Why evolution is so stupid

Garnett

Jan 10, 2006
✟16,110.00
Faith
Agnostic
TheLowlyTortoise said:
I was going to take this harshly/defensively. Then I realized I have since seperated myself from the Creationists. Though I still believe in creation, I no longer blindly refuse the ToE.

I have no idea what that makes me.

A Christian on here wrote something which even as a non-believer I thought sounded spot-on. It was something along the lines that God created the Bible but not to forget that He also created the rest of the universe. It doesn't make sense to try and bend the evidence from one part of his work to fit one possible interpretation of the other.

Just as He would want a Christian to study the Bible, He wouldn't want then to ignore the evidence in the rest of His work.

Personally I think He would be more pleased by those of His children who went out and explored His world and asked questions, far more than those who sat in the dark calling His name.

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Garnett said:
A Christian on here wrote something which even as a non-believer I thought sounded spot-on. It was something along the lines that God created the Bible but not to forget that He also created the rest of the universe. It doesn't make sense to try and bend the evidence from one part of his work to fit one possible interpretation of the other.

Just as He would want a Christian to study the Bible, He wouldn't want then to ignore the evidence in the rest of His work.

Personally I think He would be more pleased by those of His children who went out and explored His world and asked questions, far more than those who sat in the dark calling His name.

God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.
~Martin Luther

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was going to take this harshly/defensively. Then I realized I have since seperated myself from the Creationists. Though I still believe in creation, I no longer blindly refuse the ToE.

Worthy of a handshake I think.

Don't let anyone talk you out of creation (the idea that God created the world), but look closely at the idea of creationism (the idea that you can demonstrate using science that God created the world as litterally written in the bible).

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
TheLowlyTortoise said:

It makes you..YOU.

Like you, I'm a lover of God. I've come to appreciate the windows opened by the various sciences into into God's Creation and into how God Creates.

Upvote 0

OdwinOddball

Atheist Water Fowl
Jan 3, 2006
Birmingham, AL
✟22,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What it means is that you have begun to realize that even if the Bible was inspired by god, it was still written by a primitive, and often quite warlike, people some 2000+ years ago. That when it comes to Christian Spirituality, it is your guide book, but that when it comes to science, it is void of any actual information.

I think this would have you leaning towards Theistic Evolution. Though I do no agree with the Theistic part, at least TE's know and understand that science and not religion can tell us how things happened when it comes to our physical universe.

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
TheLowlyTortoise said:

It makes you many things.

It makes you open mined,
It makes you inquisitive,
It makes you strong enough in your faith not to hang it all on one literal interpretation of Genesis,
It makes you independently minded,
It makes you honest enough to admit that you are reconsidering certain things,
Because of all of the above it makes you worthy of respect,
and it might just possibly, by the sound of it, make you a Theistic Evolutionist. One who accepts evolution may have been the tool God used, and who believes in God.

Ghost

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums