen out grains of the previous year. After that they will be able to sow again and eat the fruit at the set time.

The prophet uses this as a picture of the people themselves. Just as there will be a harvest left for the people, so there will be a new flowering season of the people after the judgments (Isa 37:31). This will happen through a “surviving remnant” (Isa 37:31; Isa 37:32), which will go out of Jerusalem (Isa 37:32). The LORD will take care of this in His zeal for His people. This will happen after the church has been raptured.

The prophecy ends with the assurance that the king of Assyria will not be a threat in any way (Isa 37:33). He will not be able to make any attempt to conquest, but will move away from the city (Isa 37:34). The LORD defends the city and will save it (Isa 37:35). He has two reasons for this. The first reason is His own connection with the city. He has attached His honor to it and therefore He protects it. The second reason is His promise to His servant David, the man after His own heart.

He has given Jerusalem to David and in David to the true David, the Messiah, the coming King, Who once will reign in righteousness in the city of peace. The LORD here prophetically gives the promise of the restoration of Israel into the millennial realm, immediately after the supernatural destruction of the Assyrian.

Like other people mentioned above, GOD never breaks a promise.
Blessings,

JFF

Upvote 0