Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think anyone hates the Mormons.  It's only the Doctrine, because it is not Biblical, that Christians may "hate".  Please read the articles below..... 

Mormonism teaches that God used to be a man on another world and that he became a god by following the laws and ordinances of his god on his home world. In his present god-state, he rules our world. He has a body of flesh and bones and, according to Mormonism, he has a wife, a goddess wife. Since they are both exalted persons, they each possess physical bodies. In their exalted states as deities, they produce spirit children that grow and mature in the spiritual realm. The first spirit born was Jesus. Afterwards were born the devil and all other spirit creatures. After the spirit children are born to god and his goddess wife in heaven, they come down and entered into the bodies of human babies that are being born on earth. During this ‘compression' into the infant state, the memories of their pre-existence is 'veiled.' All people were, according to Mormonism, born in heaven first and then on earth where they are to grow, learn, and return to god.
      God the father, who is called Elohim, was concerned for the future salvation of the people on earth. In the heavenly realm, the Father had a plan for the salvation of the world. Jesus endorsed the Father's plan. Lucifer did not. Lucifer became jealous and rebelled. In his rebellion he convinced a large portion of the spirits existing in heaven to side with him and oppose god. God being more powerful then they, cursed these rebellious spirits to become demons.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The remaining spirits sided with God.&nbsp; Since they chose the better way, when it comes time for them to live on earth, they have the privilege of being born in races and locations that are relative to their condition and choice made in the spirit realm.<SUP><SUP>1</SUP></SUP>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In the Mormon plan of salvation there needed to be a savior: Jesus. But Jesus was a spirit in heaven. For him to be born on earth, Brigham Young the second prophet of the Mormon church said that instead of letting any other man do it, God the Father did it with Mary. He said that the birth of our savior was as natural as the birth of our parents. Essentially, what this means is that god the father came down and had sexual relations with Mary, his spirit daughter, to produce the body of Jesus. Jesus, then, was born, got married, and had children.<SUP>2</SUP> He died on the cross and paid for sins not on the cross only, but in the garden of Gethsemane before he went to the cross.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mormon men and women have the potential of becoming gods. President Lorenzo Snow said, "As god once was, man is. As God is, man may become." In order to reach this exalted state a person must first become a good Mormon, pay a full ten percent tithe to the Mormon church, follow various laws and ordinances of the church, and be found worthy.&nbsp; Afterwards, he or she can enter a Mormon temple and go through secret rituals: baptism for the dead, celestial marriage, and various oaths of secrecy and commitment. Additionally, four secret handshakes are taught so the believing Mormon, upon entering the third level of Mormon heaven, can shake hands with god in a certain pattern. This celestial ritual is for the purpose of permitting entrance into that level of heaven.
<SUP>3</SUP>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; For those who achieve this highest of heavens, exaltation to godhood awaits them. Then, he or she, will be permitted to have his or her own planet and be the god of his own world and the Mormon system will be expanded to other planets.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 454px; HEIGHT: 50237px" height=50237 cellSpacing=4 width=454>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD width=594 colSpan=2 height=261>The doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) are very interesting. Most of the 'odd' ones are not initially taught to potential converts. But they should be. Instead, "they are are revealed later as one matures and gains the ability to accept them."&nbsp; The LDS Church tries to make its official doctrines appear Christian but what underlies those Christian sounding terms is far from Christian in meaning.&nbsp;

Following are the teachings of its officials throughout the years.&nbsp; Please note that these teachings are documented from Mormon writers, not anti-Mormon writers.&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Finally, many Mormons respond that most of the the citations below are not from official Mormon writings, as if that disproves the doctrines they teach.&nbsp; If they are not official, fine.&nbsp; But, if not, then why have the Mormon apostles and high officials taught them, written them, and why are their books sold in Mormon bookstores?&nbsp; The truth is, the following is what Mormons are taught.&nbsp;
&nbsp;</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=50></TD>

<TD width=570 height=50>The true gospel was lost from the earth. Mormonism is its restoration, <I>Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce R. McConkie, p. 635.</I>

They teach there was an apostasy and the true church ceased to exist on earth.</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=34>&nbsp;</TD>

<TD width=570 height=34>We need prophets today, the same as in the Old Testament, <I>Mormon Doctrine, p. 606.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=18></TD>

<TD width=570 height=18>The book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, <I>History of the Church, 4:461.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=66></TD>

<TD width=570 height=66>If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation.&nbsp; There is no salvation [the context is the full gospel including exaltation to Godhood] outside the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, <I>Mormon Doctrine, p. 670</I></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>There are many gods, <I>Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.</I></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>There is a mother god, Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443. </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=50>God used to be a man on another planet, Mormon Doctrine, p. 321.&nbsp; Joseph Smith,&nbsp; Times and Seasons, Vol 5, pp. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol 2, p. 345, Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=34></TD>

<TD width=570 height=34>After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, <I>Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 345-347, 354.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=50>God the Father had a Father, Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476; Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 19; Milton Hunter, First Council of the Seventy, Gospel through the Ages, p. 104-105</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>God resides near a star called Kolob, Pearl of Great Price, pages 34-35; Mormon Doctrine, p. 428.</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>God the Father has a body of flesh and bones, <I>Doctrine and Covenants, 130:22.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>God is in the form of a man, <I>Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 6, p. 3.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children, <I>Mormon Doctrine p. 516.</I></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>We were first begotten as spirit children in heaven and then born naturally on earth, <I>Journal of Discourse, Vol. 4, p. 218.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, <I>Mormon Doctrine, page 129</I></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence," <I>Mormon Doctrine, page 192.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, <I>Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=82></TD>

<TD width=570 height=82>A plan of salvation was needed for the people of earth so Jesus offered a plan to the father and Satan offered a plan to the father but Jesus' plan was accepted. In effect the Devil wanted to be the Savior of all Mankind and to "deny men their agency and to dethrone god." <I>Mormon Doctrine, page 193; Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, page 8.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=66>God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus, <I>Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, p. 218, 1857; vol. 8, p. 115. - </I>This one is disputed among many Mormons and not always 'officially' taught and believed.&nbsp; Nevertheless, Young, the 2nd prophet of the Mormon church taught it</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>[Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), <I>Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 247, 1856.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=18>Good works are necessary for salvation, <I>Articles of Faith, p. 92.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God, <I>Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 188.</I> </TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=66>Baptism for the dead, <I>Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. II, p. 141.</I> This is a practice of baptizing each other in place of non-Mormons who are now dead. Their belief is that in the afterlife, the "newly baptized" person will be able to enter into a higher level of Mormon heaven</TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>There are three levels of heaven: telestial, terrestrial, and celestial, <I>Mormon Doctrine, p. 348.</I></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD width=570 height=34>The Holy Ghost is a male personage,<I> A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, by Le Grand Richards, Salt Lake City, 1956, page 118; Journal of Discources, Vol. 5, page 179</I></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 height=21></TD>

<TD width=570 height=21></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=594 colSpan=2 height=50>Some Mormons may disagree with a few of the points listed on this page, but all of what is stated here is from Mormon authors in good standing of the Mormon church.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stop The Presses!!!

Mormon baptism after death??? What the heck is that all about? It sounds like they are cooking the books there to make themselves look bigger than they really are. If in fact they are the fastest growing religion, it doesn't take a book keeper to see how they are getting their numbers.

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by mooseboy84
well why dont you?

Eph writes...

I LOVE Mormons...!!

...Where I have problems is with their DOCTRINE...not them...They are just in need of proper teaching on Biblical Truths...

See ....let me be on the level with you...I believe that there are ONLY 2 kinds of people in this world..THOSE who have Jesus Christ...and those that don't...THATS it...!

Those that have their sins forgiven and those that don't...ect ect

I'm no better than them..I'm just forgiven...MY job is to get the Gosple to them...like someone who came before ME...got the Gosple to me...!

Now it's MY job now to continue that work..It's on ME...It's my job to "pick up the flag" and go forward....TILL someone who has been taught..takes it from me when I'm gone...and picks it up and goes forward..!

Like an unbroken chain thru time itself...generation to generation...hand to hand...!

....Once a person is pulled into the "lifeboat" called Jesus Christ..their NOT to point fingers at those still in the water...Their to help pull others into the rescue boat....

WE pull in those people...that are IN the same condition that WE were in...till someone pulled US into the boat...!

See what I mean...It's literally a RESCUE MISSION we're on...!

So those folks still in the water...only need to be grabbed before they go under...and THATS what I'm here for...!

I'm just another "Grabber for Jesus"..thankful that someone thought enough to reach out and grab for me...!

:clap:

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by lared
I am a Christian. I like Mormons.
I appreciate opportunities to reason from the scriptures with them.
I would not seek out friendship on a social level with them as they are part of this world and involve themselves politically and militarilly.

Eph writes...

I served this GREAT Nation and gave 4 years of my life to her defense in the military...because IT is WORTH something...

This Nation ( in spite of it's faults )...Is a becon to the World..and a Light to the Nations...

....We as Christians...can still freely preach the TRUE Gosple of Jesus Christ to all nations...sowing for the Lord....and for just that alone..it is worth protecting..Even those who live under her wings of freedom..but don't appreciate it...!

Remember Lared...Daniel lived in Babylon but didn't mix himself with the "evildoer's" that lived there...Christians shouldn't confuse the evils they see in THIS nation done by some.....with the GOOD for the Lord that is done around the world in teaching and preaching freely...!

....God has and WILL bless this this Great Land..till the Lord comes to Rapture his church....!

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Ephriam,

Remember that soon God will destroy ALL man-made governments and then only God's kingdom will rule over the earth.

(Daniel 2:44) "And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

I respect and honor the country I live in. (Who said I live in the United States?)

However, I owe my allegiance not to a flag or a nation but to God Almighty himself.

Perhaps you may want to share your message about your great government with American Indians who have been ethnically cleansed and now live in confined wastelands. I am sure they will appreciate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Hmm...I'd agree with onsolidrock, their teachings are not christian, thus the problem. I know a few mormans and think that, in just like any relgion, can be good people, BUT just like other relgions I believe their teachings are not correct according to the bible. Mormans don't have the essential christian docterine.

Upvote 0
&nbsp;:confused: i read that mormons believe that god lives on a different planet w/1000's of wives that he has "spirit babies" w/. the spirit babies come down 2 earth as human babies. if they're good spirit babies they come down w/white skin. if they're bad they come down w/black, brown, yellow, or red skin, black being worst...is this really what mormons believe? can some1 clue me in? this sounds horribly racist and ridiculous.... :eek:

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by ConservativeGrrl6000
&nbsp;:confused: i read that mormons believe that god lives on a different planet w/1000's of wives that he has "spirit babies" w/. the spirit babies come down 2 earth as human babies. if they're good spirit babies they come down w/white skin. if they're bad they come down w/black, brown, yellow, or red skin, black being worst...is this really what mormons believe? can some1 clue me in? this sounds horribly racist and ridiculous.... :eek:

The problem with the Morman Faith is that their doctrine goes through re-writes over the years. The comment you made is clearly addressed in Mormon doctrine over the yearly years, but it is no longer PC. The Morman religion is slowly attempting to be and look more like the Chrisitian faith, by dropping and adding doctrines. For example 30 years ago, Jesus Christ was a small character and Joseph Smith was the Big Character highlighted in Morman Temple. Now Jesus Christ has been elevated to the top position.

Lets give them credit they're learning :rolleyes:

&nbsp;&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Katya

Apr 17, 2002
Melbourne
Visit site
✟15,662.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
i read that mormons believe that god lives on a different planet w/1000's of wives that he has "spirit babies" w/. the spirit babies come down 2 earth as human babies. if they're good spirit babies they come down w/white skin. if they're bad they come down w/black, brown, yellow, or red skin, black being worst...is this really what mormons believe? can some1 clue me in? this sounds horribly racist and ridiculous....

Whoa, where did that come from. No we don't believe that. Especially that part about skin colour. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
If I anything to do with the negro, I would confine them by strict law to their own species . .
Joseph Smith, Jr. (1843)
Founder, Mormon Church

According to Mormon belief's, everyone's place in this world is determined by their conduct in the pre-mortal world. Joseph Smith's Book of Abraham talks about those who lived in the pre-existent realm as God's spirit children.

There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient, more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in things there received greater blessing here, and those who were not faithful received less
Tenth LDS President - Joseph Fielding Smith

The Negro is an unfortunate man. He has been given black skin. But that is as nothing compared with the greater handicap that he is not permitted to receive the Priesthood and the ordinances of the temple. necessary to prepare men and woman to enter into and enjoy a fullness of glory in the celestial kongdom (that is godhood)
Mormon Elder - George F. Richards

These viewpoints are no longer Politically Correct, so the wise Morman management has quietly over the years stop "promoting" them, but they are still part of Joseph Smith's orginal religion. And well documented in the BOM, Doctines, Speeches, and writings.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Yes,.....and what about the Presbyterians, Baptists, and Methodists who bought, owned, and worked slaves.

Then to top it off, they fought, wounded, and killed their fellow Presbyterians, Baptists, and Methodists who lived in 'up north'. So that they could hold onto their slaves, and continue to grow rich.

How disgusting. And these were and are worshippers of the trinity god.

Travel through the South, and the churches are still segregated.

Sincerely, Lared

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Yes,.....and what about the Presbyterians, Baptists, and Methodists who bought, owned, and worked slaves.

How very true, but one is the actions of men while the other are the stated doctrines and beliefs of the Founder of a Religion. Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity never made such statements, yet in Joseph Smith's religion Joseph Smith did.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
I am not defending Mormons. I am not a Mormon.

But only stating an historical fact.

Jesus said you will recognize my disciples by the love they have amongst themselves. Certainly, these three groups, failed the test.

Jesus said by their fruits (actions) you will know if a tree is rotten.

I would be more afraid of the actions of those three groups then the statement of the one.

Sincerely, Lared

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by lared
I am not defending Mormons. I am not a Mormon.

But only stating an historical fact.

Jesus said you will recognize my disciples by the love they have amongst themselves. Certainly, these three groups, failed the test.

Jesus said by their fruits (actions) you will know if a tree is rotten.

I would be more afraid of the actions of those three groups then the statement of the one.

Sincerely, Lared

&nbsp;

Yes and not only actions lared...but what comes out of the mouth of a person&nbsp; :

&nbsp;

Matthew 12

<SUP>33</SUP>"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. <SUP>34</SUP>You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. <SUP>35</SUP>The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Upvote 0