Why don't Muslim refugees go to Muslim countries???

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. I've seen a number of Syrian refugees.

They seem to be doing and integrating quite well. Many of them end up having work and productive lives in Saudi.

So why won't they go there instead. The Muslim culture means they don't have to adapt and they'll be quite familiar with the culture and the Arabic language, and they'll be able to more freely practice their religion there and they won't have to complain about women not wearing burqas or women boss, etc.

If they don't like Saudi, there are more progressive Muslim countries like UAE or Oman or Qatar, or Bahrain or Morocco or Egypt.

I mean c'mon, why rush to Europe or other Western nations and then complain about the Western Culture?? Why did you go there in the first place if you don't like its policies??? It doesn't make sense!!

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Unlike the U.S., other Muslim countries defend their borders and will say "No". Anyway, the U.S. is probably most refugees preferred destination... and lotto ticket. They won't be satisfied anywhere else.

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unlike the U.S., other Muslim countries defend their borders and will say "No".
Defending our borders isn't the same as rejecting refugees. Refugees aren't enemy invaders; they're your fellow human beings who are looking for safety.
Anyway, the U.S. is probably most refugees preferred destination... and lotto ticket. They won't be satisfied anywhere else.
Why would that be? If I were a Muslim refugee, I'd much rather live in Germany or Canada, which have higher standards of living and aren't experiencing a huge, powerful alt-right movement that considers Arabs and Muslims to be sub-human.

Anyway, most Muslim refugees do go to Muslim countries, and only a fraction of one percent come to America. The country that hosts the most refugees is Turkey, which has accepted three million Syrian refugees aloneabout 600 times as many as the U.S., relative to the population. By Wikipedia's list (which is full of sources), the places that have accepted the most after Turkey are Lebanon, Jordan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, and Egypt, which are almost all Muslim-majority countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
have accepted the most after Turkey are Lebanon, Jordan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, and Egypt, which are almost all Muslim-majority countries.

Germany in which they caused the most trouble....

I have seen them in Saudi Arabia but didn't caused any trouble at all. They often end up employed as they are fluent in Arabic.

Just my opinion they have no business being in a Western nation for the simple fact, they can go instead to Muslim nations, many can't even speak English, and their more fundamentalist view of Islam often conflicts with Western culture badly. This is simple common sense.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Defending our borders" isn't the same as rejecting refugees. Refugees aren't enemy invaders; they're your fellow human beings who are looking for safety.

Why would that be? If I were a Muslim refugee, I'd much rather live in Germany or Canada, which have higher standards of living and aren't experiencing a huge, powerful alt-right movement that considers Arabs and Muslims to be sub-human.

Anyway, most Muslim refugees do go to Muslim countries, and only a fraction of one percent come to America. The country that hosts the most refugees is Turkey, which has accepted three million Syrian refugees aloneabout 600 times as many as the U.S., relative to the population. By Wikipedia's list (which is full of sources), the places that have accepted the most after Turkey are Lebanon, Jordan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, and Egypt, which are almost all Muslim-majority countries.

Good points… well taken, but...

1. "Defending our borders isn't the same as rejecting refugees.”

(?) I’ll have to think about that one though... protecting our culture and all the other stuff that goes with providing safety (for them).

2. “Anyway, most Muslim refugees do go to Muslim countries, and only a fraction of one percent come to America.”

Do you think the very possible radical element among the refugees harbor as much hate for all these other countries as they do the U.S.?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just a note about protecting "our culture". Strange that this is phrased as a western concern, when in countries like Canada culture is defined around multi-culturalism. Toronto is the most multi-cultural city in the world. Defending our culture means making sure that we welcome people from all kinds of backgrounds.

In the U.S. we just had a presidential election that reflected...how shall I say it... the desire for a common sense approach to multi-culturalism.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for two years. I've seen a number of Syrian refugees.

They seem to be doing and integrating quite well. Many of them end up having work and productive lives in Saudi.

So why won't they go there instead. The Muslim culture means they don't have to adapt and they'll be quite familiar with the culture and the Arabic language, and they'll be able to more freely practice their religion there and they won't have to complain about women not wearing burqas or women boss, etc.

If they don't like Saudi, there are more progressive Muslim countries like UAE or Oman or Qatar, or Bahrain or Morocco or Egypt.

I mean c'mon, why rush to Europe or other Western nations and then complain about the Western Culture?? Why did you go there in the first place if you don't like its policies??? It doesn't make sense!!

This, my friend, is the million dollar question.

You are correct. It doesn't make sense at all.

:oldthumbsup:

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Check the stats. There's plenty of refugees in Muslim countries. Funny thing about fleeing a war zone, though, the "away from" is the primary motivator. The "where to" tends to be more to do with the direction you initially start running in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the very possible radical element among the refugees harbor as much hate for all these other countries as they do the U.S.?
Given that you're making up hypothetical radicals, we can imbue them with whatever properties we wish. Find some actual examples and we can discuss them. You're asking as to get mad about imaginary strawmen.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Germany in which they caused the most trouble....

I have seen them in Saudi Arabia but didn't caused any trouble at all. They often end up employed as they are fluent in Arabic.

Just my opinion they have no business being in a Western nation for the simple fact, they can go instead to Muslim nations, many can't even speak English, and their more fundamentalist view of Islam often conflicts with Western culture badly. This is simple common sense.
Speaking English is a requirement to go to Western countries now? I'll remember that next time I'm in Sweden.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Given that you're making up hypothetical radicals, we can imbue them with whatever properties we wish. Find some actual examples and we can discuss them. You're asking as to get mad about imaginary strawmen.

Indeed, the common sense approach is to keep radicals hypothetical and imaginary.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Because in most cases, those are exactly the people they are fleeing from? :)

Somehow, this is true. For example the Shia Muslims in Syria and most of the rich Gulf countries are Sunni Muslims.

But the point is, even Shia Muslims don't cause any trouble in Sunni Muslim countries. They integrate just fine. Still way better than trying to integrate to Western Culture.

Muslims who actually successfully integrate into Western Cultures (I know some!) aren't being good Muslims according to their religion, that's the irony! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Check the stats. There's plenty of refugees in Muslim countries. Funny thing about fleeing a war zone, though, the "away from" is the primary motivator. The "where to" tends to be more to do with the direction you initially start running in.

Yes I know, I have seen them myself in Saudi Arabia.

They are doing far better in there. I think something can be done regarding those lines.

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Speaking English is a requirement to go to Western countries now? I'll remember that next time I'm in Sweden.

My point is English is a universally spoken language. It will help get around at least even if you're in Europe.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Somehow, this is true. For example the Shia Muslims in Syria and most of the rich Gulf countries are Sunni Muslims.

But the point is, even Shia Muslims don't cause any trouble in Sunni Muslim countries. They integrate just fine. Still way better than trying to integrate to Western Culture.

Muslims who actually successfully integrate into Western Cultures (I know some!) aren't being good Muslims according to their religion, that's the irony! :D

If you lived in a hellhole in the middle east and were looking to free that oppression.... would you prefer going to some western secular society? Or would you go to Saudi Arabia or similar?

The fact is that there isn't a single middle eastern country in which I would want to live. Islamic or otherwise. Most of them, I wouldn't even want to visit as a vacation.

Upvote 0