Not open for further replies.

S.gal83

Jan 15, 2009
✟15,343.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Why does God forgive people only now, while we are alive, if we believe in him? Why don't he forgive people who are in hell? What if someone used to mock God but repents of his sins when he went to hell, will God forgive that person? If not, why?
Also, if Satan and 1/3 of the angels who rebeled had repented after they were chased out of the garden of Eden, will God have forgiven them?

Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Accept Christ first to tolerate sin. Satan's spirit released on this Earth would try to rip away the holy spirit by making you decide to give up. Unfortunately, because God created us in his own image, each person has the power of decision that God cannot undo if we choose to ignore Jesus Christ who died to save us. Those who went to hell made the wrong decision as if they wanted to be with Satan. Once Jesus Christ is made known in history, pastors in church, online and on television would do their best to get everyone to break away from atheism to become believers. Once you have accepted Christ then all perplexing questions yours, mines and others would be answered by God in heaven or the future city kingdom on new Earth.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Why does God forgive people only now, while we are alive, if we believe in him? Why don't he forgive people who are in hell? What if someone used to mock God but repents of his sins when he went to hell, will God forgive that person? If not, why?
Also, if Satan and 1/3 of the angels who rebeled had repented after they were chased out of the garden of Eden, will God have forgiven them?

why do you ask this if you do not believe in God?

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why doesn't God forgive people in hell?

He has, they are there because they will not accept his forgiveness through the repenting of there sins.

Why does God forgive people only now, while we are alive, if we believe in him
Because we are given this life (A life, semi blinded to the Almighty God) to prove to ourselves in whom we love most.. Ourselves, our philosophies, or The Alpha and the Omega.

If you won 200 million in the lottery tomorrow, who would you share it with? All of those who, come out of the wood work, and profess love and adoration to you.. Or..
Those who have loved you before your "glory" or in this case money had been realized to them?
Are you so foolish to think any of those "Wood work" people would truly Love you?
Why would you think God this type of fool?

Why would God give us this life, free will to choose him, sacrifice His son to make that choice possible, and allow those who persecute or profane him, and his followers with all the time they have been given, the same rights and love to those who have always have been faithful to Him?

Why not just create Heaven and let everyone join.. Oh, but wait.. he did that, with the angels, and even with the full glory of God revealed to them the rebelled.. They wanted Heaven without God. He could have simply created us, and rightly divided the evil from the righteous. Allowing the righteous into Heaven and condemning the wicked to hell, But He didn't for God is a righteous God. allowing us this life to prove to ourselves in whom we love most... God, or ourselves.. If we truly love ourselves more, then what makes you think we will be happy in Heaven in the first place???

If for some reason the description of "Heaven and Hell" were reversed over the centuries, and Hell was Paradise but no God, and Heaven was a fiery Pit But God lived there.. Would you still want to go to Heaven? (The Fiery pit)

Heaven simply put is in the presents/true glory of God.

Hell is the void or only place you can be not in that presents/glory.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Nothing so pleases God as a steadfast faith in all that He is and promises to do.
2 Corinthians 5:9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

The terror of the Lord (the appropriate reverential awe or fear of our Creator and Judge) strengthens our resolve to please Christ ourselves and motivates our attempts to persuade others to trust in Christ.

Salvation

Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it."

Since John the Baptist announced that repentance and belief were the means of entrance into the kingdom.

Repentance

Ezekiel 18:32; Ezekiel 33:11 "As I live, I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies [the wicked]," says GOD. "Therefore turn [from your evil ways] and live!"

Belief

John 6:40 "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

Upvote 0

EGoldstein

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,131.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
then all perplexing questions yours, mines and others would be answered by God in heaven or the future city kingdom on new Earth.
Why couldn't god answer all those questions now and then that would let more people believe in him. All humans have the ability to rationalize and think logically (though a large majority of the earths population refuse to use it); something god would have 'made in us'. What you are suggesting goes against something that is a part of human nature, the nature that god supposedly created in us. I am an atheist because there is not sufficient evidence for the existence of a god and I hope that if I am wrong the god that does exist isn't the egotistical 10 year old that the christian god is.

Why doesn't God forgive people in hell?
He has, they are there because they will not accept his forgiveness through the repenting of there sins.

That doesn't answer the question at all. Also, they are in hell because god created a hell and put them there.

If you won 200 million in the lottery tomorrow, who would you share it with? All of those who, come out of the wood work, and profess love and adoration to you.. Or..
Those who have loved you before your "glory" or in this case money had been realized to them?
Are you so foolish to think any of those "Wood work" people would truly Love you?
Why would you think God this type of fool?

Maybe I wouldn't share my money with the ones who came out of the woodwork, but that does not mean I will instead throw them in a pit of fire. It is ridiculous to say that a loving god would send people to hell just because they didn't believe in or love him.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That doesn't answer the question at all. Also, they are in hell because god created a hell and put them there.

Maybe I wouldn't share my money with the ones who came out of the woodwork, but that does not mean I will instead throw them in a pit of fire. It is ridiculous to say that a loving god would send people to hell just because they didn't believe in or love him.

The people in Hell are there because they choose to be there. To be apart of anything God created is to be in his presents. Or in the case of the lotto analogy to share in his riches. Hell is a place that is devoid of creation or the presents of God. If you do not choose God you choose to be away from him and Hell is the only place you can do that.

Upvote 0

EGoldstein

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,131.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
To be apart of anything God created is to be in his presents. Or in the case of the lotto analogy to share in his riches. Hell is a place that is devoid of creation or the presents of God.

But since God created everything would it not mean that there is no place devoid of God's creation. By the definition of Hell being a place that has nothing to do with God, Hell cannot possibly exist. Since God created, everything, including Hell, you could never be somewhere devoid of creation. And if you assume that God did not create Hell, then there must be more to our universe that we do not know about yet because people who believe God did not create Hell must necessarily believe that there are parts of the universe unaffected by God. If that is the case than maybe the rules are different there. Maybe there are other Gods with other worlds and going to Hell will just be sending us over to the realm of another God, or a realm of nothingness and nonexistence, which wouldn't be a bad thing because we just wouldn't exist.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

When someone is in hell it is too late for them. God is a loving Father who desires that none will perish, and that includes you for He loves you, He has numbereed every hair on your head, His desire has always been to pour His love and mercy upon you, hence He sent Jesus to die for you and I and all mankind, that we might be restored to Him as Father.
Sin separates man from God but the blood of Jesus was shed that our sins might be forgiven. God offers a free gift of salvation, this is the day of grace, but we have to accept that free gift and repent of our sins, now while there is still time.

bridge.gif

The cross brigges the gap between you and Father God, but this is the day and hour of grace, there are no second chances in hell.

God is holy and He cannot look upon sin, but the blood of Jesus the sinless Son of God can wash your sins white as snow today.Here is the cry of Jesus for you right now.

COME HOME MY CHILD
Come see Jesus standing with his arms open wide.
He beckons to you “Come home my child,
I will show you the biggest party you have ever seen;
You will be so much happier than you have ever been.

I came to give you an abundant life,
There will be no more toiling and no more strife,
I am the shepherd who cares for His flock,
Come my child place your feet upon the rock.

Don’t you know I want you to be part of my bride,
Come now and walk with me and in me abide,
I want you to know you can be at peace,
For my love for you will never cease.

On the cross I paid the price for your sins,
Don’t you know my blood can wash away your sins?
I long for you to come to me in true repentance,
My desire is for you to know real forgiveness.

So come my child and enter right into my rest,
I love you and I long for you to experience life at best,
My dear friend, won’t you come and follow me?
The true meaning of life I want you to see.

My child I see your hurts, I see all your pain,
I long to heal and restore your life again,
Every tear, every hurt I will wipe away,
Oh how I long for you to come to me today.

My dear child I love when you lend an ear towards me.
I love to hear your voice cry my name in moments of need,
So come now and pay attention to this precious gospel seed.
I want you to know me as Saviour and Lord, come home to me.”

Love from Jesus

Irene McGough 2008

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God created everything, including Hell

Really? What day in the biblical account of creation did that happen?

"Hell" is the absents of God.. Before the beginning, there was nothingness, and in The Beginning, God created the Heavens and the earth. So It is to that nothingness that God left behind after the first day of creation, that will become your/our Hell.

If that is the case than maybe the rules are different there. Maybe there are other Gods with other worlds and going to Hell will just be sending us over to the realm of another God, or a realm of nothingness and nonexistence, which wouldn't be a bad thing because we just wouldn't exist.

Even if... you are still a product of This God, this realm, Made in His image. (Meaning we have the same core values)So whatever is there, it will be highly unpalatable to you or your/our desires, otherwise why did God leave the "emptiness" of that realm to start this one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.gal83

Jan 15, 2009
✟15,343.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

That is what troubled me most about God.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is what troubled me most about God.

In your opinion, then what should a "righteous" God do?

Should a righteous God drag someone into His presents/glory and force that person to be there for all of eternity, after that person has spend a life time placing distance between themselves and Him?

Or should a righteous God Give the same gift to someone who has spent his or her life sowing destruction among those who truly believe, love and seek him?

Or, Should a righteous God go through the motions of creation, Give us this life, Give us the will to choose Him, Allow us to brutally Sacrifice his son to allow this choice to be possible, and in return simply ask the we believe and live as is we truly believed.. Only to be laughed at, Hated, and mocked, until his true Glory, and the glory of all creation is openly revealed, and then in your scenario have those very same people once they were faced with his (Lotto winnings) Change their minds, (not hearts) about what they think about Him?? At this point do you still think He should still just let anyone do what they want?

I've asked this question before, What if the descriptions of Heaven and Hell were somehow changed over the centuries, and Hell was what we know to be paradise, but God was absent, and Heaven was a fiery pit, but God lived there.. Would you still want to goto Heaven/The fiery pit?

The definition of Heaven is the Place in which God resides. Heaven is more than a gated community with mansion on every corner and gold bricked streets. The "stuff" doesn't make Heaven, Heaven. It's the fact God's there, and if a person doesn't Love God with all of their being, what makes you think they want to be there with Him for eternity? After a time A great number of the Angels didn't, and they knew God, and all he had to offer. They like most who do not love Him, want His power or what His power has created, but they do not want Him.. How are you or any of the rest of us different from those angels in this regard? So how can a truly righteous God Drag someone who has been kicking and screaming all of their lives against Him, into a situation where they must spend all of eternity with the one they have spent this life rebelling against?

If you have ever sinned and never repented then you fit the category of someone who has/is spending your life rebelling against God.. No matter how you justify your actions to yourself. Again, we all sin, God knows this and is why He sent Jesus. (to erase the sins of those who truly seek and Love God)

Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2009
✟11,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
The people in Hell are there, because they NEVER want to repent TRUTHFULLY from THEIR HEARTS (that includes Ministers/Christians/Chaplains/And non-christians that are there).

Yes, He would have forgiven them. Anyone who truthfully comes to God will BE FORGIVEN. ANYONE.

I appreciate all your honest and sincere questions S.gal :)

Have a good day

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R

RedRaven

I know this is a few days old but I've had some questions swirling in my mind that maybe the posters here could answer.

In your opinion, then what should a "righteous" God do?

Should a righteous God drag someone into His presents/glory and force that person to be there for all of eternity, after that person has spend a life time placing distance between themselves and Him?

Or should a righteous God Give the same gift to someone who has spent his or her life sowing destruction among those who truly believe, love and seek him?

Or, Should a righteous God go through the motions of creation, Give us this life, Give us the will to choose Him, Allow us to brutally Sacrifice his son to allow this choice to be possible, and in return simply ask the we believe and live as is we truly believed.. Only to be laughed at, Hated, and mocked, until his true Glory, and the glory of all creation is openly revealed, and then in your scenario have those very same people once they were faced with his (Lotto winnings) Change their minds, (not hearts) about what they think about Him?? At this point do you still think He should still just let anyone do what they want?

I've asked this question before, What if the descriptions of Heaven and Hell were somehow changed over the centuries, and Hell was what we know to be paradise, but God was absent, and Heaven was a fiery pit, but God lived there.. Would you still want to goto Heaven/The fiery pit?

The definition of Heaven is the Place in which God resides. Heaven is more than a gated community with mansion on every corner and gold bricked streets. The "stuff" doesn't make Heaven, Heaven. It's the fact God's there, and if a person doesn't Love God with all of their being, what makes you think they want to be there with Him for eternity? After a time A great number of the Angels didn't, and they knew God, and all he had to offer. They like most who do not love Him, want His power or what His power has created, but they do not want Him.. How are you or any of the rest of us different from those angels in this regard? So how can a truly righteous God Drag someone who has been kicking and screaming all of their lives against Him, into a situation where they must spend all of eternity with the one they have spent this life rebelling against?

If you have ever sinned and never repented then you fit the category of someone who has/is spending your life rebelling against God.. No matter how you justify your actions to yourself. Again, we all sin, God knows this and is why He sent Jesus. (to erase the sins of those who truly seek and Love God)

What about God the Father? The Father that loves us unconditionally? A love that we as humans can't even begin to understand or fathom. I'm a mother. I began to truly experience unconditional love when I was pregnant with my daughter. The feelings that have overwhelmed my heart since her birth have been astounding. I will always love her, unconditionally. There is no doubt. Never in my life could I turn from her. Many children spend their life "rebelling" against their parents, those parents still love them and when their child needs them they will be there. How could a loving God, God the Father sentence his children to an eternity without Him? The children He loves. The ones he watched grow, knowing their every decision, even being good people just never knowing Him. How is that just? What Father that knows love beyond what we are capable of would allow that kind of separation, or go a step further and leave aside the space without His presence (though I don't know how that fits into being omnipotent) for them to reside? According to most doctrines the choice is here on Earth, a choice made with our imperfect human hearts.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no doubt. Never in my life could I turn from her. Many children spend their life "rebelling" against their parents,

So when your child reaches adulthood, and they wish to leave you "Love" your love for them would bind them to your presents (Or have them live in your house?) for all of eternity??

Granted, when we hear the term Father we generally think a father of small children, but here all of God's "children" are grown, or at least past the age of accountability.. If they want to Leave, God will allow them to do so, and the door is alway open for them to return at any point in this life. This is illustrated in the story of the prodigal son that can be found in Luke 15:11Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons. 12The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.

13"Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.
17"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' 20So he got up and went to his father.
"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.[b]'
22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'
28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!' 31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

How could a loving God, God the Father sentence his children to an eternity without Him?
What makes you think that a "child" who spends his/her entire life putting distance between themselves and there parents, would want to be with that parent for all of eternity?

Again don't think of a 5 year old, think of a thirty five year old who clearly knows what direction they want in life and is actively pursuing it, to the detriment of his parents.

Why would this child want to be with God after this life was spent? Do you think that "child" would want to be with God if the definitions of Heaven and Hell were switched like I mentioned in my last post? Do you honestly think that child would choose an eternity as he could understand it "on literal fire" just to be with God? Or would he choose an existence with out God just to live in the comfort of paradise?

So if in this "child's" Heart of Hearts he did not Truly want to be with God, Then Why would, or even How could a righteous God Drag that person into his presents for all eternity? Despite what the living conditions are when we get to our final destination, the bottom line should be, Do you want to be with God or Not. If you do no matter what that place will look like, then all you have to do is confess your sins, and except Jesus as your savior.. I don't know to me, if a child really wants to be with his/her Father, then he/she would.

even being good people just never knowing Him.
You have to understand "Good" is a relative term that is determined by our peers, and place in history.. In Hitler's Germany I'm sure there were many "Good" Nazis. (At least when compared to there peers.) But does this mean any of them were truly "good" people? When you hold any of us to God's perfect standard all of our "Good" is like a bunch of Dirty Rags to God.. This is why being "Good" has little to nothing to do with getting into Heaven. (It's not a trade) Only those who Love God with all of their being are worthy of Heaven. The "good" is a result of that love. It's the effect of salvation and not the cause of it.

According to most doctrines the choice is here on Earth, a choice made with our imperfect human hearts.

As I said the "choice" we are to make is one of "Love" Even as flawed as we can be we all know Love to one degree or another.. It is to that standard in which we set for ourselves, to be judged.. Meaning, of what you know of "Love," Do you give all of your love/self to God?

Even if you want to, and don't know How. we are told to just ask with all that we do have, and the way will be shown to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

RedRaven

You make it sound as though the place without God that the spirit would go would be almost pleasant. Certainly no Heaven but doesn't sound painful. It doesn't sound as though you follow the doctrine that preaches fire and brimstone. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not thinking of a child as someone age 5 or less. Would I keep my grown child within my house once they had grown and decided that it was time to move out? No, but that isn't exactly removing my presence from their lives. Would they ever be in a position where I would not extend my hand and love to them? No. Would there ever be a time that they couldn't come to me? No. But I am talking about a spiritual separation and you are speaking of a physical one. I will always be connected to my children. They will always be my children, even if the write me off I will never do the same to them.

Regardless, God said in both Romans and Isaiah "every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess". Even if through our life we deny God, or are unsure of God once our physical self has ceased to be we will be face to face. There we are judged. Would those who didn't know God in life be able to deny Him? Or would, as the Bible says, every knee bow and every tongue confess? Why does that confession not atone for what we doubted? This is where my problem comes from. Is there a too late for your child? Even if they decided they were going to go and live in the world without you if they ever came back and said "I'm sorry, I was so wrong, forgive me" would you turn your back? The story of the prodigal sons suggests not. The doctrine of believe here and now in the story that I tell you or you go to hell or (as newer doctrines say) spend eternity with God's absence suggests that yes, there is a too late.

Good is not relative. But if you want to go there let me define. A person who lives their life following the law, helping the community, being good to their fellow man. A person who grows, educates themselves and their families. A person that gives of their heart and their time. Ect. You knew exactly what I was talking about when I posted it.

Upvote 0

JesuSlavex

Aug 11, 2005
Waynesville, NC
✟168.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Awe man here we go.

So when your child reaches adulthood, and they wish to leave you "Love" your love for them would bind them to your presents (Or have them live in your house?) for all of eternity??

Granted, when we hear the term Father we generally think a father of small children, but here all of God's "children" are grown, or at least past the age of accountability.. If they want to Leave, God will allow them to do so, and the door is alway open for them to return at any point in this life.

The Age of accountability. Please explain this to me. I've never once seen a passage of scripture that even mentions it. I ask as to see where you stand on this. The concept of the age of accountability is non-scriptural, thus not biblical.

In this concept we see believers leaning on Gods mercy and love to save those whom we deem (as a society) as innocent. But in the eyes of God no one is truly innocent due to everyone born since Adam is guilty of Original Sin, even little babies. If the Bible doesn’t say that there is an age of accountability, and it doesn’t, then that child is guilty. That really doesn’t seem right in our own sense of justice now does it? How could God turn his back on his children, sending them to a place without him (Which is not scriptural as the Bible clearly states that Hell is a place of eternal punishment and torture.....depending on the version you read)? But, fundamentalists tend to not want to address such issues with their faith, but are willing to apply that rule to those who have never been ministered to or whom have died while not following him. Truly your sense of the mercy of God and the true nature of the sacrifice of the Christ eludes you. That, or God is a bit darker than you think.

In the end, it’s the internal struggle of a sense of justice in Christianity that all people have issue with. “How can God do this to me?” or “Why does God do bad things to those who DON’T deserve it?”. You struggle with it because its unnatural to believe that God sends people to hell. It doesn’t feel right that someone that we’ve been taught is all knowing and powerful, full of mercy and grace would do such a thing. We see in our daily lives the manifestation of the true unconditional love that the Bible states that God has for us in our families, our friends, our children. Yet we also see that he doesn’t practice it. And that’s the issue. The God of the Bible is not the God that we put value in on a personal level and see in others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Age of accountability. Please explain this to me. I've never once seen a passage of scripture that even mentions it. I ask as to see where you stand on this. The concept of the age of accountability is non-scriptural, thus not biblical.

The Age of accountability is the point in which we know right from wrong. If you believe we are born with this knowledge, then for you, it is from birth, or that "age" that we are all accountable. Despite what you believe you or can or can not prove scripturally, we all go through an age of accountability. Because at some point you will eventually know right from wrong.

That said, I would argue there are many religious terms that are not written down in scripture. especially in the terminology we choose to use today. For instance, scripture never mentions a rapture, financial accountability, nor does it say anything about celebrating Christmas or Easter. I'm sure you know that some of us Choose to celebrate these days and others do not.
So Who is right and who is wrong? Is one wrong for not celebrating because it is non-scriptural or because it is not a well defined biblical principle? is the other one right for wanting to keep these days sacred?

According to Romans 14 Both are correct for what they do, If they do it for the Glory of God. The only sin here is trying to force a "disputable" interpretation of scripture upon another, when it really doesn't matter.

Like for instance your views on The age of accountability. No matter if you are born at this age, or if we develop into it, if anyone who does read and can comprehend this message, they are well into that age, and as such are completely responsible for there own actions..

Either way at this point the message is the same, If you do not choose to Love God then we choose to reside in Hell. no matter if you are 3 or 300. I believe, We can both agree here, then why is it so important that I adopt your theology? Is it apart of the entrance examine into Heaven? Does it change the status of my or anyone's salvation?
Or perhaps, Am I supposed to be upset because you think I have a lovely dove attitude about God? clearly you haven't read any of my posts, and made a hasty judgment in some sort of effort to upset a liberal apple cart.

I have no delusions about God, I simple choose to refrain from using outdated/ conservatively traditional, empty religious terms, that have little to no meaning to anyone except those who have built their lives around them. I wish to inspire thought where there was only preconception, and pre programmed responses.

I know some believe I dilute the truth, but I say people read what they want to read in my messages, just as they do in anything else. If you have taken sometime to read some of what i have written you will see some of the same elements you thumped me over the head with in your message, just without all of the religious/Doctrinally heavy phrases.

What good is to speak of doctrine, and scripture when those you generally speak to, know nothing of Doctrine and scripture? Did Paul speak to the gentiles as he did the Jews?

Don't get me wrong you play an important role in the "church" looking to keep scripture at the forefront of those who speak on God's behalf, but you have to realize that even you are subject to those same pages.

Romans 14

The Weak and the Strong

1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.' "[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food[b] is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.
19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall. 22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You make it sound as though the place without God that the spirit would go would be almost pleasant. Certainly no Heaven but doesn't sound painful.

I believe that "Hell Fire and Brimstone" was (at the time) the best that the writers of scripture could come up with to describe what Hell would be like. I believe that Hell fire and brimstone doesn't even come close to what you would experience in Hell.
I say that "Fire" or the emotions generated in a person when being consumed by fire, like: extreme panic, intense fear, and an overwhelming desire for flight is what the writers were trying to convey, but again even this doesn't come close to what it is truly like to be consumed by the great void.

The pain comes in because shortly before this experience, we will have full knowledge and understanding of God's love, and what it is He is offering to truly provide.. It is this knowledge that has every knee bowing, and every tongue confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord! At this point we all grow up, One can not undergo the exposure of this level of truth and understanding, and not experience a change.

The pain starts as we are lead away from God and his "glory" towards the great nothingness. Once through the gate all of our being is consumed by this great black void. Kinda like a hot fire.. Once completely consumed the last scrap of creation leaves you, (the control you have be given over your own mind) when the reality of eternity sinks in completely. And you are left with nothing more than the echos of frantic weeping, and the gnashing of teeth..

So why would I perpetuate a lessor experience of Hell, when if the person is interested, I can help them draw a better understanding of it?

But I am talking about a spiritual separation and you are speaking of a physical one.
In Luke 15 Jesus speaks of a physical separation as well. Know this physical separation represents a spiritual separation. Because in Luke 15 and in what I was trying to convey, was that in order for a "child" to want to leave his parent in that manner, he has to look upon the parent as being dead to him spiritually.. This is why the lost son wanted his inheritance money. Know that in either case it is not the parent who turns his back on the child, but the child who doesn't want to be with his/her Father.

They will always be my children, even if the write me off I will never do the same to them.
In this life we are as children, and in this life we as children will always have the option to come Home. The Feelings you "feel" about your children are apart of the "image" of God you were created in..

That said, would you give the same leeway to your husband? What if you married a man who lied, cheated, and stole from you every chance he got, compounded by the fact he did not want to be with you?? Would you force him to stay? What if he was that way before you married Him? Would you have gone through with the wedding if you knew He did not love you?

In this Life we are referred to as children, but in the next, "Christians" grow into the role of a spouse.. Despite what you write, or tell me, could you honestly treat a spouse or in our case a potential spouse the same as you could treat a child? Then why would you expect God to do the same?

Would those who didn't know God in life be able to deny Him? Or would, as the Bible says, every knee bow and every tongue confess? Why does that confession not atone for what we doubted? This is where my problem comes from. Is there a too late for your child?

Is there a too late for a child, no.. In this life we as children can go Home anytime.

At the point where every knee is bowed, and every tongue has confessed, we are no longer children, we are at the wedding ceremony, and if the bride hasn't professed her love to the bridegroom before now then it is too late for her to do so once she sees His riches.

A person who lives their life following the law, helping the community, being good to their fellow man. A person who grows, educates themselves and their families. A person that gives of their heart and their time. Etc. You knew exactly what I was talking about when I posted it.

You are 100% right I knew exactly what you meant. I ask that you take the time to try and understand what I mean when I say: "Good" is relative. Again, none of the things you have mentioned in this post or the last are "good" enough to be considered Good by God.. although we consider those things to be near saintly as a person can get. (This is why I say good Is relative) That being the case, "good" will never be able to buy anyone Christian or not, a place into Heaven.. We are in Heaven through Grace alone, despite how Good any of us think we are. That is why the Idea of worship saints is not a good idea.

Again "Goodness" is Not The reason we get into Heaven. Goodness is the effect of being in Love with the Bridegroom.

Upvote 0
R

RedRaven

The pain comes in because shortly before this experience, we will have full knowledge and understanding of God's love, and what it is He is offering to truly provide.. It is this knowledge that has every knee bowing, and every tongue confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord! At this point we all grow up, One can not undergo the exposure of this level of truth and understanding, and not experience a change.

The pain starts as we are lead away from God and his "glory" towards the great nothingness. Once through the gate all of our being is consumed by this great black void. Kinda like a hot fire.. Once completely consumed the last scrap of creation leaves you, (the control you have be given over your own mind) when the reality of eternity sinks in completely. And you are left with nothing more than the echos of frantic weeping, and the gnashing of teeth..
Not my child. And any loving Father would say the same.

In Luke 15 Jesus speaks of a physical separation as well. Know this physical separation represents a spiritual separation. Because in Luke 15 and in what I was trying to convey, was that in order for a "child" to want to leave his parent in that manner, he has to look upon the parent as being dead to him spiritually.. This is why the lost son wanted his inheritance money. Know that in either case it is not the parent who turns his back on the child, but the child who doesn't want to be with his/her Father.
It is the child that chooses to turn it away it is the Father that chooses forgiveness. And the Father in that story forgive the adult that has come to him.

In this life we are as children, and in this life we as children will always have the option to come Home. The Feelings you "feel" about your children are apart of the "image" of God you were created in..

That said, would you give the same leeway to your husband? What if you married a man who lied, cheated, and stole from you every chance he got, compounded by the fact he did not want to be with you?? Would you force him to stay? What if he was that way before you married Him? Would you have gone through with the wedding if you knew He did not love you?

In this Life we are referred to as children, but in the next, "Christians" grow into the role of a spouse.. Despite what you write, or tell me, could you honestly treat a spouse or in our case a potential spouse the same as you could treat a child? Then why would you expect God to do the same?
According to what you just wrote we are children in this life. It isn't until we are in the next life that we grow into the role of spouse. It is the lack of belief in our child-like state that our eternity is judged on.

Is there a too late for a child, no.. In this life we as children can go Home anytime.

At the point where every knee is bowed, and every tongue has confessed, we are no longer children, we are at the wedding ceremony, and if the bride hasn't professed her love to the bridegroom before now then it is too late for her to do so once she sees His riches.
By your posting thus far we aren't adults until after this life. It is the choices of the child that this determination is based. Regardless, that is not UNCONDITIONAL love. That is "you may enjoy my glory only if you loved me (and by your reasoning as a child)". Unconditional love is just that, without conditions. Unless love and servitude is given in this life love will not be returned to us in the next. The experience for ALL OF ETERNITY then is
I believe that Hell fire and brimstone doesn't even come close to what you would experience in Hell.
I say that "Fire" or the emotions generated in a person when being consumed by fire, like: extreme panic, intense fear, and an overwhelming desire for flight is what the writers were trying to convey, but again even this doesn't come close to what it is truly like to be consumed by the great void.
That is conditional love. In Luke 15 the child left, separated himself, and in that experience grew. He came back asked for forgiveness. He choose to leave, the Father choose to forgive. Even if we are wrong in this life, we see, kneel, and confess in the next. If there is a "too late" then the love is not unconditional.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.