• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Why does God use People?

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Dave Darling, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Dave Darling

Dave Darling Active Member

+503
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I have been pondering something for awhile now but I need some help. I think God may be about to give me this- why is it that God uses people? There is a reason for this. Any ideas? In the Lord's prayer it says "on earth as it is in heaven". Mankind is responsible for God's will being done on the earth, God does nothing on the earth except in response to prayer. Can anyone explain why to me?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GospelS

GospelS JUDAH in Nerves,JOSEPH in Veins,Who do you say IAM Supporter

+2,438
    India
    Christian
    Single
    Prayer changes you. Then you are empowered to change the situation or adopt accordingly. That is how God works for His glory. He made us to subdue the earth and He reigns through us.

3. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,231
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    He tried cats but it didn't pan out.

4. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,231
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I feel like that might be incorrect

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither
    do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly
    Father feedeth them.

Now it might be that they are saying the Lord's Prayer every morning in their bird-song, for all I know, but I suspect there's quite A LOT God is doing, no prayer required or performed. And often, no thanks or recognition given.

Wasn't the earth meant to be in our care in the first place?
    Wasn't the fruit our forefathers ate "Knowledge of Good and Evil"?
    These seem like good reasons to me.

Plus.

Opposable thumbs.