Why does the police brutality of a counterfeiting drug addict mean more workplace discrimination?

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The same police department and some of the cops there had experience with Floyd. They give the arresting cops a warning about Floyd and sure enough, he fought the cops. Did you watch the video before Chauvin arrived ?

I'm not excusing murder, because I don't believe he was murdered by Chauvin.

The jury was pressured in making a guilty verdict and ignored the facts the defense presented.
You are excusing murder and arguing that a man convicted by a jury of his peers was okay in his actions. Even accepting your false argument that Floyd fought with police officers, at the time of his murder, he was handcuffed and Chauvin placed his knee and full body weight on his neck for 9 minutes 29 seconds.

You mentioned that police officers are humans, not robots; well, most humans know that what he did was inhumane, it is wrong to obstruct someone's ability to breathe. Nonetheless, police officers are trained and know what positions and actions they should take when arresting someone. Chauvin was never trained to do what he did, and when asked to do otherwise (i.e., turn Floyd on his side), he refused. That's murder, and I think it's unconscionable to hear you justify murder and/or extrajudicial killings by law enforcement.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's still not absolute that Chauvin in fact killed Floyd.

Absolute fact. Coroner ruled that out as a possibility.

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's report released Monday ruled the death of George Floyd a homicide.

Two independent autopsies and a review all concluded his death was a homicide. The fact that a paramedic was there, realized that Floyd was dying, and begged police to be allowed to save his life just locked it down for the state.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Absolute fact. Coroner ruled that out as a possibility.

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's report released Monday ruled the death of George Floyd a homicide.

Two independent autopsies and a review all concluded his death was a homicide. The fact that a paramedic was there, realized that Floyd was dying, and begged police to be allowed to save his life just locked it down for the state.

"When asked what he believed caused Floyd's death, he pointed to what he called "severe underlying heart disease" and said Floyd's heart already would require more oxygen than normal." Derek Chauvin Trial 4/9/21: Medical examiner says heart disease, drugs contributed to but didn't cause George Floyd's death

How is a cop suppose to know that the man fighting him has a heart condition which could cause his death ?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are excusing murder and arguing that a man convicted by a jury of his peers was okay in his actions. Even accepting your false argument that Floyd fought with police officers, at the time of his murder, he was handcuffed and Chauvin placed his knee and full body weight on his neck for 9 minutes 29 seconds.

You mentioned that police officers are humans, not robots; well, most humans know that what he did was inhumane, it is wrong to obstruct someone's ability to breathe. Nonetheless, police officers are trained and know what positions and actions they should take when arresting someone. Chauvin was never trained to do what he did, and when asked to do otherwise (i.e., turn Floyd on his side), he refused. That's murder, and I think it's unconscionable to hear you justify murder and/or extrajudicial killings by law enforcement.

And you're excusing resisting arrest and fighting against the cops. You turn a blind eye to the video showing Floyd resisting arrest, something he's known for doing by the police.

You seem to want the cops to engage in a fair fight and consider suspects just mere opponents. If the cop loses the fight and the suspect flees, well the suspect must be innocent.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
And you're excusing resisting arrest and fighting against the cops. You turn a blind eye to the video showing Floyd resisting arrest, something he's known for doing by the police.

You seem to want the cops to engage in a fair fight and consider suspects just mere opponents. If the cop loses the fight and the suspect flees, well the suspect must be innocent.
Hmm, excusing resisting arrest versus excusing murder... yeah, I'll take that. If I had to take a position where I support not following directions versus taking someone's life by preventing them from breathing, I'll take not following directions for 400, Alex (RIP).

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Two independent autopsies and a review all concluded his death was a homicide.
Homicide does not mean murder and the coroner never arrived at any such conclusion. Suicide is also a homicide; 2 car accident with fatality is also a homicide.
Definition of homicide
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another detectives investigating a homicide
Definition of HOMICIDE

Don't conflate the words Barb.......

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, excusing resisting arrest versus excusing murder... yeah, I'll take that. If I had to take a position where I support not following directions versus taking someone's life by preventing them from breathing, I'll take not following directions for 400, Alex (RIP).

So you would prefer that the cop get his head kicked in rather then defending himself if it means shooting and killing the other person ?

FYI, years back I studied martial arts as taught by an instructor who also taught cops and prison guards.

Chauvin did not have Floyd in a choke hold. The complete weight of his knee wasn't on Floyds neck but on the knee that was on the ground. It's a common jujitsu hold and seen in MA competitions.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Homicide does not mean murder and the coroner never arrived at any such conclusion. Suicide is also a homicide; 2 car accident with fatality is also a homicide.
Definition of homicide
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another detectives investigating a homicide
Definition of HOMICIDE

Don't conflate the words Barb.......
A homicide that was proven to be a murder, resulting in the conviction of the killer.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The same police department and some of the cops there had experience with Floyd. They give the arresting cops a warning about Floyd and sure enough, he fought the cops. Did you watch the video before Chauvin arrived ?

I'm not excusing murder, because I don't believe he was murdered by Chauvin.

The jury was pressured in making a guilty verdict and ignored the facts the defense presented.
If it was not murder, is he culpable for the death in any way?

You do know that police officers are neither judges nor executioners correct? Do you believe it is lawful to lynch criminals? In a lynching, there are 12 citizens who have found a suspect guilty. They pass and carry out sentences on the spot. Similar circumstances.

We Catholics have great respect for life. Do you respect Floyd's right to life? He never posed a deadly threat yet his life was taken. You don't see a problem with that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmm, excusing resisting arrest versus excusing murder... yeah, I'll take that.
If he hadn't resisted he would almost certainly still be alive......at least for a while longer until the fentanyl fully kicked in and he goes into respiratory arrest.......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A homicide that was proven to be a murder, resulting in the conviction of the killer.
That is one instance of a homicide but certainly not the only one.....the the coroner never called it a 'murder'......not for him make the decision.
Outside of that let's see what happens on appeal......something tells me there will be a retrial.......

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
If he hadn't resisted he would almost certainly still be alive......at least for a while longer until the fentanyl fully kicked in and he goes into respiratory arrest.......
If he hadn't resisted arrest, he wouldn't have been murdered... yeah, I'll keep saying it, you all need to stop making excuses for murder.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If he hadn't resisted arrest, he wouldn't have been murdered... yeah, I'll keep saying it, you all need to stop making excuses for murder.
No one is making excuses for murder. I personally believe, based on reading coverage of the trial, that there is a better than 50/50 chance that conviction will be overturned. Ever read about someone convicted of murder and later released because of retrial......tainted evidence......declared mistrial.......?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The last part is especially true..........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That is one instance of a homicide but certainly not the only one.....the the coroner never called it a 'murder'......not for him make the decision.
Outside of that let's see what happens on appeal......something tells me there will be a retrial.......
WHy because he's white? Should blacks be allowed to have civil right? Is it ok for police to MURDER citizens in some cases?
So you would prefer that the cop get his head kicked in rather then defending himself if it means shooting and killing the other person ?

FYI, years back I studied martial arts as taught by an instructor who also taught cops and prison guards.

Chauvin did not have Floyd in a choke hold. The complete weight of his knee wasn't on Floyds neck but on the knee that was on the ground. It's a common jujitsu hold and seen in MA competitions.

Oh he didn't have him in a choke hold, he just has half his body weight on his neck. Whats could go wrong with a knee on one side and blacktop on the other? No pressure on the windpipe or jugular in that situation? Why does it seem you are excusing his murder? Is it because he's black and his life has no real value when you're black and have a drug addiction? Do white drug addicts' lives have value?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
WHy because he's white?
Broaden your thinking. Have you read the transcripts? If not you want to try before commenting.....
The last par is especially speculation.
What part? This one:
New documents filed in the George Floyd case give new information about the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's findings in Floyd's autopsy.

"If he were found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified with levels of 3," Baker told investigators.

In another new document, Baker said, "That is a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances."

But then Baker added, "I am not saying this killed him."

New court docs say George Floyd had "fatal level" of fentanyl in his system

Or the part that fentanyl OD causes respiratory failure? "Respiratory depression that leads to brain hypoxia is perhaps the most dangerous symptom of acute intoxication with opioids, and it could result in lethality."
Respiratory depression and brain hypoxia induced by opioid drugs: Morphine, oxycodone, heroin, and fentanyl - PubMed

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The last par is especially speculation.
It's all speculation and I don't understand it. They really look at a man with his knee on someone's neck and think there is nothing wrong it. Then again, I remember people defending the murder of Walter Scott. But if you mention a terrorist like Ashley Babbitt, now all of a sudden a great injustice has been perpetrated.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Broaden your thinking. Have you read the transcripts? If not you want to try before commenting.....

What part? This one:
New documents filed in the George Floyd case give new information about the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's findings in Floyd's autopsy.

"If he were found dead at home alone and no other apparent causes, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified with levels of 3," Baker told investigators.

In another new document, Baker said, "That is a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances."

But then Baker added, "I am not saying this killed him."

New court docs say George Floyd had "fatal level" of fentanyl in his system

Or the part that fentanyl OD causes respiratory failure? "Respiratory depression that leads to brain hypoxia is perhaps the most dangerous symptom of acute intoxication with opioids, and it could result in lethality."
Respiratory depression and brain hypoxia induced by opioid drugs: Morphine, oxycodone, heroin, and fentanyl - PubMed
He did not have an acute intoxication of fentanyl, the amount in his system was not fatal. You had experts testimony on this very subject:

Video: Toxicologist testifies on drug levels in George Floyd’s system compared to DUI cases

This is the problem with denialism, they ignore the facts, and sadly all to defend murder.

Upvote 0