✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Okay. Let's get specific then.

What "foolishness" do you think the OP should stop?
His multiple OPs in trying to convince folks about the importance of Mary by using vague scripture references that pour more meaning into them than what is there.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You can believe whatever you want, bit that does not make it biblical? Jesus does say to His disciples: behold YOUR mother! The language of scripture is not the person John but the disciple standing there, the reference is to the disciple, I did not say you were not His disciple, you did when you said Mary is not your Mother!
He said that to the disciple Jesus loved, which throughout the gospel of John is a reference to John.

And He said disciple, singular. He didn’t even say it to the disciples.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Gen 3:15 the woman is eve? Lol! That's hilarious, can't stop laughing!

Really it is her (eve's) seed who crushes Satan's head, I thought Mary was the mother of Jesus Christ our Savior! The one who defeated Satan on the cross! The woman is Mary, Eve was in with Satan, Mary and Satan are at enmity, you read Gen 3:15 in Rev 12 you see the hatred, enmity of Satan had for Mary and even for us her children!

When you get done laughing spend some time actually studying scripture. That way you will waste less of our time and yours. Hammster is right you should stop this foolishness.
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Is it not logical that the Bible refers to a personal name like Peter or James Or John that it only applies to that person? Yes or no?
For example: Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip. Therefore the angel only told Philip no one else! Yes or no?
When the Bible uses not a personal name applied to only that person, but the word disciple, it must be a reference to all who are disciples! Yes or no? It's only logical! I know it's asking a lot of a Protestant to be logical! But It is what it is!
Yes, He only spoke to Philip. And when He spoke to a disciple, it was singular. When He spoke to disciples, it was more than one.

Context matter. A text without context is a pretext. Which you’ve demonstrated quite nicely.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His multiple OPs in trying to convince folks about the importance of Mary by using vague scripture references that pour more meaning into them than what is there.
The only ones I've seen have been posted in this sub-forum. So why should multiple threads addressing different aspects of Mariology be a problem?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gen 3:15 the woman is eve? Lol! That's hilarious, can't stop laughing!

Genesis 3:14-20, God speaking immediately after Adam and Eve commit the first sin, eating the forbidden fruit.

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟567,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 3:14-20, God speaking immediately after Adam and Eve commit the first sin, eating the forbidden fruit.

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
Recently while rereading Genesis, it struck me that Eve was not named Eve until after the fall. God chose to call her Woman. Adam chose to call her Eve. So Jesus calling his mother Woman is definitely not a slight and could be a referral back to the first Woman. That is what the OP is trying to focus on.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟567,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Because Mary is the sign that Jesus is the Messiah, the savior, Gen 3:5 I shall put enmity between you and the woman, "the woman is Mary"
Too much focus on the title Woman can keep one from seeing the interplay going on here. For a long time, I saw Jesus as someone who had this wonderful secret that he was God Incarnate. It was my assumption that he alone knew this. Then in reading the other gospels, I realized that Mary would have known who her Son was. After all she was told by an angel and I don't think she would forget that. John's Gospel concentrates on the divinity of Christ and his omniscience at knowing all, including the hour that was to come, meaning his Passion. If we assume that he told his mother about his need to walk towards his Passion to ready her for that trial, then when he says "Mine hour is not yet come.", it can be seen as having a subtext of "Woman, do you know what you are really asking? If I perform this miracle, then our secret will be out and this will be the first step that inevitably leads to the cross." Mary's response, "Do whatever he tells you." let's Jesus know that she accepts that destiny without putting any command on him to actually perform the miracle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums