user385

Oct 8, 2016
New York City
✟36,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why don't people talk with strangers more often?
It seems like many people especially adults below age 35 usually do not say hello to or make eye contact with strangers.
Do you think most people are too shy or that they think the strangers they could say hello to would not want to talk with them?
Do you think people want to talk with people but they are too afraid?
Why are they willing to be so lonely when all they have to do is talk to people? It seems like there are a lot of lonely people who are very miserable.
What is the protocol that one is expected to follow when talking to an adult stranger of the opposite sex and when talking to an adult stranger of the same sex?
Where do you go to make friends with people and what is the first thing you say to a stranger?
Do you say hello to everyone you pass when going on a walk and how do you decide whether to say hello? What do you say to the people you talk to?

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It seems like many people especially adults below age 35 usually do not say hello to or make eye contact with strangers.
Do you think most people are too shy or that they think the strangers they could say hello to would not want to talk with them?
Why are they willing to be so lonely when all they have to do is talk to people? It seems like there are a lot of lonely people who are very miserable.
What is the protocol that one is expected to follow when talking to an adult stranger of the opposite sex and when talking to an adult stranger of the same sex?
Where do you go to make friends with people and what is the first thing you say to a stranger?
Do you say hello to everyone you pass when going on a walk and how do you decide whether to say hello? What do you say to the people you talk to?

Where do you live??

This all depends on where you live.

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Have you seen how people have become - or, rather, what people have shown themselves to be?

I am, personally, completely fine without human contact. In fact, I try to stay away from people physically.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It really depends on the part of the country or region. Women greeting men in public might be huge no-no in some parts of the world.
Where my parents live in Texas, people that they don't know will greet them. In NYC, looking at someone too long on the street might be a bad idea.

Upvote 0

user385

Oct 8, 2016
New York City
✟36,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you seen how people have become - or, rather, what people have shown themselves to be?

I am, personally, completely fine without human contact. In fact, I try to stay away from people physically.
You do not like to talk with people at all or just not with strangers? At some point everyone needs to socialize.

Upvote 0

Emily Foster

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟22,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I usually like to say hello when I make an eye contact with someone. But I feel most people don’t talk to strangers because they’re afraid they’re not accepted or greeted back in a nice way. Some people are very busy and just don’t care.

• Informative
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I live in the suburbs of a large city in the southern United States

There you go

I live in a small town in New Mexico and most people here talk to every one, even strangers.

Unless your in Roswell where all the ufo stuff is then no one will talk to you, Roswell kind of stuck up. lol, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
In this country you might be stabbed if you stare at people more than 5 seconds.

wow, you need to spread the Christian faith to every one where you live my brother. spread the love.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I live in a small town in the mountains. We greet one another when we meet. People are valuable! The greeting might be a tip of one's hat, a smile, a "Mornin'" or just a nodding of the head, but we do usually acknowledge one anther in some way. Often, especially when we know the person, we stop and chat about the weather or whatever. "Everyone knows everyone else in a small town" and "Everyone knows everyone else's business in a small town" are two sayings I can think of that apply or come to my mind on this subject!

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I live 20 minutes from a small ( pop 350 ) town. I have no neighbors within a mile, so when I go to town, I talk to everyone I see, if I know them or not. Along the way, if I do happen to meet a vehicle, it's common to do a small wave or head nod.
In high school, I was so shy my voice would almost crack, but you sure wouldn't know it now. Life is too short, and I'm at such a joyful time in life now, I try to share my happiness with others, whether they want to or not.

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Simple one word answer: fear

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do u also try to share ur bread?

Sure do, just paid for a few groceries for a couple who looked like they needed help the other day :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0