Why does the police brutality of a counterfeiting drug addict mean more workplace discrimination?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Being more conscious of racism is a good thing. Everyone should ask themselves, "am I racist? What stereotypes do I believe?"

I grew up in a place where racism was quite normal. I like to think I don't have any, but every now and then, I find that it's still hiding back in my mind somewhere. Not long ago, I formed an instant and rather negative opinion of a person while I was waiting for service in a fast food place. His clothing, his loud behavior, and yes, a white girlfriend fit all the stereotypes.

But when someone in the line became abusive and threatening to the manager over the long wait time, it was that gentleman who stepped up, told him to stop and sit down, and when the manager apologized for the wait, that gentleman shook his hand and told him he was doing just fine.

And I got a necessary lesson. No one who grew up in America is completely free of racism. No one.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
This is what is at the heart of the matter. Recognizing our preconceived notions and questioning them will always result in learning something and my be more likely to reserve judgment. THat's all anybody can ask for in terms of what to do about bigotry.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That's not what CRT says, but I understand, you probably haven't read what CRT actually says, rather what people criticizing it say.
Critical race theorists believe that racism is an everyday experience for most people of color, and that a large part of society has no interest in doing away with it because it benefits White elites.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/us/critical-race-theory-explainer-trnd/index.html

You don't have to be a genius to connect the dots.......

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Critical race theorists believe that racism is an everyday experience for most people of color, and that a large part of society has no interest in doing away with it because it benefits White elites.
What critical race theory is -- and isn't - CNN

You don't have to be a genius to connect the dots.......
You don't have to be genius to see your statement and the quoted sentence here do not say the same thing.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You don't have to be genius to see your statement and the quoted sentence here do not say the same thing.
You are right, a person can simply disregard anything they don't agree with......

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Critical Race Theory CRT, is controversial and is difficult to define today, as it's changed over the past 40 years or more.

If it can't be clearly defined and agreed on, it shouldn't be part of any school system.

Today, it causes more division than bring society together.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to CRT only whites are racist, everyone else are victims.

I'm sure you have a video somewhere of a black cop summarily executing a helpless white man while his fellow black cops look on and fail to stop him. At least, I'm sure it happened somewhere.

But not very often, um? CRT seems to have become a handy excuse for white nationalists to excuse murders of black men.

Well, let's take a look. He said:
According to CRT only whites are racist, everyone else are victims.

Then he cited a source:

Uh, O.K., actually they aren't at all the same things. Sorry.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you have a video somewhere of a black cop summarily executing a helpless white man while his fellow black cops look on and fail to stop him.

I'm sure you have a video of a white cop executing a helpless black man while his fellow white cops look on and fail to stop him ?

But besides the video, be sure to include arrest made on the person prior to the video, so we have an idea of how the cops knew who they were dealing with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm sure you have a video somewhere of a black cop summarily executing a helpless white man while his fellow black cops look on and fail to stop him. At least, I'm sure it happened somewhere.

But not very often, um? CRT seems to have become a handy excuse for white nationalists to excuse murders of black men.

Well, let's take a look. He said:

Then he cited a source:

Uh, O.K., actually they aren't at all the same things. Sorry.
See #27.......

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure you have a video of a white cop executing a helpless black man while his fellow white cops look on and fail to stop him ?

Yes. It was played in court when the thug who murdered him was convicted.

Those cops who did nothing to stop him, have been arrested on lesser charges.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
There is actual video like that...

But besides the video, be sure to include arrest made on the person prior to the video, so we have an idea of how the cops knew who they were dealing with..
Prior actions are irrelevant once the person is arrested and in custody. The person could have gone into a church and murdered nine people in cold blood and once you have the killer in custody, police officers should not be using any form of violence against the arrestee. I just described Dylann Roof, he should not be murdered for killing, just as George Floyd should not have been murdered. Why is this a novel concept?

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Prior actions are irrelevant once the person is arrested and in custody. The person could have gone into a church and murdered nine people in cold blood and once you have the killer in custody, police officers should not be using any form of violence against the arrestee.

That's a fundamental principle of our justice system. Unfortunately, some police, in some places, have taken it upon themselves to assume judicial and punishment functions whenever it appears that the person targeted is powerless to stop them.

The ubiquity of cell phone cameras have made this practice dangerous, and police unions in many places have lobbied to make it illegal to photograph police. Often, they will tell onlookers that it is illegal. Sometimes they will even steal the phone from a citizen and remove the images. This is why the Supreme Court of the United States recently made it illegal to even take a cell phone without a warrant, and why some states have removed qualified immunity for police who violate the First Amendment in that way.

If a brave teen-aged girl had not recorded Chauvin killing his victim, he might well have escaped justice. The initial police report called it a "medical emergency."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is actual video like that...

Prior actions are irrelevant once the person is arrested and in custody. The person could have gone into a church and murdered nine people in cold blood and once you have the killer in custody, police officers should not be using any form of violence against the arrestee. I just described Dylann Roof, he should not be murdered for killing, just as George Floyd should not have been murdered. Why is this a novel concept?

Not for the cops doing the arrest who had experience with a violent person in the past.

They prepare psychologically and physically for the action the suspect will take based on their past experience. This is in fact what took place.

Cops are human beings, not robots without feelings or emotions based on prior experience with a suspect.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a fundamental principle of our justice system. Unfortunately, some police, in some places, have taken it upon themselves to assume judicial and punishment functions whenever it appears that the person targeted is powerless to stop them.

The ubiquity of cell phone cameras have made this practice dangerous, and police unions in many places have lobbied to make it illegal to photograph police. Often, they will tell onlookers that it is illegal. Sometimes they will even steal the phone from a citizen and remove the images. This is why the Supreme Court of the United States recently made it illegal to even take a cell phone without a warrant, and why some states have removed qualified immunity for police who violate the First Amendment in that way.

If a brave teen-aged girl had not recorded Chauvin killing his victim, he might well have escaped justice. The initial police report called it a "medical emergency."

It's still not absolute that Chauvin in fact killed Floyd. Floyd having fentanyl in his system makes the verdict of murder suspect.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Not for the cops doing the arrest who had experience with a violent person in the past.

They prepare psychologically and physically for the action the suspect will take based on their past experience. This is in fact what took place.

Cops are human beings, not robots without feelings or emotions based on prior experience with a suspect.
He didn't have prop experience with him. Why are you excusing murder? Because he was black, he tried to counterfeit, or because he was a drug addict. Which of those crimes warrants summary execution on the spot with no trial?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's still not absolute that Chauvin in fact killed Floyd. Floyd having fentanyl in his system makes the verdict of murder suspect.
Why because he was found guilty based n the evidence? Even if he was overdosing on Fentanyl in his system, it was not the cause of death as indicated by the autopsy.

Drug addiction is a medical condition so even if his breathing was strained by opiates, the actions of the officer killed the man. No knee on the neck, no life lost. That was established very well in the court. Could your doubt be your feeling that black people are second class citizens who don't deserve the due process of law? "If they act up we take we out back and shoot 'em." Is that the sort of justice you desire?

If not, you would know the rule of law found the man guilty and now maybe even the officers who stood around and made it happen. Poice are obligated to stop any crime they witness. They we witnessing police brutality laws being broken and did nothing.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He didn't have prop experience with him. Why are you excusing murder? Because he was black, he tried to counterfeit, or because he was a drug addict. Which of those crimes warrants summary execution on the spot with no trial?

The same police department and some of the cops there had experience with Floyd. They give the arresting cops a warning about Floyd and sure enough, he fought the cops. Did you watch the video before Chauvin arrived ?

I'm not excusing murder, because I don't believe he was murdered by Chauvin.

The jury was pressured in making a guilty verdict and ignored the facts the defense presented.

Upvote 0