why dont you christians like mormons

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
brain damage,
That is true.
But many times, what comes out of the mouth is contrary to one's actions.

Notice Titus 1:16:

(Titus 1:16) They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort.

This is true of the churches (worshipers of the trinity god)......they preach peace and love on Sunday....and then encourage military action amongst their flocks as in the case of the American Civil War. (Terrible. )

Sincerely, Lared

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Ahh, yes, doctrinal re-write. The key to Mormonism still existing legally ("God [and the federal government] has now condemned polygamy, therefore the Mormon chirch no longer supports it [openly]). Or the always popular "caffeine is evil....unless you drink the soda that the Mormon church now owns stock in...." The statements about blatant racism in the Mormon church are true, and thanks to their chameleon abilities, the Mormons have been able to stifle this bit of doctrinal teaching in order to stay afloat. It's one thing to change by-laws through majority counsel vote, but adjusting doctrine to fit conventional norm is pathetic.

I live in the midst of Mormon country, and have many good friends who are Mormon. They are good people, and I love them, but I cannot approve of what they believe.

Lared, brain damaged is right; as long as a religion's doctrine supports Biblical and Christ-like teachings, they cannot be held responsible for straying of the people in their congregation. If the Baptist church had a doctrinal statement condoning slavery and then changed it after the Gettysburg Address, then you would have a valid argument. Since they didn't, and no such change occured, you cannot compare them to Mormons.

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
I live in the midst of Mormon country, and have many good friends who are Mormon. They are good people, and I love them, but I cannot approve of what they believe.

The problem for Mormons as it is for many Christians, they really haven't study the doctrines on which their faith was based nor studied the writings of their founders. They simple believe in the good feeling of their congregations.

If you talk to a Mormon who really knows his beliefs; and he/she will tell you that multiple wives is still a basic doctrine, but it is only because of the world that Mormons live in, that they are forced not to practice their beliefs. This doctrine was never removed.

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Caleb
One of the essential doctrines of mainstream Christianity is that Jesus is not only the Son of God but is God. Mormons don't believe Jesus is God but only the Son of God. This is a big difference in their theology and ours.

There are a lot of christians who are not mormons who believe that jesus is the son of God and not God himself .

Upvote 0

Zyon

I am FEMALE!!!
Feb 1, 2003
Australia
Visit site
✟15,298.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry, I have to add my two cents in.
The problem for Mormons as it is for many Christians, they really haven't study the doctrines on which their faith was based nor studied the writings of their founders. They simple believe in the good feeling of their congregations.

And what is wrong with that. I've learned to trust my instincts. Which I believe is the Spirit telling me which path to take.

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
And what is wrong with that. I've learned to trust my instincts. Which I believe is the Spirit telling me which path to take.

Your instincts? what are the source of your instinct? you? the Holy Spirit? or maybe a side pitch from old Satan? Either way; the Holy Spirit will not give you any "instinct" that goes against scripture.

What is your faith based on? What do you believe? Is it all based on the good feeling that you see and experience with other Christians? While good feelings may be a by-product, they are not the foundation on which one's faith should be based.

1 CO 4:6
Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Originally posted by Brain Damage
Thanks for sharing that Lared&nbsp;&nbsp; :)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm not surprised .

I sometimes wonder who makes the rules for so called "Essential Doctrines" for christendom .&nbsp;&nbsp;

I think it's a numbers game...the majority rules .

&nbsp;

&nbsp;No. The Bible is Christian doctrine. Anything else is being made up.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
lared said this in Post #67
Brain damage,

That is true.

There is an amazing number of church attenders that do not believe that Jesus is Almighty God.

I asked one young Presbyterian lady who graduated from a top university....what the trinity was. ----------And she said, yes...isn't that a college somewhere?!

Sincerely, Lared

I think that criticism&nbsp;is in danger of&nbsp;being flippant. One must always remember that Christ is God only by virtue of being possessed&nbsp;of the fulness of the Father, and not by definition, as the Father himself. There is always a clear distinction between Jesus and the Father in the NT, and people are quite within their rights to&nbsp;decline to confuse the Father and the Son&nbsp;through the use of ambiguous language. Paul was&nbsp;very insistent indeed in not confusing the Father and the Son,&nbsp;for nowhere in any of his epistles does he refer to Jesus as Almighty God, though he does confess Christ to have the nature/form of God.&nbsp;

I get the distinct impression that Thomas Aquinas was a very likely candidate for excommunication from the Pauline church.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cardinal_James

So This Is Where The Masses Get Their Opiates . .
Sorry, but i had to respond to the post about mormons baptizing after death. It's&nbsp;known as baptizum by proxy.&nbsp;

Yes, mormons are crazy, and if the fact that they baptize people after their deaths isn't ludicrous enough, then check out&nbsp;list of the people that they have decided to "save";

1.Anne Frank (postergirl for the holocaust)

2.Adolf Hitler (he's all theirs)

3.Saint Joan of Ark (yeah, i'm sure she would want to be mormon)

4.Ba'al Shem Tov (the founder of the Hasidic Jewish movement, is nothing sacred?)

Yep, see for yourself, they are nuts!

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I borrowed two mormon missionaries a quarter this morning. They live next door to me. I don't have a problem with the missionaries living there now, but the ones before them drove me nuts. One of the ladies would come over for some trivial reason, and basically invite herself in to tell us all about her beliefs. My boyfriend and I tried to tell her that we are Christians, but no, she wouldn't listen to us...just kept on yapping. Before she moved out, she said goodbye to my boyfriend and then added "you know you and your girlfriend are sinning right." Now, I'm sorry but my boyfriend and I are very aware of our actions and the consequences they may hold, and I don't think that she or anyone else for that matter has the right to say something like that without knowing anything about us or our religion.

I do agree with most of you that the Mormon church can be misleading by making people think it is christianity when they talk about it. My best friend got baptized mormon last year (no longer practicing) but she thought it was Christianity. This is mostly her fault for not looking into it, but it wouldn't hurt if the Mormon Missionaries actually told her what she was getting into. I know in the catholic church you have to be very informed of the beliefs before you are confirmed...I'm not sure why they wouldn't require that in the mormon church unless they were trying to mislead people.

Upvote 0