Why don't Muslim refugees go to Muslim countries???

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you lived in a hellhole in the middle east and were looking to free that oppression.... would you prefer going to some western secular society? Or would you go to Saudi Arabia or similar?

The fact is that there isn't a single middle eastern country in which I would want to live. Islamic or otherwise. Most of them, I wouldn't even want to visit as a vacation.

I'm actually a citizen of 3rd world and have lived and worked in a few Western Countries like USA and New Zealand.

I've also lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. If only I had housing allowance, I would have stayed there for several more years.

It's not really that bad in Saudi if you have your own flat and car (not a flat car). There are several advantages living in there that you won't find anywhere else even if you live in the West.

For example, because there is no tax in Saudi and the relatively low cost of living, I was able to send more financial assistance to my parents back home than when I worked in New Zealand. In New Zealand, most of my income was gobbled by the living expenses.

I've also been to Bahrain and seen surprising numbers of American tourists. I actually found the place quite pleasant.

Muslim Arabs from other nations can gain citizenship or permanent residency in Saudi and other rich Gulf states. Their welfare system and the perks provided is most generous and in many cases, better than in USA.

And finally, I've seen the Syrian refugees in Saudi. They actually had jobs there and doing quite well. Nobody's oppressing them there ;)

I would have gone back to the Middle East if only there are job opportunities for me. But sadly, there had been none so far.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not really that bad in Saudi if you have your own flat and car (not a flat car)

...and male reproductive organs.

There are several advantages living in there that you won't find anywhere else even if you live in the West.

For example, because there is no tax in Saudi and the relatively low cost of living, I was able to send more financial assistance to my parents back home than when I worked in New Zealand. In New Zealand, most of my income was gobbled by the living expenses.

I've also been to Bahrain and seen surprising numbers of American tourists. I actually found the place quite pleasant.

Muslim Arabs from other nations can gain citizenship or permanent residency in Saudi and other rich Gulf states. Their welfare system and the perks provided is most generous and in many cases, better than in USA.

And finally, I've seen the Syrian refugees in Saudi. They actually had jobs there and doing quite well. Nobody's oppressing them there ;)

I would have gone back to the Middle East if only there are job opportunities for me. But sadly, there had been none so far.

Seems like you have only seen the "pretty" side of things.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...and male reproductive organs.

Is not actually as bad for the women as you hear on the news. Not all parts of Saudi are strict to the code. In Jeddah where I found most of the refugees, women are allowed to go around by themselves (without their husbands) as long as they wear "niqabs "and accompanied by other women.

And if you think that niqabs are bad, most Muslim women who wear it actually likes wearing it.....That's why you also see them wearing it in Western countries. I've handled some of it and some are actually finely (expensively) made!

Many wear "abayas" and if you think they look bad, look here: :)
abaya‏ - بحث Google‏

Women are also allowed to work in some professions. Of course, in the more westernized Muslim countries like Bahrain, or UAE, women can do any jobs, even in the office and even driving a truck!

Seems like you have only seen the "pretty" side of things.

I also know the ugly side of things but Saudis are much less likely to persecute Syrian refugees than an Asian expat like me. They are actually having good lives there.

I've also met some Yemeni refugees who got employed and working in the same company....The quality of their accommodations and food given by our company is far better than ours!

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is not actually as bad for the women as you hear on the news.
I don't need to read it on the news.
The 30-year old wife of my cousin was born in Somalia and moved with her family to Saudi Arabia at the age of 3. With the help of her sister, she ran away and ended up here in old Europe some 8 years ago.
She flat out says that she'ld kill herself if she was ever forced to return there for whatever reason. She's a naturalized citizen today with a proper passport, though. She cried the day she received it.
Not all parts of Saudi are strict to the code. In Jeddah where I found most of the refugees, women are allowed to go around by themselves (without their husbands) as long as they wear "niqabs "and accompanied by other women.
So much for freedom and being allowed to go around "by themselves".
And if you think that niqabs are bad, most Muslim women who wear it actually likes wearing it.....
What about those who don't like wearing it?
That's why you also see them wearing it in Western countries.

I'm also aware of many in western countries who's daddies, brothers, uncles and/or grandfathers are forcing them to wear it.

I'm also aware of many in western countries who are indirectly forced to wear it through social pressure in the community.

Did I mention already that half my family is muslim?
Perhaps that's an interesting factoid in this discussion.

Women are also allowed to work in some professions

In "some" professions, ey? Lucky them!
Just don't drive to work...

Of course, in the more westernized Muslim countries like Bahrain, or UAE, women can do any jobs, even in the office and even driving a truck!

Even driving? Ow man!!! If that doesn't get women to go there en masse, I don't know what will!! (sarcasm)

Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The blessings of our Risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be upon you.

Because they already dominate the area and need to spread sharia law and jihad to the west. President Trump’s Muslin ban will prevent the erosion of western civilization and Christianity.

Praise Jesus, the Risen Lord!!

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
President Trump’s Muslin ban will prevent the erosion of western civilization and Christianity.

Then maybe he should be banning those from Saudi Arabia.
You know, the biggest exporter in the world of fundamentalist islam and which spends billions of dollars every year in financing mosques from their approved radical denomination all over the world - including the US.

Wake up and smell the business deals.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In the U.S. we just had a presidential election that reflected...how shall I say it... the desire for a common sense approach to multi-culturalism.

Oh don't be so PC, you know what you mean to say is "White power! White power! White power!"

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Praise Jesus, the Risen Lord!!

"Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’"

"Praise Jesus" isn't going to cut it then. Not when your "Jesus" is a plastic idol of white nationalism.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I didn't mean that at all... but you said it quite well.

So what do you mean by "common sense"? The surge of Trump support from far right white nationalists seems to be precisely what the recent election reflects.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So what do you mean by "common sense"? The surge of Trump support from far right white nationalists seems to be precisely what the recent election reflects.

-CryptoLutheran
If I have to start the conversation by defining "common sense", it's not going to be a good outcome for me... I think I'll pass.

Upvote 0

tonnerkiller

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
✟12,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. I've seen a number of Syrian refugees.

They seem to be doing and integrating quite well. Many of them end up having work and productive lives in Saudi.

So why won't they go there instead. The Muslim culture means they don't have to adapt and they'll be quite familiar with the culture and the Arabic language, and they'll be able to more freely practice their religion there and they won't have to complain about women not wearing burqas or women boss, etc.

If they don't like Saudi, there are more progressive Muslim countries like UAE or Oman or Qatar, or Bahrain or Morocco or Egypt.

I mean c'mon, why rush to Europe or other Western nations and then complain about the Western Culture?? Why did you go there in the first place if you don't like its policies??? It doesn't make sense!!

I still need to find the first refugee to complain about western culture. But then again, there are so many more refugees in Lebanon and Jordan than in any European country, let alone the USA... But talking about western culture. The only people I hear complaining about it are westeners. Westeners complain about Muslims having the same religious liberties to choose the religion THEY fancy, Westeners complain about the freedom to wear what you like instead of western clothing, they complain about the right to speak your mind of minds differ too much. This is something that troubles me much more than any refugee could.

We in the west, being influenced by centuries of Christianity, should take pride in opening our doors for those in need and not think about where to send them to not be bothered. Wanna be the salt of the earth and the light of the world? Then be salty and shine your light where ever you get the chance.
If you close your door like worldly people would de because they fear for their riches, what do you expect? What image of your God do you give? How appealing do you think does your faith appear to others? Right. Not so much.

God bless

• Winner
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I still need to find the first refugee to complain about western culture.

This is how they "complain":

Germany attacks: What is going on? - BBC News

I think But then again, there are so many more refugees in Lebanon and Jordan than in any European country, let alone the USA...

My point is not let them settle in the West at all. Let them stay for a bit in processing centers but to transfer them to Muslim countries later on.

But talking about western culture. The only people I hear complaining about it are westeners. Westeners complain about Muslims having the same religious liberties to choose the religion THEY fancy, Westeners complain about the freedom to wear what you like instead of western clothing, they complain about the right to speak your mind of minds differ too much. This is something that troubles me much more than any refugee could.

Sounds like you are complaining too.

We in the west, being influenced by centuries of Christianity, should take pride in opening our doors for those in need and not think about where to send them to not be bothered.

2 John 1:10-11
If anyone comes to you but does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your home or even greet him. 11Whoever greets such a person shares in his evil deeds.

Wanna be the salt of the earth and the light of the world? Then be salty and shine your light where ever you get the chance.

If you want to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world, then you should be the bulwark of righteousness and justice....

....Would you tolerate a religion that promotes injustice and rejects our God at every turn??

Matthew 10:14
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Upvote 0

tonnerkiller

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
✟12,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

A hand full of attackers out of millions of muslims living in Germany! Some attackers with a right-radical background (Munich), some of which with supposingly mental illness, one case of relationship conflict... seems they don't complain about western culture, but suffer from problems white christian Germans can suffer from just as well. Or do you think there are no white christian German murderers? I tell you what: Some white "christian" Germans do even go and kill refugees just for their skincolour or their religion. You just don't find that in the news so often...

My point is not let them settle in the West at all. Let them stay for a bit in processing centers but to transfer them to Muslim countries later on.
My question is why not let them settle? Western countries are by definition not christian countries though many have a christian majority. Western countries tend to be neutral in the question of religion. Some have a strict wall of separation like France or the USA, some like Germany do cooperate with religious groups - without favouring any one group.
So if you don't want to let "them" settle, why let any Christians settle? The only reason I can think of would be thoughts of us vs them, which only lead to conflict and are thus not christian at all.

Sounds like you are complaining too.
Yes, I complain. But not about western culture but about those who are trying to abolish this culture and substitute it with a culture of segregation which is not christian at all.

If anyone comes to you but does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your home or even greet him. 11Whoever greets such a person shares in his evil deeds.
Oh, bible verse tossing! Wasn't that the means with which Satan tried Jesus in the desert? You know well this is about receiving Christian missionaries into the congregation, not about countries receiving refugees. But while we are at the bible verse tossing:
Lev 19:33-34:
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

If you want to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world, then you should be the bulwark of righteousness and justice....

....Would you tolerate a religion that promotes injustice and rejects our God at every turn??
So you think it would be unrighteous and unjust to tolerate Muslims? I always thought Jesus commanded us to love our enemies... You know, I see so many Christians denying our God, promoting injustice etc that I will rather care for the beams within Christianity than the motes within other religions. You know, we all are sinners, Christian or not, so we shouldn't be proud like we achieved what was God's work alone.

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
Out of context again? You know this is about Christian messengers going out to people, not other people coming in. And well, I mean if no one listens, why talk to them. But if people come and ask for help, what would a Christian do?

Is 1, 16-17
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

A word search for segregation in the KJ bible brought up 0 verses. Guess why.

God bless

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Defending our borders isn't the same as rejecting refugees. Refugees aren't enemy invaders; they're your fellow human beings who are looking for safety.

Wrong. They are the advance wave of invaders who think that the world is theirs for the taking at the command of their religion.

Upvote 0

tonnerkiller

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
✟12,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They are the advance wave of invaders who think that the world is theirs for the taking at the command of their religion.
Where did you get this info from? I mean, if you look at Christendom, everybody has his unique understanding of God, the cross, Jesus etc. Just take a look around in this forum: People are different in Christendom.
But you claim that Muslims, who are created by the same creator, do all follow one big master plan? How credible is this?

God bless

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. I've seen a number of Syrian refugees.

They seem to be doing and integrating quite well. Many of them end up having work and productive lives in Saudi.

So why won't they go there instead. The Muslim culture means they don't have to adapt and they'll be quite familiar with the culture and the Arabic language, and they'll be able to more freely practice their religion there and they won't have to complain about women not wearing burqas or women boss, etc.

If they don't like Saudi, there are more progressive Muslim countries like UAE or Oman or Qatar, or Bahrain or Morocco or Egypt.

I mean c'mon, why rush to Europe or other Western nations and then complain about the Western Culture?? Why did you go there in the first place if you don't like its policies??? It doesn't make sense!!

Saudi Arabia is not taking Syrian refugees en mass but many Muslim countries are the first stop for refugees:

Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq have basically already been overwhelmed.

• Informative
Upvote 0