Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Most of all is my general internal experience. I read what the Bible says God does with people, and I trust God to correct me so I am sharing with Him and discovering how He has me loving.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

All the time, I think this means, I can submit for how God rules me in His own peace. And this does me so much good, for everything. God's peace is almighty against fear and bitterness and boredom and loneliness and dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasure and excitement, plus our Creator's peace makes me creative for how to love every person.

So, this is one example of my internal experience of God producing what He means by His word. On my own I never thought up anything like this.

There are many things and what people do around me, which I consider to be God's doing.

For one example, I see how God does not only write poetry, but there is poetry of how He has people in my life. For one example, our church helps with a truck ministry for helping needy people. And our preparation team has two sisters, and one looks like my first serious romantic adult companion while she also has the first name of one of my first childhood girlfriends. The other sister has the same unusual name as the daughter of a pastor I was with in an inner city store front church for years. And I have seen other sorts of poetry not only of words, but of people and names and events.

Years ago, I walked down a railroad and then went on some streets, at night. A cruiser stopped and picked me up, and the passenger officer asked me where I was going. In my head, I heard something like, "Tell them you are going to North Carolina to visit a church." I was in Massachusetts. If I told them that, I understood they could take me into custody. But I obeyed what I was told to tell them. He said, "Ok," they took me to their station, then let me walk free. Then state troopers in Rhode Island took me to a mental health institution. And one day they took us on an outing to an eating place; I looked it up on a wall map > it was, in Rhode Island, north of what is called the "Carolina Management Area". So, indeed I did go to a location north of Rhode Island's Carolina Management Area.

Then years later, I did walk to North Carolina and I visited a church there.

Nice. Even if I accept that the coincidences and your inner voice were of a supernatural nature, how are you convinced they are God of the Bible? Maybe it was Ashura Mazda of Zaratushtra working? Or Father Tengri the Blue Sky with his wife Mother Umai the Brown Earth manifesting in your life? You really don't know.

Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
On what basis would you consider someone "truly wonderful"?

It was an abstract example. OK, let's say, a person drew a picture of Lucifer and became truly diabolic thanks to full devotion. Doesn't matter. The point is, you beleive strongly in smth with all of your heart, and that's why you achieve it. Human doing, not supernatural.

To answer your question, in that example my idea of "woderful person" doesn't matter - but what the Unicorn beleiver's understanding of it is. Based on the Holy Book of the Rainbow Unicorn, for example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of my family are devout Mislims, and they claim Allah is doing great things in their lives. I see changes in their behavior because they follow the tenets of Islam. I see nothing of a supernatural being working, only their own doing. Same with your story.
No sir, not the same at all.
Try again.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You really don't know.
God knows. Also, it is clear in the Bible that the Creator is in management of any and all things. And we can be personally ruled by Him in His own peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

He is the One who created all things, and maintains their existence, plus He is almighty for dealing with "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience." (in Ephesians 2:2) And He is able to personally communicate to have us know what He pleases for us to know.

And Jesus His Son came to this earth and suffered and died for us. I do not know of any other who is able in me to personally and more and more constantly rule me in His own peace which shares with us His own almighty immunity against wrong drives and unforgiveness and ongoing emotional suffering and anger and arguing and complaining and other dominating and cruel things.

Jesus guarantees us that if we learn to obey Him and love the way He wants, "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

And, of course, Jesus rose from the dead on the third day and now is Lord of all. Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the life > John 14:6 > and He says, "No one comes to the Father except through Me." And no other has done these things for me, that the Bible says God does. He has not communicated to have me know of any other, while personally guiding me in His own peace.

And it looks like you are admitting how you don't know this. Only God can prove Himself to you.

It is like how I could tell you all about elephants, and all you have ever seen is a walrus. I can say an elephant has tusks, and is very large with wrinkly skin. And all you can get is I must be talking about a walrus.

Or, you can spend all day saying, how do I know I have experienced an elephant? And why hasn't an elephant come to my igloo and introduced itself to me? You can second-guess, I see, anything I offer. But this does not change if there is really an elephant or not.

If you have not experienced God, it is because what we do does not work. We need how God has us come to know and share with Him. But in pride we have the personal communication of God's resistance >

"God resists the proud" > in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5. Every one of us has done foolishly in pride; so every one of us has experienced God personally communicating with us by means of His resistance, whether we know this or admit this or not.

My opinion is you can not present a quote of any other being who claims to personally and constantly, more and more, guide that one's own children in perfect peace, nor can you quote any other who claims to personally resist any and all wrong humans in their pride.

Only God through Jesus makes this claim, as far as I know. And I mean in writing, clearly recorded and known around the world. And He has provided His own Son to suffer and die for us, so we may be reconciled with Him, after we have lived so awfully and selfishly against Him; and now He is deeply correcting our character so we become natural in loving any and all people > Hebrews 12:4-14.

Because He is in control of all, He can use even hypocrites to print His word and spread this message around the world. He is not in some hidden sneaky who-knows-where and not heard of wherever, like it seems is the case of certain ones you have listed that I have never heard about, at all . . . if even any real number of humans beside you have ever heard of them.

Jesus is so credible, that many people are trying to counterfeit Him so they can deceive people. You can't use people very well, by using what is not a counterfeit of real money! :)

The truth is, for me, I am not God; so how can I know whatever, unless He has me know? He is so more and better than we are. An ant in the bottom of an ant hill can not know if I exist. But I can dig up the ant and then it has proof. But, even then, the ant is not me; what really can the ant know if only it is in my hand??

But God's word says that in Jesus we are "joined to Him" so we are "one spirit with Him" > in 1 Corinthians 6:17. And since we do have our spiritual level or sort of existence, we can connect with God who is spiritual in being, and even be changed by Him in our character so we become able to share with Him, even feel what He is feeling.

And God's word says to have "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4) So, from this I see how God's love is gentle and quiet. So, in His gentleness and humility, of Jesus, I can share deeper than words with God Himself in me.

But this comes with getting rid of my noisy anti-love stuff >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

God's grace changes us to succeed in getting rid of noisy stuff of unforgiveness and dominating drives for pleasures and excitement which only waste us and our time away from finding out how to love. There are many anti-love things which so keep us from enjoying God and loving any and all people. But Jesus died for us, in order to get us started in discovering how to share with God and learn how to love any and all people.

But people stay in their dominating and dictatorial stuff which keeps any of us from sharing with God. Only Jesus can save us and correct us from and cure us of this. I know of no other who does this and has guaranteed this in writing which has been spread and studied around the world, in various cultures.

All others that I have heard of are distant, and/or expect humans to take care of things, themselves, in self help efforts.

Only God through Jesus is recorded to claim He personally cares for His children, while we live in submission to how He rules us in His own peace which is almighty against fear and fighting and arguing and unforgiveness and dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasure. And, instead, Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-30) while we do what He has us doing. And I do not know of ones of any other who openly and regularly write and talk about how their god more and more constantly does anything like this with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Temirlan
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see nothing of a supernatural being working, only their own doing. Same with your story.

In what way?
Well, how much do they talk about how God is giving them peace in all-loving love?

Jesus says, "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" in Matthew 5:46.

And we have >

How much do they say they experience God personally sharing with them in His own peace while personally guiding them in His love's creativity?

God is our Creator. We can see how creative He is. And in His love we can share with Him so we know how to creatively love each and every person. How much do they talk about this?

To my knowledge, this is not a major emphasis in the Qur'an. But I can show you how any scripture of the Bible is somehow related to being personally guided by God in the peace of His all-loving love. Somehow, any Christian Canon writing can be used to help us discover how to love.

But you won't get this by being a spectator!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I grew up in an atheist country. "There is no God, all religions are bad. Faith is blindness" Why faith? Faith is voluntary refusal to think, isn't it?

It can be, but for some people it is simply thinking more deeply, living more deeply.

Why lie your whole life to yourselves and to others? I see no point in that. Waste of time.

Living a life of love and service is no lie. And that's what the best of Christians do.

Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It can be, but for some people it is simply thinking more deeply, living more deeply.

Living a life of love and service is no lie. And that's what the best of Christians do.

It's nice. People do some seemingly great things even for a deceived cause, like communists did. I think it's better for humanity to be honest, it will bring about true progress. Religion has brought so much division and suffering to the world. Living for untruth does that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you. I might be 100% wrong with those assumptions.

Human doing, not supernatural

But, this is also just an assumption...and yet, you keep saying that people do great things while being "deceived". How does this make any sense? If it were just "human doing" wouldn't it be more like survival of the fittest? What is supernatural?

Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
But, this is also just an assumption...and yet, you keep saying that people do great things while being "deceived". How does this make any sense? If it were just "human doing" wouldn't it be more like survival of the fittest? What is supernatural?

Reading text online and see people day by day in real life is not the same. I can see that there's nothing supernatural in the effects of faith. Psychology.

There's some good, but there's a lot of bad too that faith brings into the life of a beleiver.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Religion has brought so much division and suffering to the world.
Well, it depends on what the religion is.

"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." (James 1:27)

Now, to my knowledge, this can be found in some way in the seven pillars of Islam. Ones are told to help the needy, right? So, this idea is not only in the Bible. But what it means to keep unspotted from this evil world is something which needs attention . . . and possibly comparison.

How is one's religion, about being all-loving and generously and all-forgiving? One example. Islam, I understand will tell us to win against evil, by not giving in to evil, within ourselves. But how much does this include becoming generously all-forgiving? Unforgiveness can spot and mar us. We are wise not to allow even evil people to have power over us, to get us to hate them; or else, the kingdom of hate has us in Satan's power. But do Muslims consider this, in trying to win their battle inside themselves against evil??

If it were just "human doing" wouldn't it be more like survival of the fittest?
Now, by the way, Temirlan > do you believe we humans are all physical only - - that we have evolved from an "ameba"?? If all beings of nature started from that ameba, don't you find it interesting how DNA could bring us to have the ability to experience God and to produce all the different religions? I mean, this would be what atoms and molecules have done by interaction according to predictable scientific principles of how matter and energy work. Right? Or not?? :) And according to evolution, I understand, the behavior of feeling God and/or inventing various religious groups would all have been selected!! And consciousness got in, somewhere, versus how it seems a rock does not have feelings. How do atoms and molecules produce consciousness and not conscious????

I offer, by the way . . . as you might predict :) I would > God is alive and conscious. His light effects us to be conscious. But how our own nature is will have so much with how we become conscious. It is like how night UV light will effect different things to look different, because of the nature of what the UV light hits. Or, we could say how fire can produce a different effect on things, depending on the nature of the thing in the fire. God's light of love does come to all, but our selfish nature has us in frustration, bitterness, arguing, complaining, though we are somehow conscious. But because of our own nature in a selfish spirit, we are love-dead. Therefore, we so need how God changes our character when we trust in Jesus and become new creations, of love.

But to stay with my point > do people really think physical DNA produced me being able to experience and share what I do?

I have read how evolutionists can talk their way around this, by the way. But, still, I find it interesting > the idea that atoms and molecules could produce all the marvelous creatures of nature, and then produce humans who can be so stupid and self-destructive while we are the most highly intelligent beings on this planet.

Now . . . of course . . . the Bible says Adam and Eve lost so much of the potential they had. It is like a computer very capable has been short-circuited or hacked. But it was so highly capable. This could be "why" humans are said to use only a small percentage of our brain's capability. So, it is interesting that humans could evolve so much more ability than they use, and therefore it could not have been selected if it has not been needed. But, I can think of a way out of this > may be we used to use it, but got lazy once we got our gadgets.

We can argue ourselves anywhere, can't we, then?

I can see that there's nothing supernatural in the effects of faith. Psychology.
Now, I would say faith has sensory capability, included. You need ability to sense God, in order to know there is God. This is not a say-so, logical thing. Because we humans do not have the senses we need, unless God first changes us spiritually.

I wrote with a woman who says she has been black blind from birth. She never sees colors in her imagination, nor does she dream!!!! But her inability has no say about what is real or not. Sin is love-dead and blind. This shows how much we need Jesus. He is our only way to God. And He is "gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

This means we can not argue anyone anywhere; we offer what we sow, but depend on God to prove Himself.

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of my family are devout Mislims, and they claim Allah is doing great things in their lives. I see changes in their behavior because they follow the tenets of Islam. I see nothing of a supernatural being working, only their own doing. Same with your story.
So, you are saying Muslims and Christians are both the same, talking about what God is doing for them, and you see their lives changing for the better. So, you say both are the same > and self-produced.

In what way?
By the way, Temirlan > you say we all can do things ourselves, then say God has done us good, if I understand you correctly. What can be happening indeed is how religious people are mainly interested in what they themselves get from God, and they do things in order to get brownie points to get them to heaven. They are not really caring about any and all others as themselves.

Now, yes, this can be the same for cultural Muslims and cultural Christians.

But, how about Joseph? Genesis 37-50. The LORD was with Joseph. So, Joseph was greatly blessed, but this was while doing all-loving things . . . since it was God all-loving blessing him.

I am satisfied I know people who care about and are loving to all others, as Jesus love people.

Are there Muslims who you can say are the same, as this?

Ok, I'll offer two things, at once > how Christianity and Islam can be different, plus how

I can show you how any scripture of the Bible is somehow related to being personally guided by God in the peace of His all-loving love. Somehow, any Christian Canon writing can be used to help us discover how to love.
An example is stoning a person for adultery. This is in both the Qur'an and the Christian Scriptures, right?

So, yeah, you can say both are the same.

But does the Qur'an's order to stone people for adultery have the same purpose as the Christian scripture's directive to stone people to death for adultery??

A self-boasting person identifying as a Muslim will likely understand stoning for adultery the same way as a self-righteous person claiming to be a Christian. Both will want to just kill the person who is guilty of adultery. They welcome the opportunity to feel superior to and make themselves the judge of somebody else.

But this is not how the Bible says to handle people of adultery > not with a self-righteous spirit.

Now . . . then . . . does the Qur'an, though, teach against being self-righteous in how ones stone a person for adultery? Does the Qur'an get into how God would have us in our hearts while executing someone for adultery? Possibly the Qur'an says the death penalty for adultery is mainly a practical thing to do to keep control of people in marriages? And/or, for all I know, it is said to be mainly to make sure people get to heaven.

The Bible's death penalty order for adultery is said to be meant to put away evil from God's people. And they are told not to have sympathy for the stoned people.

However, for us now in Jesus, there is plenty we can gain from how Moses passed on the death penalty command for adultery. For us, this shows how we need to love other people, not take what someone else has, but love as family. The order is intended not merely so we kill people who commit adultery, but it is meant to prevent adultery, and so we instead learn how to love as family with our neighbor. Also, it is meant to show us that we need to learn how to love with our own spouses, and not accept excuses to go elsewhere. So, the command is not meant only to get rid of wrong people, but to help people learn how to love.

Also, it shows how a person's life is not worth much if a person is so unloving that he or she can betray one's own and another's spouse. Betraying is not an act of love. I consider that it is an act of hatred to betray another person. And in God's word it is clear how if we hate someone, we do not have eternal life living in us > 1 John 3:15. Therefore, adultery is an anti-love crime. Such hating can be considered to be like murder. Deuteronomy 22:25-27 says that if a man rapes another man's fiancée, this is the same as rising up and killing that man. So, yes, sexual crime can be considered an act of hatred and murder.

So, does the Qur'an get this concerned about if we are personally caring about other people, as our reason for not committing adultery, among other things? Is the main motive to be self-preservation, or so we can learn how to love any and all people?

I think it is clear how the Bible is especially concerned about love being our reason why we do not do sins.

And this order to stone someone for adultery, in the Bible, can show us how in sin our lives are not worth much or anything. Or else, I would think God would say to do something different. It shows that without Jesus death is the only option. But with Jesus a person can be forgiven and changed to be a loving person; and there is no need to stone a loving person for what an unloving person did, right? If God changes you from adultery, you are no longer that evil person. This is the best revenge, then, against evil :) > instead of just killing a wrong person, change the person into a caring person so evil can't use that person any more. This is the best revenge - - against evil!

So, is this the same as Islam????

Another item > this capital punishment for adultery order was given before Jesus came to redeem us. Without Jesus, there is no cure for a person guilty of adultery. So, this order could be intended, while multi-tasking in other ways, to show how Jesus is needed.

And an overall point is how God is able to change any person to love. But this is with Jesus.

But yes a number of both Muslims and Christians might take the stoning order for adultery to mean God expects us to manage our own selves. But I offer the overall message of the Bible shows how a person of adultery might not deserve anything good, but God alone is able to change him or her into a trustworthy person whom God Himself trusts and shares with that person in His own love. But this comes with how Jesus so worthy went to Calvary for us, being worthy to take our place of our death penalty which we deserve, and gain God's favor of salvation for us.

We could not die right for our own sins. A person being stoned likely would not be trying to please God by dying right for one's own sin. But Jesus died right, for us; and now we can trust in Him, for all this is meant to bring us to . . . discovering better than I can show and tell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
God knows. Also, it is clear in the Bible that the Creator is in management of any and all things. And we can be personally ruled by Him in His own peace >

He is the One who created all things, and maintains their existence, plus He is almighty for dealing with "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience." (in Ephesians 2:2) And He is able to personally communicate to have us know what He pleases for us to know.

And Jesus His Son came to this earth and suffered and died for us. I do not know of any other who is able in me to personally and more and more constantly rule me in His own peace which shares with us His own almighty immunity against wrong drives and unforgiveness and ongoing emotional suffering and anger and arguing and complaining and other dominating and cruel things.

Jesus guarantees us that if we learn to obey Him and love the way He wants, "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

And, of course, Jesus rose from the dead on the third day and now is Lord of all. Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the life > John 14:6 > and He says, "No one comes to the Father except through Me." And no other has done these things for me, that the Bible says God does. He has not communicated to have me know of any other, while personally guiding me in His own peace.

And it looks like you are admitting how you don't know this. Only God can prove Himself to you.

It is like how I could tell you all about elephants, and all you have ever seen is a walrus. I can say an elephant has tusks, and is very large with wrinkly skin. And all you can get is I must be talking about a walrus.

Or, you can spend all day saying, how do I know I have experienced an elephant? And why hasn't an elephant come to my igloo and introduced itself to me? You can second-guess, I see, anything I offer. But this does not change if there is really an elephant or not.

If you have not experienced God, it is because what we do does not work. We need how God has us come to know and share with Him. But in pride we have the personal communication of God's resistance >

"God resists the proud" > in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5. Every one of us has done foolishly in pride; so every one of us has experienced God personally communicating with us by means of His resistance, whether we know this or admit this or not.

My opinion is you can not present a quote of any other being who claims to personally and constantly, more and more, guide that one's own children in perfect peace, nor can you quote any other who claims to personally resist any and all wrong humans in their pride.

Only God through Jesus makes this claim, as far as I know. And I mean in writing, clearly recorded and known around the world. And He has provided His own Son to suffer and die for us, so we may be reconciled with Him, after we have lived so awfully and selfishly against Him; and now He is deeply correcting our character so we become natural in loving any and all people > Hebrews 12:4-14.

Because He is in control of all, He can use even hypocrites to print His word and spread this message around the world. He is not in some hidden sneaky who-knows-where and not heard of wherever, like it seems is the case of certain ones you have listed that I have never heard about, at all . . . if even any real number of humans beside you have ever heard of them.

Jesus is so credible, that many people are trying to counterfeit Him so they can deceive people. You can't use people very well, by using what is not a counterfeit of real money! :)

The truth is, for me, I am not God; so how can I know whatever, unless He has me know? He is so more and better than we are. An ant in the bottom of an ant hill can not know if I exist. But I can dig up the ant and then it has proof. But, even then, the ant is not me; what really can the ant know if only it is in my hand??

But God's word says that in Jesus we are "joined to Him" so we are "one spirit with Him" > in 1 Corinthians 6:17. And since we do have our spiritual level or sort of existence, we can connect with God who is spiritual in being, and even be changed by Him in our character so we become able to share with Him, even feel what He is feeling.

And God's word says to have "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4) So, from this I see how God's love is gentle and quiet. So, in His gentleness and humility, of Jesus, I can share deeper than words with God Himself in me.

But this comes with getting rid of my noisy anti-love stuff >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

God's grace changes us to succeed in getting rid of noisy stuff of unforgiveness and dominating drives for pleasures and excitement which only waste us and our time away from finding out how to love. There are many anti-love things which so keep us from enjoying God and loving any and all people. But Jesus died for us, in order to get us started in discovering how to share with God and learn how to love any and all people.

But people stay in their dominating and dictatorial stuff which keeps any of us from sharing with God. Only Jesus can save us and correct us from and cure us of this. I know of no other who does this and has guaranteed this in writing which has been spread and studied around the world, in various cultures.

All others that I have heard of are distant, and/or expect humans to take care of things, themselves, in self help efforts.

Only God through Jesus is recorded to claim He personally cares for His children, while we live in submission to how He rules us in His own peace which is almighty against fear and fighting and arguing and unforgiveness and dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasure. And, instead, Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-30) while we do what He has us doing. And I do not know of ones of any other who openly and regularly write and talk about how their god more and more constantly does anything like this with them.

When I look at beleivers of any faith, there are tremendous claims. All I can see is humans doing what humans can do. Nothing of divine or supernatural nature. Humans can achive very, very much. They are quite capable beings. I've never seen a beleiver do something an unbeliever can't do. In many cases an unbeliever can achieve even more, because their minds are totally open, free, not restricted by artificial boundaries. Also unbeleivers do not beleive they are somehow flawed, and that helps them go forward no matter what.

Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
So, you are saying Muslims and Christians are both the same, talking about what God is doing for them, and you see their lives changing for the better. So, you say both are the same > and self-produced.

By the way, Temirlan > you say we all can do things ourselves, then say God has done us good, if I understand you correctly. What can be happening indeed is how religious people are mainly interested in what they themselves get from God, and they do things in order to get brownie points to get them to heaven. They are not really caring about any and all others as themselves.

Now, yes, this can be the same for cultural Muslims and cultural Christians.

But, how about Joseph? Genesis 37-50. The LORD was with Joseph. So, Joseph was greatly blessed, but this was while doing all-loving things . . . since it was God all-loving blessing him.

I am satisfied I know people who care about and are loving to all others, as Jesus love people.

Are there Muslims who you can say are the same, as this?

Ok, I'll offer two things, at once > how Christianity and Islam can be different, plus how

An example is stoning a person for adultery. This is in both the Qur'an and the Christian Scriptures, right?

So, yeah, you can say both are the same.

But does the Qur'an's order to stone people for adultery have the same purpose as the Christian scripture's directive to stone people to death for adultery??

A self-boasting person identifying as a Muslim will likely understand stoning for adultery the same way as a self-righteous person claiming to be a Christian. Both will want to just kill the person who is guilty of adultery. They welcome the opportunity to feel superior to and make themselves the judge of somebody else.

But this is not how the Bible says to handle people of adultery > not with a self-righteous spirit.

Now . . . then . . . does the Qur'an, though, teach against being self-righteous in how ones stone a person for adultery? Does the Qur'an get into how God would have us in our hearts while executing someone for adultery? Possibly the Qur'an says the death penalty for adultery is mainly a practical thing to do to keep control of people in marriages? And/or, for all I know, it is said to be mainly to make sure people get to heaven.

The Bible's death penalty order for adultery is said to be meant to put away evil from God's people. And they are told not to have sympathy for the stoned people.

However, for us now in Jesus, there is plenty we can gain from how Moses passed on the death penalty command for adultery. For us, this shows how we need to love other people, not take what someone else has, but love as family. The order is intended not merely so we kill people who commit adultery, but it is meant to prevent adultery, and so we instead learn how to love as family with our neighbor. Also, it is meant to show us that we need to learn how to love with our own spouses, and not accept excuses to go elsewhere. So, the command is not meant only to get rid of wrong people, but to help people learn how to love.

Also, it shows how a person's life is not worth much if a person is so unloving that he or she can betray one's own and another's spouse. Betraying is not an act of love. I consider that it is an act of hatred to betray another person. And in God's word it is clear how if we hate someone, we do not have eternal life living in us > 1 John 3:15. Therefore, adultery is an anti-love crime. Such hating can be considered to be like murder. Deuteronomy 22:25-27 says that if a man rapes another man's fiancée, this is the same as rising up and killing that man. So, yes, sexual crime can be considered an act of hatred and murder.

So, does the Qur'an get this concerned about if we are personally caring about other people, as our reason for not committing adultery, among other things? Is the main motive to be self-preservation, or so we can learn how to love any and all people?

I think it is clear how the Bible is especially concerned about love being our reason why we do not do sins.

And this order to stone someone for adultery, in the Bible, can show us how in sin our lives are not worth much or anything. Or else, I would think God would say to do something different. It shows that without Jesus death is the only option. But with Jesus a person can be forgiven and changed to be a loving person; and there is no need to stone a loving person for what an unloving person did, right? If God changes you from adultery, you are no longer that evil person. This is the best revenge, then, against evil :) > instead of just killing a wrong person, change the person into a caring person so evil can't use that person any more. This is the best revenge - - against evil!

So, is this the same as Islam????

Another item > this capital punishment for adultery order was given before Jesus came to redeem us. Without Jesus, there is no cure for a person guilty of adultery. So, this order could be intended, while multi-tasking in other ways, to show how Jesus is needed.

And an overall point is how God is able to change any person to love. But this is with Jesus.

But yes a number of both Muslims and Christians might take the stoning order for adultery to mean God expects us to manage our own selves. But I offer the overall message of the Bible shows how a person of adultery might not deserve anything good, but God alone is able to change him or her into a trustworthy person whom God Himself trusts and shares with that person in His own love. But this comes with how Jesus so worthy went to Calvary for us, being worthy to take our place of our death penalty which we deserve, and gain God's favor of salvation for us.

We could not die right for our own sins. A person being stoned likely would not be trying to please God by dying right for one's own sin. But Jesus died right, for us; and now we can trust in Him, for all this is meant to bring us to . . . discovering better than I can show and tell.

I understand. All these doctrinal differences. In many ways Christianity and Islam are very similar. It's like Islam is almost a denomination of Christianity with a different name. In essence, all belivers are the same. They accept things they don't really know as truth - faith. It's a big mistake. One should only accept what they know, and admit they don't know anything else. This opens tremendous possibilities for seeking and finding the truth. Faith shuts up doors for honest inquiry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand. All these doctrinal differences. In many ways Christianity and Islam are very similar. It's like Islam is almost a denomination of Christianity with a different name. In essence, all belivers are the same. They accept things they don't really know as truth - faith. It's a big mistake. One should only accept what they know, and admit they don't know anything else. This opens tremendous possibilities for seeking and finding the truth. Faith shuts up doors for honest inquiry.

They are fundamentally different.

You may need to first understand how humans detect a truth, alternatively speaking how a truth can convey to each human individuals.

There are different types of truth. Let's start with science a bit. How do humans know the existence of black holes? 99.99% humans don't have the evidence. They don't rely on evidence to reach such a truth, or else our scientists will be busy in presenting the scientific details to each and every single humans. They somehow rely on faith in the scientists to get to this piece of truth. It's a process of human witnessing. Our scientists act as eyewitnesses for the rest of human kind to put faith in their accounts of testimonies. We can verify by ourselves though, as verifiability is the nature of science.

However not all types of truth are as verifiable as science, take history as an example. History mostly are unverifiable human testimonies. You can't verify if a historical figure actually said something 2000 years ago. You have to rely on faith to believe whether he did say what had been recorded down in a history book. What had been written in a history book are supposed to be ultimately information from eyewitnesses accounts for the rest of human kind to get to a historical truth.

Christianity is all about this same process of conveying a truth. All OT prophets are said to be eyewitnesses of God. The Bible is made up of testimonies ultimately from these multiple eyewitnesses accounts, portraying the same God and His deeds/speeches.

Islam doesn't follow this human witnessing process. Mohammed is not an eyewitness of God. Quran is not a multiple account testimony but from Mohammed alone. It's a hearsay from a self claimed angels. The Bible and Quran are completely different from the perspective of valid human witnessing!

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have read all your comments and enjoy your intellectual challenges. A lot of your threads address the same issue, so I chose this one on “faith”, but might have to address the others also.

Do you agree: “If you had knowledge of God’s existence you would not need “faith” in God’s existence”?

How would it really help you to “know” beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Christian God did exist? What major changes would this “knowledge” make in your life?

If God gave you personal knowledge of His existence, yet did not give that same knowledge to others, how would you feel about that and what would you do?

Is there an inherit danger with having knowledge (and I am talking about any knowledge on any subject)?

Does every mature adult on earth have the same resources and ability to achieve the same knowledge you have?

If God established the system with “faith” being the first step for the mature adult, then there would have to be some reason, so have you thought about what reason God might have for doing it that way?

As you pointed out, the lowliest mature adult on earth can have faith (trust) in a Benevolent Creator, so being asked to place our trust in God is really a humbling experience and almost belittling experience.

If the message is true than we must have humility to humbly accept God’s pure charity as charity, since it is charity, but what charity do we need?

When people do things that hurt others it weighs on their conscience until they find relief or become hardened. This is sin and the only true relieving of that burden comes from God as part of His wonderful charity. Trusting in God is not that hard, since a tree is evidence of His existence if the person accepts the evidence and you realize the need to trust in a benevolent God.

The goal is not to acknowledge God’s existence, worship Him like He would need it, or do all these tasks set before man, but to become like God Himself in that we have this unique unbelievable Godly type Love. This Love cannot be made instinctive to man (that would be robotic) nor can God force this Love on us (like a shotgun wedding with God holding the shotgun). It has to be part of a free will simple as can be choice. All we have to do is humbly accept and trust in God’s forgiveness and since Christ has taught us and you hopefully have seen in the world: “He who is forgiven much Loves much”. So, if we trust God to forgive, we will accept His charity of forgiveness of an unbelievable huge debt (created by our sins) and we will automatically obtain an unbelievable huge Love (Godly type Love).

God is not trying to “get” something from humans, but is just wanting to shower everyone with gifts, but since they are truly gifts, they must be accepted as a charitable undeserved gift or the transaction is not completed.

We can begin with that.

Upvote 0