Why doesnt Jesus

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What are you talking about? I am a real person.
Absolutely ! hahaha yes......
Remember that there are big 'bots' out there seeking other bots.... they may mistake you for one of them ! ?
HAHAHA don't let them worry you - eventually they fiz out.....

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely ! hahaha yes......
Remember that there are big 'bots' out there seeking other bots.... they may mistake you for one of them ! ?
HAHAHA don't let them worry you - eventually they fiz out.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is the son of God

Jesus Christ is God. He declares himself in his Revelation given to John as the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last of his kind. That kind being the one God.

• Agree
Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thoughts about what exactly?

Explain in detail your confusion. Don't just provide a two lines statement. Explain what exactly makes you confused, giving human emotional reasoning for your confusion or doubts. In the process highlight your claims of what you believe, with scriptural backing. All this would take more than two lines.

I wait for your detailed input, so that I understand your thoughts in this regard, enabling me to pinpoint and to better address your confusion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Explain in detail your confusion. Don't just provide a two lines statement. Explain what exactly makes you confused, giving human emotional reasoning for your confusion or doubts. In the process highlight your claims of what you believe, with scriptural backing. All this would take more than two lines.

I wait for your detailed input, so that I understand your thoughts in this regard, enabling me to pinpoint and to better address your confusion.[/QUO
im really tired. I dont feel like discussing this anymore or putting it into a paragraph. I dont care anymore.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why doesnt Jesus know the hour except the father? Why cant he know?
That’s the weird thing about this scripture cause Jesus claims to not know yet he’s the one coming back. Some theologians say it’s cause the people thought that right after the gospel was fulfilled it was over And Jesus is coming straight up to get them. He was asked a lot about this so this could be the case. He could have simply been like look... I could be coming back any time no man knows but the father (yet Jesus is the one who could come back at any time he chooses lol so clearly he knows) . the reason an explanation like this could be likely is because jesus is described as the power and wisdom and power of God and alpha and omega... in other words there’s nothing he doesn’t know... and nothing he can’t do. I refuse to believe in a bible that contradicts itself. But also if Jesus isn’t all knowing the trinity and anything else that establishes the 3 as co-equal in some way or form is incorrect. another explanation for Jesus comments could be his emphasis of the father tbh but based off scripture Jesus never gave up his all knowing and all powerful nature while on Earth. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt in him bodily... he never gave that up when he walked in flesh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why doesnt Jesus know the hour except the father? Why cant he know?
Because he lowered himself below the angels for the suffering of death (Hebrews 2:9). He became man to save man and in the process, while still God, placed limitations on Himself.

• Agree
Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was this the intended purpose of this thread?

How many attempts by those who continue to deny the deity of Jesus Christ!

Was Jesus still God when He indicated that even He didn't know that day and hour?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's waiting on the Father to bring about His will.

This is a good way to look at it, because it seems to me that it is the Father's will that is being brought about, and that Jesus is simply fulfilling the Father's will. That would seem to indicate that the Father might know some things the Son might not, such as when the Father decides the time has come for that day and hour to arrive.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Was Jesus still God when He indicated that even He didn't know that day and hour?

Jesus did not all of a sudden become God with a capital G, rather his devinity is uncreated and that according to John 1:1 he is God with God, who are the one in the same being, yet are two different personas.

Jesus did not indicate that he did not know. Read the KJV Matthew version. Matthew was an accountant and his accurate genealogy list at the start of his book is an indication of his accurate bean counting skills as an accountant. The fact that Matthew does not record Jesus as having said that, is certainty that Jesus did not say that he didn't know.

However Mark adds his own spin by using a coined phrase of "NOT SO (neither) the Son" to separate Jesus from the category of human beings. There would be no point to add Not So the Son after saying that human beings don't know. The language also uses a variant of NOT SO (neither) for the Father also by saying NO NOT SO the Father. So Mark excludes deity from being ignorant of the hour.

Jewish phrases like their writing from right to left, can gave opposite meaning to the meaning in english when read out, without considering the context of Jewish culture.

If you consider the word in the Greek, you will discover this as long as you stop reading it from an English cultural context, you will discover the intended meaning.

3761 oudé (from 3756 /ou, "not" and 1161 /dé, "moreover") – properly, moreover not,

When you consider the term used for the Father...

3361 mḗ (a particle which functions as an adverb) – no, not.

So you get......

NOT the Son, NO NOT the Father.

The transliteration misleads people in not using the proper term, but instead one that sounds correctly, rather than means correctly. This is the big difference in interpreting the phrase correctly.

So the only terms used for the Son and the Father incorporate NOT, yet the Father has the extreme appointed NOT by the NO NOT.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Funny that you should ask this question today, Jenniferdiana, as I was thinking about this very matter today while I was driving to Wal-Mart.
I always wonder why I'm going to Walmart Too? LOL.

Actually, I personally, and this is just me......think that Jesus, the man on earth, did not know.
I think that the risen Christ, in heaven....knows now. He just did not know then.

Upvote 0