Why does Ken Ham think that the Universe is only 6,000 years old?

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
What we read in a book written over 3,000 years ago is confirmed to be true by modern science today. We do come from the ground or the elements of the earth. We are a product of our environment or eco system. The DNA is in the bone marrow and you can take the DNA from the rib of a man to create a women.
I had no idea that you had a 3000-year-old science book. So, how exactly do you create a woman from the DNA of a man's rib? Have you done it already? Was this in the news?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had no idea that you had a 3000-year-old science book. So, how exactly do you create a woman from the DNA of a man's rib? Have you done it already? Was this in the news?
My science books are two updates behind. That is the real cost break in savings. In the universities the professors only allow the students to go back one update to save money. What I said was the college text science books I use confirms that the Bible is 100% accurate and true with no contradictions at all. I realize others do not arrive at this conclusion but that is the conclusion that I arrive at. What I said was that all the DNA needed for the women can be found in the man. Paul in his letter to the Corinthian Church says: "For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.". That pretty much says it all. Eve came from Adam. Christ was born of a women: Mary. A whole book could be written from the implication of this rather simple statement Paul is making. Eve of course would be the most recent matriarch, even though Adams mother would be a Matriarch also. Hagar the Egyptian would be the most recent Matriarch for the Arab Muslim nation with Abraham being the Patriarch. Sarah of course would be the most recent Matriarch for the Hebrew nation or what we call Israel.

The Mitochondrial DNA comes from the women. So Adam's Mitochondrial DNA he would have gotten from his mother. If Eve came from Adam then Eve would have had the Mitochondrial DNA from Adams mother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My science books are two updates behind. That is the real cost break in savings. In the universities the professors only allow the students to go back one update to save money. What I said was the college text science books I use confirms that the Bible is 100% accurate and true with no contradictions at all. I realize others do not arrive at this conclusion but that is the conclusion that I arrive at.

I often look at a list of such "contradictions" and cross the top few off
with little effort. Then I can gauge the author didn't even try to
eliminate any problems by thinking.

So far, I have never seen a critic even suggest that the contradiction was weak.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
My science books are two updates behind. That is the real cost break in savings. In the universities the professors only allow the students to go back one update to save money. What I said was the college text science books I use confirms that the Bible is 100% accurate and true with no contradictions at all. I realize others do not arrive at this conclusion but that is the conclusion that I arrive at.
They were probably were not starting with the same conclusion you were.
What I said was that all the DNA needed for the women can be found in the man. Paul in his letter to the Corinthian Church says: "For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.". That pretty much says it all. Eve came from Adam. Christ was born of a women: Mary. A whole book could be written from the implication of this rather simple statement Paul is making. Eve of course would be the most recent matriarch, even though Adams mother would be a Matriarch also. Hagar the Egyptian would be the most recent Matriarch for the Arab Muslim nation with Abraham being the Patriarch. Sarah of course would be the most recent Matriarch for the Hebrew nation or what we call Israel.

The Mitochondrial DNA comes from the women. So Adam's Mitochondrial DNA he would have gotten from his mother. If Eve came from Adam then Eve would have had the Mitochondrial DNA from Adams mother.
So what you said was empty rhetoric. I figured as much.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“Selling eternal life is an unbeatable business, with no customers ever asking for their money back after the goods are not delivered.” Victor J. Stenger
Who sells eternal life?[VERSE=Isaiah 55:1,KJV]Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.[/VERSE][verse=Acts 8:20, kjv]But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.[/verse]Perhaps Mr. Stenger has been spending his Sundays in a store, rather than in a church?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My science books are two updates behind. That is the real cost break in savings. In the universities the professors only allow the students to go back one update to save money. What I said was the college text science books I use confirms that the Bible is 100% accurate and true with no contradictions at all. I realize others do not arrive at this conclusion but that is the conclusion that I arrive at. What I said was that all the DNA needed for the women can be found in the man. Paul in his letter to the Corinthian Church says: "For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.". That pretty much says it all. Eve came from Adam. Christ was born of a women: Mary. A whole book could be written from the implication of this rather simple statement Paul is making. Eve of course would be the most recent matriarch, even though Adams mother would be a Matriarch also. Hagar the Egyptian would be the most recent Matriarch for the Arab Muslim nation with Abraham being the Patriarch. Sarah of course would be the most recent Matriarch for the Hebrew nation or what we call Israel.

If you start with the premise everything in the book is 100% accurate, it makes everything much easier. No requirement to question anything, or to even contemplate assessing and or accepting contradictory information, no matter how well evidenced. No need to learn about other concepts etc...

It is the ultimate; hit the easy button way to go.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you think it's easy, I invite you to walk a mile in my shoes.

It is easy in the sense that you have all your answers and no need to even attempt to learn anything else, and certainly not anything that would contradict this 100% accurate philosophy.

Where your position becomes difficult, is dealing with the majority who clearly understand and accept contradictory evidence to your position and warding off the cognitive dissonance that comes along with all that evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is easy in the sense that you have all your answers and no need to even attempt to learn anything else,
Those answers didn't come to me overnight.

They are the product of 33 years of study.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Who sells eternal life?
Does not your religion include a promise of eternal life?
[VERSE=Isaiah 55:1,KJV]Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.[/VERSE][verse=Acts 8:20, kjv]But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.[/verse]Perhaps Mr. Stenger has been spending his Sundays in a store, rather than in a church?
The church is the store.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does not your religion include a promise of eternal life?
Not for money or effort.[VERSE=Ephesians 2:8-9,KJV][VERSENUM]8[/VERSENUM] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [VERSENUM]9[/VERSENUM] Not of works, lest any man should boast.[/VERSE]GRACE = GOD'S RICHES AT CHRIST'S EXPENSE

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you start with the premise everything in the book is 100% accurate, it makes everything much easier.
Not really because I still reconcile the Bible with Science. So its more difficult but I learn more then I would otherwise. Like Cher says: If fitness came in a bottle then everyone would be healthy. If my premise were easy everyone would jump on the band wagon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not for money or effort.[VERSE=Ephesians 2:8-9,KJV][VERSENUM]8[/VERSENUM] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [VERSENUM]9[/VERSENUM] Not of works, lest any man should boast.[/VERSE]GRACE = GOD'S RICHES AT CHRIST'S EXPENSE
I just heard a sermon on Grace. It is more than forgiveness for sin.
Grace is the power of God in our lives so we can live free from sin.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really because I still reconcile the Bible with Science. So its more difficult but I learn more then I would otherwise. Like Cher says: If fitness came in a bottle then everyone would be healthy. If my premise were easy everyone would jump on the band wagon.

What specifically in science do you use to reconcile the bible?

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Not for money or effort.
We know Ken Ham pulls in up to 176K per year with his pitch.
[VERSE=Ephesians 2:8-9,KJV][VERSENUM]8[/VERSENUM] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [VERSENUM]9[/VERSENUM] Not of works, lest any man should boast.[/VERSE]GRACE = GOD'S RICHES AT CHRIST'S EXPENSE
TGTSHTHTAH = The God That Sacrificed Himself To Himself To Appease Himself.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TGTSHTHTAH = The God That Sacrificed Himself To Himself To Appease Himself.
We call that: "His righteousness."[VERSE=Romans 3:26,KJV]To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.[/VERSE][VERSE=1 John 2:1-2,KJV][VERSENUM]1[/VERSENUM] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [VERSENUM]2[/VERSENUM] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.[/VERSE]

Upvote 0