Why don't Muslim refugees go to Muslim countries???

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ah, you'd like the entire region to collapse instead of just one country?
If that is what I wanted, that is what I would have said.
Go ahead and put words in my mouth though, if it makes your argument easier for you.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If that is what I wanted, that is what I would have said.
Go ahead and put words in my mouth though, if it makes your argument easier for you.

Well cramming all the refugees from one unstable country into five or six other not terribly stable countries will have that effect, so it's not really a matter of your desires.

Also, once those countries become overwhelmed the refugees just sort of trickle through anyway so it's not a matter of choice either.

Why should Turkey care that it's borders are a gateway into Europe for instance, if that alleviates some of their problems?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Where did you get this info from? I mean, if you look at Christendom, everybody has his unique understanding of God, the cross, Jesus etc. Just take a look around in this forum: People are different in Christendom.
But you claim that Muslims, who are created by the same creator, do all follow one big master plan? How credible is this?

God bless

How many Muslims are there? It only takes a small percentage of them to be a massive invasion force.

The problem is, why do the governments not see it? They do. They're counting on it.
Europe Should Be Happy That Muslims Are Invading Because They Wanted A Muslim Invasion And That Is What They Are Getting
Man tipped to be the next Pope claims Muslims are trying to conquer Europe

Upvote 0

tonnerkiller

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
✟12,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How many Muslims are there? It only takes a small percentage of them to be a massive invasion force.

The problem is, why do the governments not see it? They do. They're counting on it.
Europe Should Be Happy That Muslims Are Invading Because They Wanted A Muslim Invasion And That Is What They Are Getting
Man tipped to be the next Pope claims Muslims are trying to conquer Europe
Is there a reason why you come up with something completely different instead of answering my question?

By the way, there are Christian refugees, there are Hindus, there are Yesidis... why does no one speak of a Christian invasion. Of course, their percentage is smaller, but didn't you just say it only takes a small percentage?

God bless

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what do you mean by "common sense"? The surge of Trump support from far right white nationalists seems to be precisely what the recent election reflects.

-CryptoLutheran

Actually the big takeaway from the election is the forethought of the founders regarding senseless mob rule (pure democracy) and the institution of the electoral college.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. I've seen a number of Syrian refugees.

They seem to be doing and integrating quite well. Many of them end up having work and productive lives in Saudi.

So why won't they go there instead. The Muslim culture means they don't have to adapt and they'll be quite familiar with the culture and the Arabic language, and they'll be able to more freely practice their religion there and they won't have to complain about women not wearing burqas or women boss, etc.

If they don't like Saudi, there are more progressive Muslim countries like UAE or Oman or Qatar, or Bahrain or Morocco or Egypt.

I mean c'mon, why rush to Europe or other Western nations and then complain about the Western Culture?? Why did you go there in the first place if you don't like its policies??? It doesn't make sense!!

My guess would be that the majority of these refugees are actually seeking refuge from radical islamists. Fundamentalist islamism is basically the actual form of government in SA.

Would you seek "refuge" there? I sure wouldn't.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My guess would be that the majority of these refugees are actually seeking refuge from radical islamists. Fundamentalist islamism is basically the actual form of government in SA.

The birth of the Saudi Arabian nation (Saud Empire) actually began in a very similar fashion the ISIS is doing today -- forced conversions, violence, acts of terror, etc.

Would you seek "refuge" there? I sure wouldn't.

Still many Syrian refugees end up there and eventually find work and settle.

Many are actually settling in the less fundamentalist regions/cities outside of Riyadh and their "holy cities"

I worked in Jeddah City which is much less strict than the capital city of Riyadh. We get away with many things there what would get us in trouble in Riyadh city and even the cops are much more friendly.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many are actually settling in the less fundamentalist regions/cities outside of Riyadh and their "holy cities"

I worked in Jeddah City which is much less strict than the capital city of Riyadh. We get away with many things there what would get us in trouble in Riyadh city and even the cops are much more friendly.

Sure.
Still, if given the choice between a western city or "the less strict" SA regions - I'ld have no doubts.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What if all the refugees from continental Europe stopped in England? What would the USA look like today? And what would have happened to the British Empire?
A home where the buffalo roam, maybe.
Or maybe China or the ME. History doesn't just stop when Europeans opt out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Somehow, this is true. For example the Shia Muslims in Syria and most of the rich Gulf countries are Sunni Muslims.

But the point is, even Shia Muslims don't cause any trouble in Sunni Muslim countries. They integrate just fine. Still way better than trying to integrate to Western Culture.
How many of them flee to Iran?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How many of them flee to Iran?

I have no idea, I've not been to Iran but it's possible many went there (same Shia Muslim).

I saw droves of them in Jeddah, Saudi at the airport. My co-workers who work at the airport, keep seeing lots of them arriving everyday in the last three years. Saudi is actually a very nice option because of the tons of jobs waiting for them (their ability to speak and write Arabic as their native language and simply for being Muslim). Particularly the city of Jeddah as it is not as uptight as the rest of Saudi.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,562.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. I've seen a number of Syrian refugees.

They seem to be doing and integrating quite well. Many of them end up having work and productive lives in Saudi.

So why won't they go there instead.

(Waring: blind post)

They do, in their millions. Literally, their millions.

Islamic nations had the largest intakes of refugees and are the largest homes for refugees overall:

Turkey (Islamic nation): 2.5 million refugees in the country at the end of 2015
Pakistan (Islamic nation): 1.6 million
Lebanon (Islamic nation): 1.1 million
Iran (Islamic nation): 979,000
Ethiopia (Islamic nation): 736,000
Jordan (Islamic nation): 664,000
Kenya (Islamic nation): 553,000

If you look at intake on a per capita basis, the top five largest nations for refugee intake are all Islamic as well (Turkey, Lebanon, Djibouti, Jordan and Rwanda).

Upvote 0