Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think you should not worry, but simply accept that the Mother of God holds a unique place in the Church and especially in the heart of God. History is replete with examples of how powerful her intercessions are which is clearly represented in the hymns of the Church. It is plainly obvious that God hears her prayers and that her prayers are always in accordance with His will.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
accept that the Mother of God holds a unique place in the Church and especially in the heart of God

I most certainly do not question that!

what's the issue with the video?

I don't know, I guess I'm asking if there is an issue... maybe about quoting a chatty adversary and all that.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
accept that the Mother of God holds a unique place in the Church and especially in the heart of God.

I actually was talking about this with someone and I hastily translated a passage from a Romanian theologian (Dumitru Stăniloae - Wikipedia) that discusses the exact same thing, specifically to try to figure out the difference... I think it is the absence of love as the main reason and consequence in that chatty visitor's "body lending" explanation.

"[She] is the one from whom he got his blood, his body, his human life... It is intrinsic to Orthodoxy to never present the Mother of the Lord separate of Christ, as it occurs in the West with the Madonna paintings. She is always linked to Jesus Christ in some way. This is because she is the closest to Him. Who can be closer to her Son than a mother? He became the Son of a mother. He loves a human mother, just like we love our own mothers. He listens to her prayers, just like we listen to what our mothers ask of us. Her heart throbs for all the things His does. He came in order to love us, to be crucified for us... It is not possible for her not to love us as well... It is not possible for her not to suffer for our misfortune as He does... It is not possible for her not come to our aid just as He does... But all her power proceeds from Him alone... He alone is the Saviour. She is only the one who, through her relationship with Him, receives the power to help us through various adversities and hardships. This is why it is good to pray to her as well, as the Church does and the faithful do, asking her not for Salvation, but rather to be delivered from adversity."

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, I guess I'm asking if there is an issue... maybe about quoting a chatty adversary and all that.

not really. it's something that happens often with really holy monks and nuns.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The devil is the father of lies, a child recieves the blood of their father.
Christ could not have been born begotten by sin.
He had to be sinless perfection.
Christ forgives sin, there are no big and no small
This is why when casting out Demons you do not chat with them.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I honestly don't know, just that I had trouble listening and I felt very troubled. Even felt the need to pray right away and felt not quite right.

Again I do not have the wisdom to comment, but I am curious what you think.

I belive you have your heart pricked due to hearing that Jesus Christ owes a human anything.
What your religious beliefs are the demon knows like a book.
It has had many years to prefect it lies.
I would not reccomend listening to what they say.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
a child recieves the blood of their father.
A child receives genetic material from both mother and father, but in the case of Christ He received all of His human flesh from His mother. It is also well known that blood does cross the placental barrier and that mother and child will have some of the other's blood circulating in their bodies.

Before you respond to this post, please take note that the thread was posted in the Eastern Orthodox forum and you must abide by the rules of the Christian Community forums. You may post in fellowship or ask questions, however you are not permitted to post anything in opposition to Eastern Orthodox beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would not reccomend listening to what they say.

the demons also mix the truth with the lie to make the lie more deceptive. demons are among the first to confess that Christ is the Son of God in the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
demons also mix the truth with the lie

That is so. "Lent"... that is the word that triggered me. Christ didn't "borrow" His body. Lending versus offering. Borrowing vs. accepting it forever. He accepted to become incarnate, be born in a body (not "possessing" it), and sanctifying it and resurrecting it, ascending and glorifying it. That one word tries sow the seed that could deny everything that matters, while leaving all the events the same, but empty of meaning... And, again, the attempt to reframe the love of the Son for the mother as a "transactional" debt.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is so. "Lent"... that is the word that triggered me. Christ didn't "borrow" His body. Lending versus offering. Borrowing vs. accepting it forever. He accepted to become incarnate, be born in a body (not "possessing" it), and sanctifying it and resurrecting it, ascending and glorifying it. That one word tries sow the seed that could deny everything that matters, while leaving all the events the same, but empty of meaning... And, again, the attempt to reframe the love of the Son for the mother as a "transactional" debt.

yeah, but remember that the Fathers use a lot of words and terms to describe God's mysteries that on their own can sound off, but are taken as a whole. so saying that Mary lent God a body isn't necessarily wrong.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you should not worry, but simply accept that the Mother of God holds a unique place in the Church and especially in the heart of God. History is replete with examples of how powerful her intercessions are which is clearly represented in the hymns of the Church. It is plainly obvious that God hears her prayers and that her prayers are always in accordance with His will.
Yep. That's what the video is about.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yeah, but remember that the Fathers use a lot of words and terms to describe God's mysteries that on their own can sound off, but are taken as a whole. so saying that Mary lent God a body isn't necessarily wrong.
The demon is probably trying to frame it in a way to denigrate God, yet it simply highlights God's humility, something the demons cannot comprehend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A child receives genetic material from both mother and father, but in the case of Christ He received all of His human flesh from His mother. It is also well known that blood does cross the placental barrier and that mother and child will have some of the other's blood circulating in their bodies.

Before you respond to this post, please take note that the thread was posted in the Eastern Orthodox forum and you must abide by the rules of the Christian Community forums. You may post in fellowship or ask questions, however you are not permitted to post anything in opposition to Eastern Orthodox beliefs.

I completely understand the rules, and thank you for the reminder.
I have Certainly experienced this in my Home group, I had gotten to the point of giving up on any fellowship with like belivers.

Upvote 0