Why Election based on foreseen faith isn't scriptural

Thistle

Jun 16, 2004
✟1,643.00
Faith
Christian
" If we are constantly questioning our state of grace on the criteria of the extent to which we've failed to "keep His commands," we're forgoing some of the joy that is our birth right as children of God. I think in this regard we should seek the state of mind that we are truly trusting that we are fully forgiven. And we should understand that our future sins are forgiven the same way our past ones were, which is by grace, through faith, on the ground of the cross work of Christ"

I'm not sure where we are going with this:

If you disagree with the words of mine you cite above we may be spinning our wheels.

But if you say future forgiveness of sin should be taken as all sins forgiven...once believed then one must address what it means to believe,

Believe in this context, is a synecdoche for all the elements of conversion which primarily consist of hearing, believing, repenting, confessing and being baptized. Note that with the exception of baptism every other element of conversion is continuous. So a Christian never exchanges of life of confessing Christ, for a life of denying Christ, for example.

but not to stop there, for we cannot ignore the scripture that tells us How sins are forgiven as we live on this earth. That is: if we walk in the Spirit we have fellowship with one another and the blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

The next verse says "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."
If you read this to mean we are constantly toggling in and out of a state of grace, I think you are missing his point. I would say repenting, which is putting God in charge of right and wrong in our lives, is just part of being a Christian. It's that Luke 18 attitude "God have mercy on me a sinner" exhibited by the man Jesus said went home justified.

It may be the same because it's all done in Jesus, However How sins continually are forgiven is through abiding, or living according to the call, working out our salvation, learning obedience, or as said walking in the footsteps of faith.

I guess I just have troubled with the notion of "learning obedience" is what it takes to stay saved. If being a Christian was a crime there ought to be enough evidence to get a conviction, but if we say grace plus effort equals salvation, I think we've taken a wrong turn.

Yes and we must check ourselves if we are walking according to truth...because
You really can't say you know Him unless you abide in Him.....

I accept this basic proposition depending on how you define things. Giving full weight to 1 John 1:8 for example.

You can't trust you are fully forgiven until you are truly forgiven...[its a true reality]

If God has promised to forgive our sins [Acts 2:38-39] can we rely on that promise? My answer to that question is, Yes!

The foundational truth is though that you can trust Jesus to forgive you when you walk by the Spirit....
Trust Jesus
The grace that saves is found [in Jesus]

Who can separate us from the love of Christ? That is a rhetorical question. No one can. That was Paul's point. I do differ with our Calvinist friends here, I don't think grace is a set of golden handcuffs. Through apostasy or neglect we could choose to leave, but that is very different from toggling out of grace on the ground of obedience to my mind.

1 tim 1:14
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

Also note
...that it is not that we can keep His commands by simply trying to keep his commands...We must be born again...
Being born again to me is a true reality
First the heart must be changed for you to keep the command to Love....

So then that tells us where our minds should stay fixed...so salvation as said before is not a one time event, it's a life..
It's Christ's life and we are in a state of deliverence as we remain in him.

If you are not born again or in Christ you've not converted. But "saved" in the past tense means conversion which is the salvation issue. Being "saved" in the present tense is a sanctification issue which is the work of the Holy Spirit in healing us from sin sickness, part of which has to do with obedience. "Saved" in the future tense has to do with the resurrection of the body and eternal reward.

We may not entirely come to agreement on this, but we do seem to have wondered from election, at least a little.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Believe in this context, is a synecdoche for all the elements of conversion which primarily consist of hearing, believing, repenting, confessing and being baptized. Note that with the exception of baptism every other element of conversion is continuous. So a Christian never exchanges of life of confessing Christ, for a life of denying Christ, for example.
Hi, I don't mind spinning as long as it leads to understanding and you don't mind....

Did Peter deny Christ after knowing who He was?
Should not our lips and heart agree?
So were you saved on your confession of faith, or profession?

Tell me in Galatians 2:16 which belief is it? That Justifies, and or which that saves?....for there are 2 parts...I suggest the kjv
The next verse says "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."
If you read this to mean we are constantly toggling in and out of a state of grace, I think you are missing his point. I would say repenting, which is putting God in charge of right and wrong in our lives, is just part of being a Christian. It's that Luke 18 attitude "God have mercy on me a sinner" exhibited by the man Jesus said went home justified
I am really missing something here...
So bare with me. I have not read that passage to say anything about toggling in an out of grace, however.

What does it mean to be in Christ to you?
Do you believe grace is just for forgiveness of sin?

If you stop feeding off of the one that gives grace....and feeding off the world.
Will you receive grace or would you have fallen from grace?

And to receive grace wouldn't you have to repent again?
And if you repent is that you doing it or someone else?
Somewhere something is not adding up..
I must be missing something you are believing
Who can separate us from the love of Christ? That is a rhetorical question. No one can. That was Paul's point. I do differ with our Calvinist friends here, I don't think grace is a set of golden handcuffs. Through apostasy or neglect we could choose to leave, but that is very different from toggling out of grace on the ground of obedience to my mind.
My point was...not that it is rhetorical
but the location...the love of God is in Christ...where grace..and more grace is found...
Therefore one remains/abides in His love through obedience. If one merely professes and understanding but does not continue in obeying are they abiding
In Christ's Love?

Now don't misunderstand...one obeys because they have been regenerated correct? If they have not been truly made alive can they obey or confess with the mouth. They may profess an understanding, but not owning up to the condition of their soul.
If you are not born again or in Christ you've not converted. But "saved" in the past tense means conversion which is the salvation issue. Being "saved" in the present tense is a sanctification issue which is the work of the Holy Spirit in healing us from sin sickness, part of which has to do with obedience. "Saved" in the future tense has to do with the resurrection of the body and eternal reward.
Ok, after you read Gal 2:16
Maybe you can see what I'm about to say let me know if you agree...
In EPHESIANS we are brought near to God...[that is part of salvation] because we were saved from the penalty of sin.
Now we are saved from its power by living in both aspect of the term living, by His life....another words obeying connects us to the Father. Obedience to the faith brings on a relationship were we share in the blessings...so the blessing of God are our salvation, they are are life. For eternal life is a relationship...but since regeneration comes first...through a hearty confidence in who Jesus is....the second phase one might say, is justification...[still part of salvation] where we are forgiven of sins....where now we can sanctify ourselves by the word through the Spirit....an ungoing relationship...
This is eternal life...

So then He saved us from being dead in sin,making us alive with Christ so we can live[be saved] ungoingly by Feeding off His life[obedience to His teachings]

So there are diff aspects to salvation
But to see it for its intended purpose which is to the Glorification of God in being used to bring the kingdom in
Is to the true essense...

So then to me it is not off the subject...because in order to Express How one is elected for salvation [transform to the image of His son]
Which is what we are elected in that sense for...then we may want to know the meaning of being in Christ in order to understand concerns of election.

Just as there is grace for forgiveness, there is also grace to be transformed to His image....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thistle

Jun 16, 2004
✟1,643.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, I don't mind spinning as long as it leads to understanding and you don't mind....

Did Peter deny Christ after knowing who He was?

Pontius Pilate knew who Jesus was. There were no Christians before Acts 2:41, including Peter. So there were no Christians when Peter denied Christ, and no church for them to be in, had there been any. No one had the Holy Spirit in the sense of the promise in Acts 2:38-39, where the Holy Spirit essentially changes his mailing address to our hearts. And that includes Acts 2:1-5, John 20:22 or any other passage you wish to mention! If you wish to invalidate my point the example needs to be later in time than Acts 2:41.

Should not our lips and heart agree?

My point here is much like pray without ceasing. Christians never stop confessing Jesus is the Son of God.

So were you saved on your confession of faith, or profession?

Colossians 2:12 suggests to me that the moment of salvation is baptism.

Tell me in Galatians 2:16 which belief is it? That Justifies, and or which that saves?....for there are 2 parts...I suggest the kjv

Yes, as Paul uses this language there are two systems of salvation. One is the law system. Under the law system of salvation all you need to do is perfectly live out the law that applies to you [see Luke 10:27-28], perpetually, cumulatively and without exception. However he also tells us no one can do that [Romans 3:23]. The other system he calls faith, or belief, or grace. Under that system we plead the finished work of Christ in which he took our punishment on the cross. But "faith" in Galatians 2:16 is a synecdoche for all the elements of conversion which primarily consist of hearing, believing, repenting, confessing and being baptized, just as I mentioned above.

I am really missing something here...
So bare with me. I have not read that passage to say anything about toggling in an out of grace, however.

What does it mean to be in Christ to you?

One way to look at it is that Christ gets to take everything that belongs to him to heaven with him. That includes me and it should include you. So the time for climbing into Jesus' luggage is now [John 18:9].

Do you believe grace is just for forgiveness of sin?

Not in the least. However, until people have a handle on the part about not being damned to hell, well in hand, it's hard for them to focus on other important things lie being conformed to the image of His Son.

If you stop feeding off of the one that gives grace....and feeding off the world.
Will you receive grace or would you have fallen from grace?

Boy I just like this question. There seems to be a number of passages that come to mind to drive this point home. Romans 6 and James 2 come to mind right away. Romans 6 seems to argue if you are truly alive in Christ why would you act like you are still dead in your sins. Where James seems to argue if you are really in possession of saving faith I should be able to observe it in your works, correct? I couldn't agree more.

And to receive grace wouldn't you have to repent again?
And if you repent is that you doing it or someone else?
Somewhere something is not adding up..
I must be missing something you are believing

Ah, I see where you are going here. A couple of passages come to mind Galatians 5:4 and Hebrews 4:4-6. I think the Galatians passage deals with someone exchanging the doctrine of salvation by grace for the doctrine of salvation by works. Paul tells us that the result of that exchange is falling from grace. We either plead the finish work of Christ, or we try to add some of our own works into the mix, when we stand before the Judge on the last day. The Hebrews passage is not very well translated into English. The point of it however, is this: as long as we are "crucifying again Christ" we can not be reconciled to God. The implication is however that if we are no longer "crucifying again Christ" then it strikes me that there is no impediment to reconciliation. To my mind both of these passages deal with extreme situations. Neither one of these would lead me to believe that Christians need to worry about toggling in and out of a state of grace as they follow the every day enterprise of living the Christian life.

My point was...not that it is rhetorical
but the location...the love of God is in Christ...where grace..and more grace is found...
Therefore one remains/abides in His love through obedience. If one merely professes and understanding but does not continue in obeying are they abiding
In Christ's Love?

I agree with the sum and substance of your point here. What I disagree with is that it's not rhetorical, or at least it should be rhetorical. As I mentioned above the bible makes this kind of argument in Romans 6 and James 2, and I take those to be rhetorical arguments too.

Now don't misunderstand...one obeys because they have been regenerated correct?

Correct.

If they have not been truly made alive can they obey or confess with the mouth. They may profess an understanding, but not owning up to the condition of their soul.

It seems to me your example here could describe two different situations. In one instance you could have someone who is not converted in heart who is simply trying to fool everyone. I can't hold any hope out for that person. On the other hand however, God takes all comers in whatever condition he finds them. It happens all the time that people gladly receive the good news, not fully appreciating just how much remodeling the Holy Spirit will have to do when He moves in. That is to be completely expected. It's the furthest thing from an indication that the person is not really saved.

Ok, after you read Gal 2:16
Maybe you can see what I'm about to say let me know if you agree...
In EPHESIANS we are brought near to God...[that is part of salvation] because we were saved from the penalty of sin.
Now we are saved from its power by living in both aspect of the term living, by His life....another words obeying connects us to the Father. Obedience to the faith brings on a relationship were we share in the blessings...so the blessing of God are our salvation, they are are life. For eternal life is a relationship...but since regeneration comes first...through a hearty confidence in who Jesus is....the second phase one might say, is justification...[still part of salvation] where we are forgiven of sins....where now we can sanctify ourselves by the word through the Spirit....an ungoing relationship...
This is eternal life...

So then He saved us from being dead in sin,making us alive with Christ so we can live[be saved] ungoingly by Feeding off His life[obedience to His teachings]

I think I largely agree with what you are saying here. Sin brings on a double curse, one is physical death, and the other is spiritual death. Thus baptism contains a double cure. Justification deals with the second death. Meanwhile, the Holy Spirit deals with our sin sickness. New converts need to be on notice, if they are not being cured of sin sickness, the reason is that they are fighting the great physician, the Holy Spirit. They have to give up that fight, and start cooperating with the Great Physicians prescriptions.

So there are diff aspects to salvation
But to see it for its intended purpose which is to the Glorification of God in being used to bring the kingdom in
Is to the true essense...

So then to me it is not off the subject...because in order to Express How one is elected for salvation [transform to the image of His son]
Which is what we are elected in that sense for...then we may want to know the meaning of being in Christ in order to understand concerns of election.

Just as there is grace for forgiveness, there is also grace to be transformed to His image....

I see your point. But I still maintain there is still a sense in which being saved in the sense of justification is not exactly the same as being saved in the sense of sanctification, although we agree that the two go hand in hand. Good conversation I enjoyed it.

God bless.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pontius Pilate knew who Jesus was. There were no Christians before Acts 2:41, including Peter. So there were no Christians when Peter denied Christ, and no church for them to be in, had there been any. No one had the Holy Spirit in the sense of the promise in Acts 2:38-39, where the Holy Spirit essentially changes his mailing address to our hearts. And that includes Acts 2:1-5, John 20:22 or any other passage you wish to mention! If you wish to invalidate my point the example needs to be later in time than Acts 2:41.
Why they need the Holy Spirit at that point, when they have Jesus in the flesh? Did not He say He would send another comforter. Pilot didn't have a relationship with Jesus. Peter had a relationship.
And Peter followed Jesus...Isn't that what they called people who followed Jesus, "Christians"? You telling me that the people who got touched by Jesus while He was in the flesh...didn't get their hearts changed? Doesn't scripture say the Law was until Christ?

My point here is much like pray without ceasing. Christians never stop confessing Jesus is the Son of God.
My point was..it was a statement expressing that what we speak should flow within our heart. Recall Jesus saying they confess me with their lips but their hearts are far from me.

Colossians 2:12 suggests to me that the moment of salvation is baptism.
What Baptism? Water?
Col 2:12 ....seems to be Expression
Of what happens when one is Baptized
Into Christ.
Which tks to God for bringing my mind here.....this is also an ideal to me about bringing heaven to earth...meaning what is already finished in Christ now has to be brought about in reality on earth...meaning earth at heavens door.
And that is truly a state of deliverence.
So I agree it is baptism that saves, but not actually water but belief [trusting]in Jesus Christ. Being in Christ is our Baptism.
The question is, is being in Christ a one time event? Especially since we are being taught to remain in Him..[in his love, in His teachings (obedience) ]
Therefore we are also being taught obedience unto death.
Now having said that we may understand the expression scripture:
If you confess with your mouth and believe in the heart.....therefore our salvation is Jesus's Baptism. And it's not just getting into Him upon belief, but remaining in Him.
For one, my point of Gal 2:16: they believed in Him in order to be Justified by the faith of Him.....
And my point in EPHESIANS 2 by one being first saved from their trespasses and sins....but now we must go on to how we continue to be saved from present sins. And that is through obedience [that then is what it means to me to confess with mouth and believe in heart as well] For it's continual as long as you heart and mouth add up...meaning
Something like James said faith without works is dead. Therefore people can lie when they say one thing but do another.
Yes, as Paul uses this language there are two systems of salvation. One is the law system. Under the law system of salvation all you need to do is perfectly live out the law that applies to you [see Luke 10:27-28], perpetually, cumulatively and without exception. However he also tells us no one can do that [Romans 3:23]. The other system he calls faith, or belief, or grace. Under that system we plead the finished work of Christ in which he took our punishment on the cross. But "faith" in Galatians 2:16 is a synecdoche for all the elements of conversion which primarily consist of hearing, believing, repenting, confessing and being baptized, just as I mentioned above.
First when what I meant about two types of salvation was that you can be saved from many different things by our God who is Salvation Himself. My thought was in Gal 2:16, "for they believed:[which is being saved from trespasses and sins]
In order that they might be "justified by faith"[the second salvational aspect]
You are saying it is the whole deal and maybe it is..but at this time having not read it....I will say, if we must confess our sins today then we must continually be, being made right with God. Isn't that why it is impossible to please God without faith?
It sounds again How heaven comes to earth [or rather is manifested on earth]
Having been justified by faith[could mean out of the faith, but I need to look it up]we have peace with God.
Do you always have peace with God?
or does your sins seperate you?
Here then is the saying [there is no condemnation for them who is in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but the Spirit]
Therefore His peace is our salvation too
Got to stop here...finished the rest of conversation on my trip driving across country with my spouse.

My point is, we know what we have when we walk in it. Your thought on the other hand is God did it all..and I believe He did it all and therefore there is no part I play on earth. Yet it is written in Hebrews to labor to enter into His Rest. For to me His rest is our salvation.....many people failed to enter the promise land and God had showed His works...today I believe that promise land Is Jesus. And there is more blessing found in Him....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thistle

Jun 16, 2004
✟1,643.00
Faith
Christian
Why they need the Holy Spirit at that point, when they have Jesus in the flesh? Did not He say He would send another comforter. Pilot didn't have a relationship with Jesus. Peter had a relationship.
And Peter followed Jesus...Isn't that what they called people who followed Jesus, "Christians"? You telling me that the people who got touched by Jesus while He was in the flesh...didn't get their hearts changed? Doesn't scripture say the Law was until Christ?

The issue, if we have one, and I'm not sure we do, is that you seemed to be objecting to my inclusion of confession as part of conversion, or what Christians do as a matter of course in living the Christian life. In that vain Peter's denial would not be a counter example, as being disciple or even an apostle before and after Acts 2:41 was qualitatively different. All of those promises, or at least a great many of them, that Jesus discussed regarding power from the Holy Spirit in John chapters 14 through 18 began to be fully realized from Acts 2:41 and there after.

My point was..it was a statement expressing that what we speak should flow within our heart. Recall Jesus saying they confess me with their lips but their hearts are far from me.

Jesus was citing Isaiah 29:13 against the Pharisees who criticized his disciples for not washing their hands. I guess my question is, what would it look like if someone lived out their confession that Jesus is the Christ and Lord insincerely? Insincerity rules out, living out your confession, at least to me. The Pharisees who Jesus directed that comment toward, they were denying Jesus. The "me" in Isaiah 29:13, we might say, from the Pharisees perspective was God the Father, although they would not have had a doctrine of the trinity to clarify the distinction.

What Baptism? Water?
Col 2:12 ....seems to be Expression
Of what happens when one is Baptized
Into Christ.

In the Christian era there is only one baptism [Ephesians 4:5], and it involves water [Acts 8:36-39].

Which tks to God for bringing my mind here.....this is also an ideal to me about bringing heaven to earth...meaning what is already finished in Christ now has to be brought about in reality on earth...meaning earth at heavens door.
And that is truly a state of deliverence.
So I agree it is baptism that saves, but not actually water but belief [trusting]in Jesus Christ. Being in Christ is our Baptism.

I think the English translations get this right, as Paul puts it we are saved BY grace, THROUGH faith, IN baptism [Ephesians 2:8-9, Colossians 2:12]. So baptism is not the means [grace], nor the conduit [faith], but it is the moment [baptism] of salvation. But there is only one literal baptism in the Christian era, and it does involve water as I pointed out above. Although the word is applied analogically in Acts 2:1-5 and Acts 10:44-46 at least implicitly, and rightfully so. But it's important to realize that an analogical application of a word is not the thing itself.

The question is, is being in Christ a one time event?

In the sense of conversion, it is.

Especially since we are being taught to remain in Him..[in his love, in His teachings (obedience) ]
Therefore we are also being taught obedience unto death.

But keeping our absolute obligation of obedience to God doesn't make us saved or keep us saved. In this respect we are no different from every denizen of hell. Every person who has ever drawn a breath has had, still has, and will ever have, this same absolute obligation to be obedient to all God's laws that apply.
They will burn for their failings, but we won't. That is what pleading the finished work of Christ is all about. Temporally, everyone would be better off to keep God's law whether your forwarding address is in heaven or hell, but unlike our condemned fellows, we have power to apply to the enterprise of keeping that law. So nothing about being saved can make my preexisting absolute obligation to keep God's law, any more absolute. Absolute is as far in that direction as you can go.

Now having said that we may understand the expression scripture:
If you confess with your mouth and believe in the heart.....therefore our salvation is Jesus's Baptism.

I'm not sure what "our salvation is Jesus's Baptism" actually means, as you write those words? If I said that, I would mean that when John baptized Jesus like the Levitical priest that he was, he transferred the sins of all mankind, past, present, and future to Jesus, like the Azazel goat, to be released into the wilderness, then to be carried through Jesus ministry, and to finally be nailed on the cross. But I'm not sure that is what you mean.

And it's not just getting into Him upon belief, but remaining in Him.

It seems to me that you've taken the notion that God will not make grace a golden prison, and you've converted that notion into the Christian life becoming an obstacle course.

For one, my point of Gal 2:16: they believed in Him in order to be Justified by the faith of Him.....
And my point in EPHESIANS 2 by one being first saved from their trespasses and sins....but now we must go on to how we continue to be saved from present sins.

Being saved from the judicial consequences of our sins is entering a plea. This is it: regarding my sins, I plead the finish work of Christ on the cross. As long as we are breathing we could withdraw our plea, and change it to go ahead and judge me on my record because after all, fair is fair, sadly some people have done that. But why? There is still only going to be one judgement day. There are only two lines. There is the FAIR line, and the GRACE line. The people who chose the FAIR line are all going to hell. The one thing that GRACE is not, it's not fair. Jesus kept 100% of the law, and took 100% of everyone's penalty. The equivalent of eternity in hell for every man woman and child who would ever live. You can hardly get less fair than that. But that is why it's called grace.

And that is through obedience [that then is what it means to me to confess with mouth and believe in heart as well] For it's continual as long as you heart and mouth add up...meaning
Something like James said faith without works is dead. Therefore people can lie when they say one thing but do another.

" . . . continu[ing] to be saved from present sins," is an entirely different meaning of the term "saved." This is like comparing Christianity to every other religion, world view or philosophy in the world. Every world view is trying to save the proselyte from something. But whatever that fate might be, the solution is always the same. It's "works." When we are being "saved" from disobedience, by the Holy Spirit, in the processe we generally call sanctification, that is very much like the promises of other religions, world views, philosophies and so on. The difference is, the power of the Holy Spirit is real and he actually can cure us of sin sickness. But this does not keep us saved. It makes us the kind of person who would be happy in heaven. What ever healing the Spirit accomplishes before we draw our last breath, he will finish before we enter the gates of heaven.

First when what I meant about two types of salvation was that you can be saved from many different things by our God who is Salvation Himself. My thought was in Gal 2:16, "for they believed:[which is being saved from trespasses and sins]
In order that they might be "justified by faith"[the second salvational aspect]
You are saying it is the whole deal and maybe it is..but at this time having not read it....I will say, if we must confess our sins today then we must continually be, being made right with God. Isn't that why it is impossible to please God without faith?
It sounds again How heaven comes to earth [or rather is manifested on earth]
Having been justified by faith[could mean out of the faith, but I need to look it up]we have peace with God.

Well, when you read 1 John in context, it can only be understood hyperbolically, for lack of a better term. First he says you no longer sin, but then he says, but when you do sin. If we no longer sin, there is no case when we do sin. So we have to factor that in when we come to 1 John 1:9. He is not saying that when we sin the plea we entered when we converted is no longer valid, until we confess this new sin to add it to the probation arrangement. What he is saying in my judgement is we can't leave off that attitude of repentance we had when we first came to Christ. That "God have mercy on me a sinner" attitude.

Do you always have peace with God?

No, nor should I. God is constantly pointing out what is wrong with me. That is how we are conformed to the image of his Son.

or does your sins seperate you?

I try not to anthropomorphize sin. When I sin I'm separating myself from God. I'm like the child who closes his eyes and thinks that no one can see him. God is not a wit further away. But I've created this space in my perception, which is less distressful than, considering the pain it must cause God. That is exactly why we can't forget the "God have mercy on me a sinner" attitude. It puts us back on the treatment for our sin sickness.

Here then is the saying [there is no condemnation for them who is in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but the Spirit]
Therefore His peace is our salvation too
Got to stop here...finished the rest of conversation on my trip driving across country with my spouse.

Travel safely I'll remember you and your wife in my prayers.

My point is, we know what we have when we walk in it. Your thought on the other hand is God did it all..and I believe He did it all and therefore there is no part I play on earth. Yet it is written in Hebrews to labor to enter into His Rest. For to me His rest is our salvation.....many people failed to enter the promise land and God had showed His works...today I believe that promise land Is Jesus. And there is more blessing found in Him....

Yes, we should talk more of that Hebrews 4 passage next time. God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0