Why does God let bad news pile on and on?

Creativeguy

Jul 24, 2012
✟19,902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm struggling to understand something. I understand that people have rough patches - and I'm no exception to that. But what I don't understand is why it sometimes keeps getting worse despite one's best efforts and prayers.

I thank God for everything I have, but things keep getting worse. I feel so hopeless. I'm trying to understand why.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm struggling to understand something. I understand that people have rough patches - and I'm no exception to that. But what I don't understand is why it sometimes keeps getting worse despite one's best efforts and prayers.

I thank God for everything I have, but things keep getting worse. I feel so hopeless. I'm trying to understand why.
God can make good out of evil. We may not fully understand why he does the things he does. See Isaiah 55.

Take care and my prayers are with you.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 1:2-4 2 eCount it all joy, my brothers,2 when you meet trials fof various kinds, 3 for you know that gthe testing of your faith hproduces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be iperfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Various trials are meant to strengthen our faith. The harder things get the more we should cry out to God, we draw closer to Him and he draws closer to us making us stronger. So we should thank Him when trials come because he is giving us an opportunity to grow.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are the ones responsible for which direction things go, but unfortunately that puts us under the oppression of each other. That is the lesson we were to learn when God sent us out into this world to learn about taking responsibility for our own actions, to learn our actions have consequences on each other, thus hopefully seeing His will is way wiser than ours as we instead turn this world into our own self serving image.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For you.... and KNOW He is for you not against you...oh shall I share what song is playing right now as I type this? "Stand in Faith" by Danny Gokey. Oh PRAISE GOD awesome.. love this.

" So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him."

Isa 41:10 " God says to “fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". This is not something nice it IS for you.. the song that was playing.. just before it played I was going to also say we walk by faith not sight nor what we feel. Then that song started WOW..

He will make a way where this is no way. So know not wonder but know no matter how you feel what you see know He will get you out of this. Have faith. Me I make sure I repent of anything and tell him forgive me for doubting. You now some said to Jesus.. I believe but help my unbelief. Another said I know you can but you do you want to. Each time He did! So tell those thoughts to go and know your Father through Jesus Christ will not ever leave you and will turn it around. Not guessing.. He will. Praying

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Because you live in a sin-cursed world that is not your home. You are a stranger, a pilgrim, on route to your eternal home, passing through a world full of wickedness and pain "ruled" by the devil. The world is full of wickedness and pain because people refuse to submit themselves to their holy, wise Maker and live in loving obedience to Him, the result of which is sin, suffering and death.

Why are their seasons of suffering that seem to pile on struggles and sorrows? I don't know that its possible to explain why, exactly. But God's purposes in our suffering don't change when there is more suffering. Always, if we'll let Him, in everything we must endure, God will make us more and more like Jesus. (Romans 8:28-29) This is the "good" to which God is working all things in the lives of those who love Him. We enter into the deepest, fullest experience of God as we are we increasingly like our Savior, and it is this experience, this fellowship with God, that is the fundamental purpose for which we exist. Even, then, in suffering, when we are living in fulfillment of this purpose, there is eternal meaning, and contentment, and joy that may be ours - a taste of, and preparation for, eternity yet to come.

Philippians 3:20-21
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;
21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Romans 8:18-21
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope
21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Colossians 3:1-4
1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

• Informative
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Jesus never said things would be easy, in fact He said the opposite.

I think in these types of times god is trying to get you to trust Him more and more. He will supply all your needs. Lean on Him for guidance and He will sustain you.

Jesus said: "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you"

Welcome to the human condition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not sure if it applies to the OP but I don't believe Christianity was meant to be an individual sport.
Perhaps not, but it has often been used to keep an eye on fellow man for the authorities. Control the narrative, control the people and oddly is seems more often for the world than the Kingdom. The same problem the Jews had. Not to mention those of the Kingdom in Jesus' time as now, represented a counter-culture to the world of man and were persecuted accordingly by their own churches/synagogues.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps not, but it has often been used to keep an eye on fellow man for the authorities. Control the narrative, control the people and oddly is seems more often for the world than the Kingdom. The same problem the Jews had. Not to mention those of the Kingdom in Jesus' time as now, represented a counter-culture to the world of man and were persecuted accordingly by their own churches/synagogues.

Yes this goes on - there are also pockets of life and healthy fellowship we would do well to seek out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes this goes on - there are also pockets of life and healthy fellowship we would do well to seek out.
Agree, providing they serve the Kingdom rather than the ideals and systems of man.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Much of the counsel here is very worth thinking about, friend. As was mentioned herein, we are under trials and temptations by Satan (our enemy and tempter allowed by God to test us). Yes, things WILL keep getting worse until the Lord Jesus calls His "bride" --the universal Church,up to Himself; then GREAT "tribulation" wll fall on this world for seven years, until the Lord returns with His "bride" to reign in perfection for a thousand years (the "millennium" as he tells us). I see that as coming soon! Just be faithful to our Lord Jesus (if "born again" as John 3:16 and part of the 'bride'), and walk and talk with Him daily in peace and joy and blessing to all you meet. Keep looking up, and read "all the counsel of God" as in the Gospels and Epistles of your Holy Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
why it sometimes keeps getting worse despite one's best efforts and prayers.
Sometimes the method of "trying" has an aspect that is "not faith oriented" so there's a conflict of effort. Where a portion of the effort is being made as a personal action, and another portion is being made as working together with God through faith and trust.

The two working together in parallel does not work since the two methodologies defeat the purpose of the other so it ends up getting nothing happening while the whole world remains in motion.

When this happens, it might feel like one is being trampled, but continue trusting God and refining how you trust Him in everything and you will find a way to "stand up under" the pressure.

that's what comes to me, hope that helps.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you say that you are a person who knows that God is a rewarder of all who diligently seek Him, despite of what you see and experience? Is there a corner in you brain that thinks this is not true?

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Its bible prophecy. Second Timothy chapter 3, Perilous times shall come. Wickedness and evil will get worse before satan as antichrist appears near future.
Proverbs chapter 5:22. His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be Holden with the cords of his sins.
The wicked take them selves out. Thier sins keep piling up. On judgement day, Jesus will send the wicked into lake of fire. God sits back, and sees the wicked destroy themselves. God has books. And thier judged by their evil deeds.
John chapter 3, God allows everyone to decide if they want to follow satan or Jesus. The majority are following satan.

Once again, the wicked have no future. They're following satan. They are not going to repent and conform to God's standard. Get the picture. Revelation chapter 20 will paint big picture. Majority will follow satan into lake of fire at the end of millennium.

The wicked destroy themselves.

Upvote 0