Ottawa
✟17,942.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I haven't watch the video, but Jason Lisle is a shill for Answers in Genesis.

There are no Christians that think "Genesis doesn't matter." It's a matter of interpretation, and if you ask me, AiG is doing a serious disservice to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In this video, that a certain scientist that explains about evolution,

Kooksville! The Bible idol needs to be reformed, when the creation story was written for the Bronze Age mind they didn't know anything about (created life) evolving on earth. Just as man evolves throughout life from the simple to the complex, from the child to the adult, so did life evolve from the simple to the complex

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kooksville! The Bible idol needs to be reformed, when the creation story was written for the Bronze Age mind they didn't know anything about (created life) evolving on earth. Just as man evolves throughout life from the simple to the complex, from the child to the adult, so did life evolve from the simple to the complex
And yes, it had taken a short period , but not millions of years in the making. Did it had taken a butterfly millions of years for it to evolve from a caterpillar to a butterfly? But then why that it has taken a man so long to evolved from fish? But why we cannot conceive a child with our distance relatives?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And yes, it had taken a short period , but not millions of years in the making. Did it had taken a butterfly millions of years for it to evolve from a caterpillar to a butterfly? But then why that it has taken a man so long to evolved from fish? But why we cannot conceive a child with our distance relatives?
Because evolution is Gods way. Because the evolution of primitive life forms took hundreds of millions of years to evolve into life as we know it today. Humans are a very recent development. The evidence is in the fossil record.

Noah's flood was an exaggerated myth used by the Hebrew priest to trace their bloodlines back to Adam who they assumed was the first man.

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because evolution is Gods way. Because the evolution of primitive life forms took hundreds of millions of years to evolve into life as we know it today. Humans are a very recent development. The evidence is in the fossil record.

Noah's flood was an exaggerated myth used by the Hebrew priest to trace their bloodlines back to Adam who they assumed was the first man.
There's a lot of evidences that shows that early man were very intelligent, that they has been wipe out. it not just in the Christian's arena only, but it also in the secular arena also. But they believes that these evidences shows that early man was visited by aliens. And so all of that was taught from our youth was all lies just to keep us in the dark.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot of evidences that shows that early man were very intelligent, that they has been wipe out. it not just in the Christian's arena only, but it also in the secular arena also. But they believes that these evidences shows that early man was visited by aliens. And so all of that was taught from our youth was all lies just to keep us in the dark.

The evolution of life, started by Gods celestial children, is a belief that makes sense based on the evidence in the archeological record.

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The evolution of life, started by Gods celestial children, is a belief that makes sense based on the evidence in the archeological record.
if that were so, then whom create them? the Book of Jasher reported that they were into sorcery. But sorcery is to manipulate something, like they had created a drink that manipulated the women's bodies into not becoming pregnant while after having sexual intercourse. And they were manipulating the species with another, but we call it genetic modification. But it said the ones that had taught them all of these abominations were the followers of Enoch, that had full knowledge of everything, like what Solomon had. Once Enoch died, they came down from the mountain and they has gotten caught up with worldly temptations. Started taking what did not belong to them. But it did not mentioned nothing about aliens. That is why God only has given the prophets afterwards, a small portion of what they had.

Judges 13:24 The woman gave birth to a boy and named him Samson. He grew and the Lord blessed him,

1 Kings 4:29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.

2 Kings 2:9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now, you seem to be a christian...as you're posting on a Christian only forum...that would cause me to believe you believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ on day 3....YET...all of the scientific evidence says when you're dead, on day 3 you stay dead.

Yeah, that's kind of why it was and is a big deal that Jesus rose from the dead.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot of evidences that shows that early man were very intelligent, that they has been wipe out. . . . . .

You will not find any scientific source that says that even the earliest members of the species homo sapiens lacked intelligence in any way. Nor will you find any religious sources making that claim. So that leads me to ask . . . . who, wherever, said early man was not intelligent?

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should not make up stuff about the book of Jasher when there is no evidence for what you assert.
I did not make up any assertions about the Book of Jasher. And believe me that i know a lot about other Books that weren't canonized that I believe that they should of had composed them with the other books in our today Bible.

The Book of Jasher http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/index.htm

Jasher 2:20 And some of the sons of men caused their wives to drink a draught that would render them barren, in order that they might retain their figures and whereby their beautiful appearance might not fade.

Jasher 3:8 And the spirit of God was upon Enoch, and he taught all his men the wisdom of God and his ways, and the sons of men served the Lord all the days of Enoch, and they came to hear his wisdom.

Jasher 4:18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I did not make up any assertions about the Book of Jasher. And believe me that i know a lot about other Books that weren't canonized that I believe that they should of had composed them with the other books in our today Bible.
What is your evidence that this is the same "Book of Jasher" quoted in Joshua and not just one of the medieval forgeries?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I haven't watch the video, but Jason Lisle is a shill for Answers in Genesis.

If only we had a nickle for every shill for blind faith evolutionism. What a boost to the economy that would be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's true that Atheist cite their belief in evolution as an explanation as to why they don't belive in YEC. Technically you are both wrong

But not in real life. In real life - it is blind faith evolutionism and Urantia that is wrong to imagine that "an amoeba will sure enough turn into a rabbit over time - given a talented enough amoeba and a long and talented enough period of time filled with just-so stories easy enough to make up - but not actually science as that amoeba climbs its way up mount improbable"

Were we just "not supposed to notice"??

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Jasher 2:20 And some of the sons of men caused their wives to drink a draught that would render them barren, in order that they might retain their figures and whereby their beautiful appearance might not fade.

Jasher 3:8 And the spirit of God was upon Enoch, and he taught all his men the wisdom of God and his ways, and the sons of men served the Lord all the days of Enoch, and they came to hear his wisdom.

Jasher 4:18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

Is this book as credible as the apocrypha is? More credible? Less credible?

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Here's some interesting information from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Jasher_(Pseudo-Jasher)

In Alcuinus' supposed translation, the Law is not given to Moses on Mount Sinai by God, but near to the mountain by Moses' father-in-law Jethro as the basis for civil government. The Creation occurs in the first chapter by natural process out of the ether and God only appears in Eden after the plants and animals, at the human stage of creation. Adam and Eve do not transgress, and, later on, Noah is credited only with the invention of shipping. The adjustments to the biblical narrative clearly promote Deist and Rationalist viewpoints from the 18th century, when the book was published, and the noble innocence of primitive humanity untarnished by original sin.

Clearly not a credible source.

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What makes the Book of Jasher a legit copy like the rest, because the originals were put into the ark, and the copies were given to the people. For one thing,that it mentions in the Bible, that it will be like the time of Noah. And which that there is no records of how things were before the flood. But in the Roman's time, they did not known of genetic modification. If they did, then we should of had been as far advance in knowledge than we are right now. God destroyed everything that they were doing, and when they tried to restart what they has left off. He wiped out their memories like a stroke victim, at the time of Babel, in which they could not communicate with each other because no one remembered how to communicate. They all started wondering around not knowing whom they were. And Moses was given visions of the past and wrote them down. And when he saw the time of Babel, he saw them just roaming around babbling. and so he just written down what he has saw.
There is records of the ones that had discovered the Americas, that they had asked the Aztec Indians or Mayans," Whom built this civilization, these structures"? The natives responded back to them, " They did not know, that these structures were here before their time". And which I believes the same things that has happen about the rest of these ancient cities. That these cities were inhabitant by vagrants. That is why after the flood, that it started off with the ascendants of Abraham were wanderers. Even in the records of Plato, that he said before the flood, Egypt was controlled by the Atlanteans. And then there were an archaeologist claimed that the great Sphinx was once underwater. An plus they has found a lot of pyramids and sphinx underwater in different parts of the world. But they used an excuse for one sphinx that it had fell from off of a ship that was being transported to Rome.

Jasher 9:33 And from that day following, they forgot each man his neighbor's tongue, and they could not understand to speak in one tongue, and when the builder took from the hands of his neighbor lime or stone which he did not order, the builder would cast it away and throw it upon his neighbor, that he would die.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But not in real life. In real life - it is blind faith evolutionism and Urantia that is wrong to imagine that "an amoeba will sure enough turn into a rabbit over time - given a talented enough amoeba and a long and talented enough period of time filled with just-so stories easy enough to make up - but not actually science as that amoeba climbs its way up mount improbable"

Were we just "not supposed to notice"??
I never made that claim, you just keep recycling the same lie because that's all you have. We have the evidence within the fossil record, you have a story written by Holy men full of errors and exaggerated claims.

Upvote 0