Why does God permit things no matter how wicked?

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed?

He doesn't.

Death of this mortal body is, Christ said, only "sleep."

From which all will awaken.
sleep for the righteous
eternal death and second death/resurrection for the evil&wicked

But why did Jesus believe all this stuff had to happen? Why can't the world have at least ended with a bang instead of a whimper?
And for years I dealt with the existential doom depression and anxiety.
wait for Revelation

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
people come to have their standard of good and evil
and put themselves in judgment, judging and being judged

is man so good and deserving, or having ruined everything since the fall
does man indeed need God then afterall, not his own godliness denying its power
I actually say "yes" to that, but it is frustrating seeing so many of us fall from God, that he leaves an entire country over.

Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes and it is was created good. Evil came into the World because of the sin of Man.
everything would be just fine without sin
in fact we have salvation from God to be thankful of
we could be thankful every single day, instead of aiming to seek more greed and such drifting away further
once you notice the problem, you've at least got the first step
if there wasn't a sin to recognize...rather continuing to complain and justify apart from God

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I actually say "yes" to that, but it is frustrating seeing so many of us fall from God, that he leaves an entire country over.
Many think that this revelation to Peter is an example of a more general 2nd chance for those not having hear the gospel, or as is very common today, not having heard the accurate full gospel (but instead having gotten a mistaken or incomplete idea about it):

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared..."
1 Peter 3 ESV

And so we say in the Apostles' Creed:

"...I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son
...He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead. ..."

That Christ actually went to the dead, to proclaim to them, just as the passage above tells us.

Thus from the instance of the souls from the flood here in this passage, that we can reasonably think that Christ delivered the saving gospel to all receptive souls in all of time who had not heard it. (why is that the best fit? -- because of the exact wording in Romans 2 NIV , v6-16, in which we hear (again) that God shows no favoritism)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is somewhat about the election. I don't care personally who you voted for personally, but my opinion I'll leave at for right now is that it looks like evil is winning again by how I see it developing so far. America is continuing to slip into an authoritarian state (mostly the left) and traditional Conservative, libertarian, or even "centrist" (from 1970s or so) America is perpetually screwed. Once again, I don't care whether you are more right or left, I'm just writing my own opinion. There are also certain other places I could've posted that are locked to me, unfortunately.

Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed? I know that it says that there are both good and evil people in the world, but the evil people in a way are getting more "clout" so it's not an equal-proportioned "ying-yang" situation. The world I see with my eyes is unfair and biased. God created this, but he ceded it to Satan, allows and watches Satan burn his creation. It's like telling somebody "I have a very expensive car and I don't want anyone to hurt it or I'll be very angry at them" but just gives up and watches his car be beaten and devoured until its all shredded anyway and what was done was done. There are also divorces and broken families caused or influenced by Satan.

Don't say "Well, when you die here you will get to be with Jesus", I think that it's rather anti-climactic that we exist and witness the state of the world become worse and worse only for it to be (supposedly) done away with in the last minute because it is supposed to be "temporal". And on that note too, the damage already influenced by Satan and performed by his minions here on Earth is already finished to the point where everything once good has been perverted into literal Hell, so in some way to a degree, the consequences still get to stay.

I hope I'm not considered to be mocking things, which is not my intention, but I just want to say this stuff.
Here is a big part of the reason for the evil in this world:
1 Peter 4:12-14
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation. If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also, how can I enjoy my future in the meantime when I am only going to be working hard to just survive and not partake in any pleasure or leisure at all?
what are you living for? your own pleasure and leisure? survival? what?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
But why did Jesus believe all this stuff had to happen? Why can't the world have at least ended with a bang instead of a whimper?
And for years I dealt with the existential doom depression and anxiety.
According to Jesus, the world will continue to descend into ever deeper depths of depravity and many billions will die of wars and disease. We can now see His prophesies coming to pass in our time.

The reason He doesn't just destroy the world with a bang, is because He's giving everyone a chance to repent before judgement day. Everyone has the opportunity to repent and be saved from eternal torment in hell.

Things may look to be out of control but God is in full control of all things and nothing happens outside of His sovereign will.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think a lot of people are forgetting the phrase "first world problems". It is our luxury to criticize what is wrong with our world. But what can we do to make it better? The hell's that parts of humanity have escaped from are so unnoticed that we don't even remember how wretched things can get. Things could be so much worse. They can get much worse very quickly.

I hope the modern world is for the most part done being insane. Last century was horrible enough. But maybe it still can't adapt to the way it's changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to Jesus, the world will continue to descend into ever deeper depths of depravity and many billions will die of wars and disease. We can now see His prophesies coming to pass in our time.

The reason He doesn't just destroy the world with a bang, is because He's giving everyone a chance to repent before judgement day. Everyone has the opportunity to repent and be saved from eternal torment in hell.

Things may look to be out of control but God is in full control of all things and nothing happens outside of His sovereign will.

"I created something very good and awesome, but it is temporal and for this life only. So pursue it now while you can. But in the meantime, I have allowed Satan to break free and wreak his destruction of all that I made. The family will be destroyed, the genders will be destroyed, and it will be unable to be rectified. But despite my hatred of it, I must allow it to happen. And at the time when it finally does get better, this world itself will be snuffed out anyway. You may not be able to have that awesome stuff you said you wanted so much in this life even if Satan wreaks destruction upon it in society, but at least you'll only get to walk with Jesus."

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And according to the Bible, the wicked literally get a free pass to torment and deceive, and Christians are the slaves supposed to back down and be meek. That is a lot of the part of how evil and oppression keeps winning.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"I created something very good and awesome, but it is temporal and for this life only. So pursue it now while you can. But in the meantime, I have allowed Satan to break free and wreak his destruction of all that I made. The family will be destroyed, the genders will be destroyed, and it will be unable to be rectified. But despite my hatred of it, I must allow it to happen. And at the time when it finally does get better, this world itself will be snuffed out anyway. You may not be able to have that awesome stuff you said you wanted so much in this life even if Satan wreaks destruction upon it in society, but at least you'll only get to walk with Jesus."
Satan must ask for God's approval, before He can do anything. We should be glad that God restrains him for the time being, but a time is soon coming when God will remove every restraint and then all hell will break lose in the world.
He will open the abyss and let all the Demons out and they will torment those left in the world after the rapture, for 5 months. 5 months may sound like a short time but it will seem like eternity to those who are being tormented and unable to die or escape their torment.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is somewhat about the election. I don't care personally who you voted for personally, but my opinion I'll leave at for right now is that it looks like evil is winning again by how I see it developing so far. America is continuing to slip into an authoritarian state (mostly the left) and traditional Conservative, libertarian, or even "centrist" (from 1970s or so) America is perpetually screwed. Once again, I don't care whether you are more right or left, I'm just writing my own opinion. There are also certain other places I could've posted that are locked to me, unfortunately.

Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed? I know that it says that there are both good and evil people in the world, but the evil people in a way are getting more "clout" so it's not an equal-proportioned "ying-yang" situation. The world I see with my eyes is unfair and biased. God created this, but he ceded it to Satan, allows and watches Satan burn his creation. It's like telling somebody "I have a very expensive car and I don't want anyone to hurt it or I'll be very angry at them" but just gives up and watches his car be beaten and devoured until its all shredded anyway and what was done was done. There are also divorces and broken families caused or influenced by Satan.

Don't say "Well, when you die here you will get to be with Jesus", I think that it's rather anti-climactic that we exist and witness the state of the world become worse and worse only for it to be (supposedly) done away with in the last minute because it is supposed to be "temporal". And on that note too, the damage already influenced by Satan and performed by his minions here on Earth is already finished to the point where everything once good has been perverted into literal Hell, so in some way to a degree, the consequences still get to stay.

I hope I'm not considered to be mocking things, which is not my intention, but I just want to say this stuff.

Your profile says "agnostic" Can you define that as how you apply that to your own life? What do you beleive? I ask because our starting points in our beleifs will affect our final views. Thanks...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Ok here is the thing. We say God bless America, but why would he? We have taken everything God detests and promoted it as part of our culture. Lust, greed, wealth, violence, Vanity, jealousy, pride, arrogance, godlessness, idols, theft, cheating, etc. Our entertainment industries worship satan and our government has a " pentagon". The middle east calls us the great satan so why would God think twice about our election?

• Agree
Reactions: BookofMatt
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So, this is basically the Problem of Evil. As you can see, Christians come to threads like these and offer all kinds of excuses as to why the world is the way it is and why God would allow such things. I use the word "excuses" here deliberately, because that's what they are. No one who has posted a Bible verse in response to the OP can possibly know the answer to this. No one can know the mind of God. There's a reason for that...

The solution to the Problem of Evil is to remove the gods. Without gods in the mix for people to ask such questions of the world as it is makes perfect sense.

More concisely, the Problem of Evil asks why, if there is an omnibenevolent god watching over us and interacting with us, is evil allowed to exist? Not just the evil of men, but natural evils. The deaths of clearly innocent creatures by horrible circumstances whose own freewill has nothing to do with the evil perpetrated against them. The answer is that there are no gods watching and interacting with us.

This is a huge factor in why I'm an atheist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,654.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law. 4But in their distress they turned to the Lord, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them.

5In those days it was not safe to travel about, for all the inhabitants of the lands were in great turmoil. 6One nation was being crushed by another and one city by another, because God was troubling them with every kind of distress.

1. People turn their hearts to God during distress.

Now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.” But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.

2. Has God being appointed king over america by the people, or has God been rejected as king?

He has been rejected as king, it is no suprise that america keeps turning to their leaders to lead and save them, with neither can do.

19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that h the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, e were killed just as they had been.

Ultimately, God does have a plan. God rules over his children, wherever they are, not the country that they are in. In the end, the earth is given unto his children, and the wicked destroyed.

God has put off judgment, because there are still more lost to come to him. Its not Gods plan to fix the world, but to save all that come to him, and then in the right time, give the world to his children.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Because He gave authority to man. And man screwed up and got away from God.

Upvote 0