Why does God permit things no matter how wicked?

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is somewhat about the election. I don't care personally who you voted for personally, but my opinion I'll leave at for right now is that it looks like evil is winning again by how I see it developing so far. America is continuing to slip into an authoritarian state (mostly the left) and traditional Conservative, libertarian, or even "centrist" (from 1970s or so) America is perpetually screwed. Once again, I don't care whether you are more right or left, I'm just writing my own opinion. There are also certain other places I could've posted that are locked to me, unfortunately.

Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed? I know that it says that there are both good and evil people in the world, but the evil people in a way are getting more "clout" so it's not an equal-proportioned "ying-yang" situation. The world I see with my eyes is unfair and biased. God created this, but he ceded it to Satan, allows and watches Satan burn his creation. It's like telling somebody "I have a very expensive car and I don't want anyone to hurt it or I'll be very angry at them" but just gives up and watches his car be beaten and devoured until its all shredded anyway and what was done was done. There are also divorces and broken families caused or influenced by Satan.

Don't say "Well, when you die here you will get to be with Jesus", I think that it's rather anti-climactic that we exist and witness the state of the world become worse and worse only for it to be (supposedly) done away with in the last minute because it is supposed to be "temporal". And on that note too, the damage already influenced by Satan and performed by his minions here on Earth is already finished to the point where everything once good has been perverted into literal Hell, so in some way to a degree, the consequences still get to stay.

I hope I'm not considered to be mocking things, which is not my intention, but I just want to say this stuff.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This is somewhat about the election. I don't care personally who you voted for personally, but my opinion I'll leave at for right now is that it looks like evil is winning again by how I see it developing so far. America is continuing to slip into an authoritarian state (mostly the left) and traditional Conservative, libertarian, or even "centrist" (from 1970s or so) America is perpetually screwed. Once again, I don't care whether you are more right or left, I'm just writing my own opinion. There are also certain other places I could've posted that are locked to me, unfortunately.

Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed? I know that it says that there are both good and evil people in the world, but the evil people in a way are getting more "clout" so it's not an equal-proportioned "ying-yang" situation. The world I see with my eyes is unfair and biased. God created this, but he ceded it to Satan, allows and watches Satan burn his creation. It's like telling somebody "I have a very expensive car and I don't want anyone to hurt it or I'll be very angry at them" but just gives up and watches his car be beaten and devoured until its all shredded anyway and what was done was done. There are also divorces and broken families caused or influenced by Satan.

Don't say "Well, when you die here you will get to be with Jesus", I think that it's rather anti-climactic that we exist and witness the state of the world become worse and worse only for it to be (supposedly) done away with in the last minute because it is supposed to be "temporal". And on that note too, the damage already influenced by Satan and performed by his minions here on Earth is already finished to the point where everything once good has been perverted into literal Hell, so in some way to a degree, the consequences still get to stay.

I hope I'm not considered to be mocking things, which is not my intention, but I just want to say this stuff.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed?

Ultimately this World is not our home, and some people need to loosen their grip on the World because they cannot serve two masters.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

evil people in a way are getting more "clout"

Things would seem that way, yes. Even moreso if you study the cultural norms of ancient Rome. Looking at some of the norms of ancient Rome that were eventually ended by Christianity, and the recent rise in those norms in modern society makes one believe that Christianity has lost its grip on society and is in retreat. Take homosexuality and abortion for example. Both were widespread and common in ancient Rome, but were eventually ended by the Church. With that in mind, look at this:

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

That can describe most any particular time in history. It may be a single event or it may be an ebb and flow of that restraint being taken out of the way throughout history. Then again:

Rev 20:7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison

Rev 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth...

All those norms of ancient Rome that were ended by the Church, but are now becoming even moreso widespread in modern society, is enough to think that something has in fact been taken out of the way, or that Satan has been released from his prison and is deceiving the nations.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I know. And even though it seems obvious to us what evil is happening, and is going to happen, it is fair.

There are so many times in the Bible when people think that they know the better way, and yet when they try to walk in that way, they quickly discover that their ideas aren't so great after all.

But sometimes it takes a long time to make that discovery.
God is both fair in that He lets us discover how wrong we are, and He is patient with us as we come to the right conclusion finally, that what we thought was right was actually wrong.

Because He loves us and because He is fair, He waits for us to discover what He's known for so long. Why?
Because He really is waiting for us to love Him of our own volition, and not because we were forced into it.

And in the meanwhile, He endures us, because He knows how the story ends, and we don't.

That's what He is waiting so patiently for...us to run out of our own brilliant ideas that go nowhere.:crossrc:

• Agree
Reactions: DenimBlue
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God gave men dominion over earth. What you see is a world who is governing itself without God as their King and ruler. This election just showed who is not listening to God.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DenimBlue
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Entropy entered into the Human condition when Mom & Dad ate the Forbidden Fruit. God has not (perhaps cannot) halted that process. He seems to have DELAYED the process so that He could redeem those who would be redeemed.

We cannot save the Titanic,
but this time, there is enough Lifeboats for those who can let it go.​
While our safety is guaranteed, our transitional pleasure is not.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Jesus told us that all these things would happen before He returns, He said that the world would become just like Sodom and Gomorrah was. He wasn't referring to their homosexuality, it was their lawlessness.

This is what we see today, more and more corruption and less people standing up for justice.

God did bless America, but Americans turned their back to God so, He gave them over to their wickedness and the rest is history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God allows these things because he loves us and wants us to love him freely. To do so he has to permit evil and wicked things albeit for a short time until he can allow everyone to choose their side freely. From your view it looks like God is allowing these things for no reason but if you could see what he sees you would see that what he wills will come about in the end. This is where faith(trust) is needed because we can't see what he sees but we know he is good and good will win in the end.

Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I know. And even though it seems obvious to us what evil is happening, and is going to happen, it is fair.

There are so many times in the Bible when people think that they know the better way, and yet when they try to walk in that way, they quickly discover that their ideas aren't so great after all.

But sometimes it takes a long time to make that discovery.
God is both fair in that He lets us discover how wrong we are, and He is patient with us as we come to the right conclusion finally, that what we thought was right was actually wrong.

Because He loves us and because He is fair, He waits for us to discover what He's known for so long. Why?
Because He really is waiting for us to love Him of our own volition, and not because we were forced into it.

And in the meanwhile, He endures us, because He knows how the story ends, and we don't.

That's what He is waiting so patiently for...us to run out of our own brilliant ideas that go nowhere.:crossrc:
people come to have their standard of good and evil
and put themselves in judgment, judging and being judged

is man so good and deserving, or having ruined everything since the fall
does man indeed need God then afterall, not his own godliness denying its power

Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God allows these things because he loves us and wants us to love him freely. To do so he has to permit evil and wicked things albeit for a short time until he can allow everyone to choose their side freely. From your view it looks like God is allowing these things for no reason but if you could see what he sees you would see that what he wills will come about in the end. This is where faith(trust) is needed because we can't see what he sees but we know he is good and good will win in the end.
people want a paradise
people even think they're good to deserve it as if they won't corrupt as it's been
maybe we had it given...just look what came from above

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God allows free choice for all. What we do with that choice is what you are basically referring to. If God intervened from the beginning, Adam and Eve would not have committed the sin that separated God from the human kind. Since then we have been on our own. The Good News though tells us that we can overcome the evilness of the flesh with the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth through His Holy Spirit.
Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ultimately this World is not our home, and some people need to loosen their grip on the World because they cannot serve two masters.
God still created it in the first place.

Upvote 0

UnpopularOpinion

Oct 18, 2020
Wroclaw
✟13,398.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well he doesn't . Ask Sodom and Gommorah how they felt...
and other Cities aswell

We are in age of grace which is about to end , was prophesied that it will become like during Noah's flood at the end , was so bad God had to wipe almost everybody so why are you surprised?
It was worse way back before than it is now and we again approach this time.

In the end He will punish whole earth like it has never been punished before.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God gave men dominion over earth. What you see is a world who is governing itself without God's as their King and ruler. This election just showed who is not listening to God.
Even I was receiving some hate or backlash on here because of my opinions on that stuff.

Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well he doesn't . Ask Sodom and Gommorah how they felt...
and other Cities aswell

We are in age of grace which is about to end , was prophesied that it will become like during Noah's flood at the end , was so bad God had to wipe almost everybody so why are you surprised?
It was worse way back before than it is now and we again approach this time.

In the end He will punish whole earth like it has never been punished before.
how bad is too bad or bad enough
like when the temperature rises so slow you don't even notice things have already gone past some point
maybe bad is good

should bad be prevented or to what line

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why does God allow things that are so fragile, that cannot be redone or replaced, to be destroyed?

He doesn't.

Death of this mortal body is, Christ said, only "sleep."

From which all will awaken.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus told us that all these things would happen before He returns, He said that the world would become just like Sodom and Gomorrah was. He wasn't referring to their homosexuality, it was their lawlessness.

This is what we see today, more and more corruption and less people standing up for justice.

God did bless America, but Americans turned their back to God so, He gave them over to their wickedness and the rest is history.
But why did Jesus believe all this stuff had to happen? Why can't the world have at least ended with a bang instead of a whimper?
And for years I dealt with the existential doom depression and anxiety.

Upvote 0