NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, one of the main issues I have is I don’t want the blessings he is giving me (spiritual). I want different blessings (miraculous healing,material). The spiritual blessings he is supplying mean very little to me. Think pennies vs the national debt. That is the scale.

I'm sorry but I think you may have a dilemma there.
None of us get to dictate to God what he should give us - it simply can't be done.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry but I think you may have a dilemma there.
None of us get to dictate to God what he should give us - it simply can't be done.
Also, goes back to original question. He wants me to pray for that which is practically worthless to me and give up the blessings that would actually make a difference to me. He wants me to lie.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok. I think there was a little miscommunication. When I typed viable Option in the Previous post, I was saying that He was the only way that what I want could come to pass the way I want. I know there are others that COULD do it, but not the way I am talking about. For example, the Devil COULD do it, but the rest of that deal makes it not a viable option.

if you're waiting on God to do something more for you, then you're woefully ignorant of how He works:

(2Pe 1:1) Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
(2Pe 1:2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
(2Pe 1:3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(2Pe 1:4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(emphasis added by me)

Look at verse 3 - God isn't the holdup for your miracle - IF you're reborn in Christ (verse 1), then He HATH GIVEN (that's PAST tense) unto EVERY REBORN BELIEVER, ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN TO LIFE AND GODLINESS - but if you don't know how to RECEIVE what He's ALREADY given, then you'll do without

here's a real-world example:

let's say you have a relative that goes to be with the Lord and leaves you $5 million; according to the law, the instant you're relative left this world, title ownership of that $5 million was legally transferred to you; but you didn't have it at that time, nor did you have access to it - you didn't even think that your relative thought enough of you to leave you anything at all. your relative's attorney sends you a letter detailing how to gain possession of what your relative HATH ALREADY GIVEN to you, but when you get the letter, you have no more respect for it than you did for your gracious relative, so you just throw the letter away. if you were in desperate need for money, you could die of poverty while sleeping under a bridge on a piece of cardboard, all the while having legal ownership of $5 million - God's not a sucker; He's put safeguards in place to keep people who have no regard for Him from selfishly benefiting from Him while they disrespect and despise Him - would you help someone who despised and disrespected you?

He's already prepared all the miracles you'll ever need, and more - the blessing and miracle pipe is stopped up on your end

as far as the devil being able to do anything but lie, i don't know where you get that idea, but it certainly isn't from God's Word.

(Col 2:15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

(Luk 11:20) But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

(Mar 16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;

Satan has zero ability to do anything in the natural world, except lie - if you think that loser can do anything to help you, then you are in for a rude surprise if you're foolish enough to try to deal with him.

what others do you think can do what you need?

(Deu 32:39) See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

(Isa 45:5) I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me:...

(Dan 4:34) And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
(Dan 4:35) And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
(Dan 4:36) At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
(Dan 4:37) Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

nope - God is the only one who can help you, and He is fully motivated to do so - but you aren't going to receive from Him by disrespecting and despising Him

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also, goes back to original question. He wants me to pray for that which is practically worthless to me and give up the blessings that would actually make a difference to me. He wants me to lie.

ok; what do you think God wants you to lie about when you pray?

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok; what do you think God wants you to lie about when you pray?
He wants me to pray as if I desire more spiritual blessings when I don’t. I have a solo cup sized receptacle for the spiritual. He is try to pour an ocean into it. Conversely, I have a great amount of need for material blessings and he is doling those out with an eyedropper.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He wants me to pray as if I desire more spiritual blessings when I don’t. I have a solo cup sized receptacle for the spiritual. He is try to pour an ocean into it. Conversely, I have a great amount of need for material blessings and he is doling those out with an eyedropper.

what you don't understand is the the material realm is controlled by the spiritual realm:

(Gen 1:3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
(Gen 1:4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
(Gen 1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
(Gen 1:6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
(Gen 1:7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
(Gen 1:8) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
(Gen 1:9) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
(Gen 1:10) And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
(emphasis added by me)

think about it; right before God spoke the Words "Let there be light", there was NO material realm - God is a Spirit (John 4:24); He spoke "Let there be light" into the spiritual realm, and the framework of the material world was created. He SAID - this is how the spiritual gifts that He HATH GIVEN you are used to affect this material realm - when you say what God has told you to say and do what God has told you to do (by His Holy Spirit inside you) as confirmed by His revealed written Word, you connect to the already-available spiritual power to change the material realm to match what you say. look at verse 7: "And God made..." - how do you think God made the firmament?

think about it; how did you get reborn in Christ?

(Rom 10:5) For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
(Rom 10:6) But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
(Rom 10:7) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
(Rom 10:8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
(Rom 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

how will the reborn in Christ overcome the devil in the last days?

(Rev 12:11) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

does that make sense so far?

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agreed that ONLY God could do it. Stil note approaching out of anything but desperation.

welcome to the club; that's how we all came to know the One True God as Lord of Mercy, Loving Father, Almighty Savior from every peril, Closest Friend

do you see that the spiritual realm can affect the material realm? are you starting to see why the Lord wants to inspire you to get a bigger spiritual cup so that He can pour more spiritual gifts into it until it too overflows? are you beginning to see how Good He is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, he wants you to be honest with him about how you feel.
You have said here that you don't care about his blessings. and because he hasn't answered your prayer in the way that you want; you believe that he doesn't care.
So tell him; he knows it anyway and sees what you are writing here.
Tell him if you are finding it hard to pray, or don't even want to, because he is not giving you what you want.
Tell him that you know that he has an ocean full of blessings to give to you but the only one you will accept is healing for your wife.
Tell him that you will only thank and trust him if he does what you want him to do.

Your wife's illness might remain the same. You can deal with it with patience, peace, strength and other things that God gives, or you can deal with it with anger, bitterness and trying to force God's hand.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
if you say, believing in your heart, that God won't help you and your wife, then that's the way it will be for you - your poor confession doesn't change God - He's the same; yesterday, today and forever - but it will change your ability to trust (have faith) in Him; and we receive nothing from God without faith.

(Mar 11:12) And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
(Mar 11:13) And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
(Mar 11:14) And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
(Mar 11:15) And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
(Mar 11:16) And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
(Mar 11:17) And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
(Mar 11:18) And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
(Mar 11:19) And when even was come, he went out of the city.
(Mar 11:20) And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
(Mar 11:21) And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

(Mar 11:22) And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
(Mar 11:23) For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
(Mar 11:24) Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(Mar 11:25) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
(Mar 11:26) But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

(emphasis added by me)

(Mat 12:35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(Mat 12:36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(Mat 12:37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(emphasis added by me)

miracles don't just fall on people; miracles come to people that control their words, speaking only what God has said; if you're going around talking about how bad things are with anyone who will listen, then your faith that you release with your mouth will work to keep things bad.

this is how God wants you to speak:

(Psa 118:17) I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

this is what you need to be saying about your wife as well.

like it or not, God has set laws in place that govern this material world; and two of the most important laws He's set in place are:

(Mar 11:23) For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
(Mar 11:24) Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

you need to stop talking about how He's let you down and how bad things are, and start putting His Words in your mouth, or you won't be able to receive the miracles you need from Him, even though He's already made them available.

for example; start saying this about your wife:

"my wife shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD!"

let me know if you're still listening, and if this is making sense to you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Been there, done that, didn’t work

(Psa 105:19) Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.

no, the Word tried you; you have not 'done that' - you caved in to circumstances or didn't see the result within the time frame you expected, cast away your confidence, and quit - faith isn't moved by time or circumstances, it's based on God's Word, which does not change.

how's you're current approach working out for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Psa 105:19) Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.

no, the Word tried you; you have not 'done that' - you caved in to circumstances or didn't see the result within the time frame you expected, cast away your confidence, and quit - faith isn't moved by time or circumstances, it's based on God's Word, which does not change.

how's you're current approach working out for you?

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like you are advocating the Word of Faith approach and beliefs.
If so, the OP is very sensible not to follow it.

We cannot control God, put him in a box or say "do this and you will be healed; fail to do it, and not only will you not be but it means you don't have enough faith."
We cannot, as it seems the OP is doing, control God so that we get the blessings from him that we want.
It's a different topic, but I was told a number of times by W.O.F folk when I had M.E - "you need to rebuke your symptoms/confess that you ARE healed". And on more than one occasion, "you won't be healed; you don't have faith." Well it seems that God didn't listen and healed me anyway. Just as he has healed others without demanding that they have faith or do anything to contribute to their healing.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like you are advocating the Word of Faith approach and beliefs.
If so, the OP is very sensible not to follow it.

We cannot control God, put him in a box or say "do this and you will be healed; fail to do it, and not only will you not be but it means you don't have enough faith."
We cannot, as it seems the OP is doing, control God so that we get the blessings from him that we want.
It's a different topic, but I was told a number of times by W.O.F folk when I had M.E - "you need to rebuke your symptoms/confess that you ARE healed". And on more than one occasion, "you won't be healed; you don't have faith." Well it seems that God didn't listen and healed me anyway. Just as he has healed others without demanding that they have faith or do anything to contribute to their healing.

i'm advocating what is recorded and confirmed in the Bible - if you disagree, please PM me - we both agreed to not debate with other people who offer advice when posting in the advice forum

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm advocating what is recorded and confirmed in the Bible - if you disagree, please PM me - we both agreed to not debate with other people who offer advice when posting in the advice forum

I forgot it was the Christian advice forum. My apologies, I'm not going to debate it.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
no problem; i don't see that the statement of purpose for the Advice column would prevent you from posting something (addressed to the person asking for advice) that may appear to disagree with what another would-be advisor has already posted, in the spirit of alternative view - seeing something from different angles can actually aid in clarity as the Holy Spirit interprets what we each say for the person who asked for advice :)

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he didn’t want it, he wouldn’t let it happen. At best he is apathetic to the suffering.

I know part of it is I am a “journey” person rather than a “destination” person. A great journey to a mediocre to bad place is vastly preferable to a terrible journey to a great place.

I knew someone once who I was close to, he lived his life just like the words you used "A great journey to a mediocre to bad place is vastly preferable to a terrible journey to a great place".

His life became full of darkness as time passed. I tried to help him many times even when he ended up in prison and shortly afterwards but to no avail, he loved the darkness more than the light. I have nothing to do with him any more because he would have pulled me into that same world of darkness. I was told around 1 year ago that he is full of anger and hatred.

By the way, there is no guarantee for you to have a great journey to a mediocre or bad place, just as the person I knew. Whether or not you like it, you will die and be brought to judgment for the life you lead. You have a choice to pay the debts of your sins against GOD yourself or have Christ to pay the debts of your sins for you.

I hope you open your eyes, ears and soften your heart towards GOD. And that one day, you will overcome your trials, tribulations and hardships and that I will see you in the kingdom of GOD.

May you find peace one day through GOD the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

We no longer look to be served. We look to serve and give our lives for others. No longer fight for privilege, influence and status. We esteem others better than ourselves and put their interests above our own.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

Upvote 0