Why Does Trump Have So Many Atheist, Agnostic, or Other Religion Detractors?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sure. Adam Schiff on the phone with Russians. Senator Mark Warner caught colluding with Russians.

Neither of whom are in the FBI... so your previous statement remains unsupported.

This entire thing would be a farce, except it's blowing up in the Dems faces, which is hilarious...

It's too bad that Donald's staffers who have been indicted (or who have already pleaded guilty) can't share the laugh...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've noticed on CF that almost to a person those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or other religion are detractors of President Trump. He does not seem to have a single supporter among these groups. Why is this? Any theories?
Because the Democratic party is chock full of them.

• Informative
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would they be welcome in the GOP?
So long as they don’t care about church state separation and can ignore the constant rhetoric about how awful they are.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

And some are, I know... but you can understand why some other non-Christians -- Atheists, Muslims, etc... might get the impression that the GOP might not have their interests at heart?

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But by the way, I have read complaining from that quarter about Trump not releasing his tax returns--which he is under no legal obligation to do--a hundred times. You would think having a birth certificate so that you can legally BE president would be a lot more important wouldn't you?

There is no legal obligation for a Presidential candidate to release their birth certificate publicly.

Obama chose to do so, without obligation.

When are we expecting to see Trump's tax returns, then?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean the one that was finally produced after five or six years of him not being able to do so?

Five or six years? No, I mean the one released just over a couple of years into his term. I'm not sure where you get "not able to do so" from, please provide some citations for the fact he couldn't provide some form of birth documentation.

You mean the one that has no original? That certificate? Even the Democratic governor of Hawaii, hoping to put an end to the Birther stuff once and for all, announced that he was personally going to find and show the original...and then had to admit, after some time looking, that it didn't exist.

No, I mean the one that the Hawaii Director of Health witnessed being produced from the original Certificate of Live Birth, and certified as a genuine copy. The one that is recognized as valid throughout the USA due to the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution.

Yeah, that certificate.

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1. He did not start it.
2. After some investigation, he rejected the idea and said that he believed Obama was born in Hawaii.

For once, you are right - he didn't start it.

How long did this "some investigation" take, before he rejected the idea? It's quite a bit longer than you are making out by using those words, isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Five or six years? No, I mean the one released just over a couple of years into his term. I'm not sure where you get "not able to do so" from....
There was nothing covert about this. It was covered by the TV and print media, so if you missed all of that, you probably ought to catch yourself up on it, considering how much you care about this subject.

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There was nothing covert about this. It was covered by the TV and print media, so if you missed all of that, you probably ought to catch yourself up on it, considering how much you care about this subject.
I didn't mention the word covert. Where did you get that from?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've noticed on CF that almost to a person those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or other religion are detractors of President Trump. He does not seem to have a single supporter among these groups. Why is this? Any theories?
Perhaps they are better than we Christians at recognizing lying, cheating and stealing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump's support does not come from the left.

Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus. Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No. And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.​
What a ......
this-is-us-crockpot.gif

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What a ......
this-is-us-crockpot.gif
Would you prefer this quote?

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you prefer this quote?

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Nice but what does it have to do in particular with the OP?

Upvote 0