Why does Ken Ham think that the Universe is only 6,000 years old?

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What if all the hell we ever suffered was right here in this life? That is still enough reward or punishment for any reasonable person to want to follow the teaching of the Bible. Christians on the average live 5 years longer. What sort of an evolutionary advantage does that give Christians over the people that do not have that five years of life.

"Asserting that the truth of the Bible holds the key to healthy living, this book (None of these Diseses) identifies how many life-threatening medical conditions could be prevented through living a committed Christian life and following the instructions in the Old and New Testament."

http://www.amazon.com/None-These-Diseases-S-McMillen/dp/0800752333

Science has lots of pills to prescribe and surgical procedures. But the better choice is to eat right, exercise and control your stress. High nutrition low calorie whole food whole grain diet can go a long way toward good health. Of course this is one area that science and religion agree.

When has science and medicine, ever denied it is best to; eat right, exercise, not smoke and control stress?

You do realize, people still get sick and incur disease even when they use their best efforts to do the above, right?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if we want to be successful then we should go into the show business and invite people to walk in our shoes? I remember one shoe store where they use to put just one shoe out and if you wanted to buy them they had to go back room and get the other shoe. People would still steal that one shoe. They had a bunch of shoes that did not have a mate.

You should think of the benefit to others first.
How you do that is secret to success.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should believe that which the evidence supports.

All the evidence that we can gather supports the accuracy of the scriptures.
There are events before written history, that cannot be confirmed.
Like what was the exact temperature at your front door, 15 minutes ago?

Upvote 0

Ben West

Jun 2, 2015
✟7,857.00
Faith
Christian
You should believe that which the evidence supports.

Amen and since Scripture AGREES in every way with every discovery of Science and History, EXCEPT the False Theory of Evolution, ALL of the actual evidence supports God's account IF you have the proper interpretation. IF God's Truth IS the Truth, then it MUST agree with the discoveries of mankind. Amen?

Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amen and since Scripture AGREES in every way with every discovery of Science and History, EXCEPT the False Theory of Evolution, ALL of the actual evidence supports God's account IF you have the proper interpretation. IF God's Truth IS the Truth, then it MUST agree with the discoveries of mankind. Amen?

You have been making the same claims for a long time. I have yet to see you support your claim, that the theory of evolution is false.

Upvote 0

Ben West

Jun 2, 2015
✟7,857.00
Faith
Christian
You have been making the same claims for a long time. I have yet to see you support your claim, that the theory of evolution is false.

It's easy Scripturally since Gen 2:4-7 shows that Adam was made on the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants, herbs and trees and long Before ANY other living creature including the common ancestor of Apes, which evolved from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Adam was FIRST made. First made's cannot evolve from any other being.

It's easy Scientifically since NO one can repeat the SAME combination of magical positive mutations, along with the enormous lengths of time necessary, to change animals into Humans (descendants of Adam). Eliminating the INHERITANCE of Human intelligence from ANOTHER Human is Scientifically FALSE. NO other Apes have repeated the process.

It's easy to show Historically since the following Map shows the arrival of the FIRST Humans on this planet of the sons of God (prehistoric people). Before Noah arrived there was NO Farming, NO city building, NOR any of the traits of modern Humans on this Earth. Arriving ONLY in the last 1% of the time since prehistoric people diverged from Chimps, Humans (descendants of Adam) have taken us to the Moon and Back.

http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/map00-fc.html

As you should be able to see, Evolution is refuted Scripturally, Scientifically and Historically. By rejecting God's Story of the Flood, the Scoffers of the last days have exposed their False Theory as nothing but smoke. Amen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's easy Scripturally since Gen 2:4-7 shows that Adam was made on the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants, herbs and trees and long Before ANY other living creature including the common ancestor of Apes, which evolved from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Adam was FIRST made. First made's cannot evolve from any other being.

It's easy Scientifically since NO one can repeat the SAME combination of magical positive mutations, along with the enormous lengths of time necessary, to change animals into Humans (descendants of Adam). Eliminating the INHERITANCE of Human intelligence from ANOTHER Human is Scientifically FALSE. NO other Apes have repeated the process.

It's easy to show Historically since the following Map shows the arrival of the FIRST Humans on this planet of the sons of God (prehistoric people). Before Noah arrived there was NO Farming, NO city building, NOR any of the traits of modern Humans on this Earth. Arriving ONLY in the last 1% of the time since prehistoric people diverged from Chimps, Humans (descendants of Adam) have taken us to the Moon and Back.

As you should be able to see, Evolution is refuted Scripturally, Scientifically and Historically. By rejecting God's Story of the Flood, the Scoffers of the last days have exposed their False Theory as nothing but smoke. Amen?

Scripture doesn't qualify, as reliable scientific evidence.

Upvote 0

Ben West

Jun 2, 2015
✟7,857.00
Faith
Christian
Try again?

It's easy Scripturally to show that Evolution is FALSE since Gen 2:4-7 shows that Adam was made on the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants, herbs and trees and long Before ANY other living creature including the common ancestor of Apes, which evolved from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Adam was FIRST made. First made's cannot evolve from any other being.

It's easy Scientifically since NO one can repeat the combination of magical positive mutations, along with the enormous lengths of time necessary, to change animals into Humans (descendants of Adam). Eliminating inheriting Human intelligence from another Human is Scientifically False. No other Apes have repeated the process.

It's easy to show Historically since the following Map shows the arrival of the first Humans on this planet of the sons of God (prehistoric people). Before Noah arrived there was NO Farming, NO city building, NOR any of the traits of modern Humans on this Earth. Arriving only in the last 1% of the time since prehistoric people diverged from Chimps, Humans (descendants of Adam) have taken us to the Moon and Back safely.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Try again?

It's easy Scripturally to show that Evolution is FALSE since Gen 2:4-7 shows that Adam was made on the 3rd Day BEFORE the plants, herbs and trees and long Before ANY other living creature including the common ancestor of Apes, which evolved from the water on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Adam was FIRST made. First made's cannot evolve from any other being.

It's easy Scientifically since NO one can repeat the combination of magical positive mutations, along with the enormous lengths of time necessary, to change animals into Humans (descendants of Adam). Eliminating inheriting Human intelligence from another Human is Scientifically False. No other Apes have repeated the process.

It's easy to show Historically since the following Map shows the arrival of the first Humans on this planet of the sons of God (prehistoric people). Before Noah arrived there was NO Farming, NO city building, NOR any of the traits of modern Humans on this Earth. Arriving only in the last 1% of the time since prehistoric people diverged from Chimps, Humans (descendants of Adam) have taken us to the Moon and Back safely.

People can claim just about anything using scripture.

Showing scripture is scientifically accurate, is another story, which you have not accomplished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ben West

Jun 2, 2015
✟7,857.00
Faith
Christian
People can claim just about anything using scripture.

Showing scripture is scientifically accurate, is another story, which you have not accomplished.

Then refute me (prove me wrong) and show my error either Scientifically, Scripturally or Historically. I showed YOU the evidence from all three that the ToE is False. Can't you show me where I'm wrong in just One way? Disagreeing with me is NOT supporting your view. Is it? Amen?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then refute me (prove me wrong) and show my error either Scientifically, Scripturally or Historically. I showed YOU the evidence from all three that the ToE is False. Can't you show me where I'm wrong in just One way? Disagreeing with me is NOT supporting your view. Is it? Amen?

Aman, you have not shown where the evidence for evolution is false. I understand you really, really need to believe you have though.

Upvote 0

Not_By_Chance

Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟39,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Earth isn't 6000 years old. It's 4.5 billion years old.
Really? You might question that idea if you watched the two astronomy videos by Spike Psarris (available from www.creationastronomy.com), which highlights the masses of problems that exist with the standard cosmology that everyone is being indoctrinated with by the mass media these days (in just the same way that they are being brainwashed to believe that biological [macro] evolution is true, despite any supporting evidence to support it). I can't wait to see his next DVD dealing with problems with the Big Bang theory amongst other things. I believe the Bible is God's word and because it's from God, it doesn't contain errors in it's message, so on that basis, the earth has to be around 6,000 years old and certainly not millions or billions of years.

Upvote 0

Not_By_Chance

Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟39,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Really? You might question that idea if you watched the two astronomy videos by Spike Psarris (available from www.creationastronomy.com), which highlights the masses of problems that exist with the standard cosmology that everyone is being indoctrinated with by the mass media these days (in just the same way that they are being brainwashed to believe that biological [macro] evolution is true, despite any supporting evidence to support it). I can't wait to see his next DVD dealing with problems with the Big Bang theory amongst other things. I believe the Bible is God's word and because it's from God, it doesn't contain errors in it's message, so on that basis, the earth has to be around 6,000 years old and certainly not millions or billions of years.

Upvote 0

Not_By_Chance

Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟39,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

How do the majority of astronomers feel about the opinions of spike?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that if science is providing certain information, it seems redundant to go to a secondary source with vague analogies to said information.
In my case science simply did not have what I needed and was looking for. I found what I needed in the Bible. If science could have provided for my needs then I would not have had to look anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Ben West

Jun 2, 2015
✟7,857.00
Faith
Christian
Aman, you have not shown where the evidence for evolution is false. I understand you really, really need to believe you have though.

False, unless you have better evidence of when prehistoric people SUDDENLY began to farm in the valleys of the mountains of Ararat. In fact, I haven't seen ANY evidence yet. Can't you refute the Historic Evidence of the Fertile Crescent?

Do you think evolution SUDDENLY does anything? Of course not especially since it happened exactly as God told us it did, in Genesis and God even names the FIRST Human cities on this Earth and today's History agrees.

Can you see the knees of the False Theory of Evolution beginning to buckle? It's a clear choice to believe God OR the False Theories of men. Amen?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
False, unless you have better evidence of when prehistoric people SUDDENLY began to farm in the valleys of the mountains of Ararat. In fact, I haven't seen ANY evidence yet. Can't you refute the Historic Evidence of the Fertile Crescent?

Do you think evolution SUDDENLY does anything? Of course not especially since it happened exactly as God told us it did, in Genesis and God even names the FIRST Human cities on this Earth and today's History agrees.

Can you see the knees of the False Theory of Evolution beginning to buckle? It's a clear choice to believe God OR the False Theories of men. Amen?

You haven't changed aman.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize, people still get sick and incur disease even when they use their best efforts to do the above, right?
Seldom do they get sick if they follow the best of what Science has to offer. Still religion can go beyond science.

Usually the criteria they go by is surgery and medications. Often if people follow the right diet they may not need to take the medications and they can avoid surgery. For example one case where the patient was on the list for a heart transplant. With the right diet and exercise program they made enough progress so that a transplant was no longer needed. This is an example of the results that can been seen with this sort of a approach.

Upvote 0