St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know this has been asked on CF before. I came across this in God In Search of Man:
"If a plant is uprooted from its soil, removed from its native winds, sun-rays and terrestrial environment, and kept in a hothouse- will observations made of such a plant disclose its primordial nature?"

People say the truth found in the Bible transcends time...it's as true today as it was 2k years ago. Ok...well the observations made about that hothouse plant would be true....but would it be fully accurate?

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know this has been asked on CF before. I came across this in God In Search of Man:
"If a plant is uprooted from its soil, removed from its native winds, sun-rays and terrestrial environment, and kept in a hothouse- will observations made of such a plant disclose its primordial nature?"

People say the truth found in the Bible transcends time...it's as true today as it was 2k years ago. Ok...well the observations made about that hothouse plant would be true....but would it be fully accurate?

It transcends time because the events in the Bible and society are very much cyclic. That is how all of this end of the world prophecy stuff keeps on going around. It has already happened but because the prochecies are vague, it can be applied to society in the 1800's, 1900's and even today.

The historical Jesus is important to me because of how much more human he becomes. How much more I can relate to and understand Him as a person. The whole story of Jesus has more meaning to me now than everything I learned in seminary (conservative seminary training-BOO!!).

Last edited:
Upvote 0