Why does Jesus' Resurrection constitute indisputable proof that He was God?

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟648,546.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I do not have a problem with the ressurection, I do not have a problem with the splitting of the sea either,
but you say only candidate.

Were there any mighty acts of the Almighty ever performed without people being involved?

Does not mean any one of the involved is Him.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would say that you have to make a choice based on your own authority and on what we know of Jesus to come to a conclusion of who Jesus is until we have some kind of better method of knowing the truth which I think Jesus shows the way to and that no one except God can show to them.

so I think a better proof is to exist in reality as much as possible and God is the highest reality. Christ is the true anthropology of mankind.

I don't think that God requires any kind of proof or evidence. only humans seek such things because they are uncertain about reality. we should emulate God as much as we can.

Matt 16:13-17 (YLT)
And Jesus, having come to the parts of Caesarea Philippi, was asking his disciples, saying, `Who do men say me to be--the Son of Man?' and they said, `Some, John the Baptist, and others, Elijah, and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.' He saith to them, `And ye--who do ye say me to be?' and Simon Peter answering said, `Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus answering said to him, `Happy art thou, Simon Bar-Jona, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to thee, but my Father who is in the heavens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here are some potential explanations for Jesus' Resurrection that our current science cannot explain, but do not go against reason:

- Jesus could have been a superior life form from another planet who possessed advanced holographic technology that allowed Him to alter human perception or transform His appearance to make Himself look human, or / and who was biologically advanced enough as to regenerate and revive Himself after physical death.

- Jesus could have been a human time traveler from the future who possessed advanced technology that allowed Him to revive humans (research in nanotechnology hypothesizes that it is possible for nanites to be inserted into human cells to instantly duplicate them whenever they are about to be destroyed).

- Jesus could have been someone (an angel? a spirit?) sent by God to test His people whether they obey what was said in Deuteronomy 13:1-2-18. I mean, God is known for testing people throughout the Old Testament.
And then there is the Scriptural explanation of the resurrection;

That Father YHWH created His Son Yeshua as a 100% human child in the womb of Miriam. YHWH later resurrected him from the dead through His mighty power as Creator of the heavens and the earth.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lee Strobel and several Christian apologists have focused on proving that Jesus' Resurrection actually happened as an indisputable argument that He was The Son Of God / God Himself. However, I see this to be a false dilemma fallacy. Even if Jesus' Resurrection actually occurred and everything He has stated in the Bible is accurate, how exactly does that prove that what He said is true? There are countless possibilities that could have allowed The Resurrection to happen without Jesus being of divine nature. Our current understanding of science tells us that we know incredibly little about the laws of physics and the universe. Scientific advancements over the past couple of centuries have been remarkable, and if they continue in the same way we could be able to revive people through cell-level alterations in the next millennia. Maybe we will discover superior lifeforms on other planets and find a way to travel through time.

Here are some potential explanations for Jesus' Resurrection that our current science cannot explain, but do not go against reason:

- Jesus could have been a superior life form from another planet who possessed advanced holographic technology that allowed Him to alter human perception or transform His appearance to make Himself look human, or / and who was biologically advanced enough as to regenerate and revive Himself after physical death.

- Jesus could have been a human time traveler from the future who possessed advanced technology that allowed Him to revive humans (research in nanotechnology hypothesizes that it is possible for nanites to be inserted into human cells to instantly duplicate them whenever they are about to be destroyed).

- Jesus could have been someone (an angel? a spirit?) sent by God to test His people whether they obey what was said in Deuteronomy 13:1-2-18. I mean, God is known for testing people throughout the Old Testament.

And I'm sure that there are other possible explanations that future scientific technology will unveil for Jesus' Resurrection.

Therefore, why do apologists claim that The Resurrection is the linchpin of Christianity and that if Jesus came back from the dead, then that proves that He is Who He said He was?

This is why the burden of proof in the US criminal court is beyond reasonable doubt, not doubt in general. When we exclude the truth based on our ability to create unreasonable doubt we find that we can refute anything and everything, including our own existence.

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is why the burden of proof in the US criminal court is beyond reasonable doubt, not doubt in general. When we exclude the truth based on our ability to create unreasonable doubt we find that we can refute anything and everything, including our own existence.
So, you find the idea that advanced alien species who have developed technological means of biological regeneration exist, to be unreasonable? Our own scientists are working on regenerating lost limbs by studying the cellular mechanisms of animals and hypothesize that it will be a reality in a few hundred years: Regrowing limbs could be the future for military medicine | Health.mil .

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you find the idea that advanced alien species who have developed technological means of biological regeneration exist, to be unreasonable?

As an explanation for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? Um yeah...just a bit.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Why does Jesus' Resurrection constitute indisputable proof that He was God?"

The resurrection provides absolutely no proof that Yeshua (Jesus) was God. It does just the opposite. The resurrection proves he was not God because the being known as "God" (Almighty YHWH, Yeshua's Father) had to resurrect him from the dead.

1) The only God that exists (monotheism) resurrected His Son Yeshua from the dead. Therefore, Yeshua cannot be a second God.
2) God cannot die, but Yeshua did. Therefore, Yeshua cannot be God because God has immortality.

Upvote 0