Why does God keep YOU single?

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
...If any man think that he behaves himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sins not: let them marry.
Nevertheless he that stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own will, and has so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well.
So then he that giveth her in marriage does well; but he that gives her not in marriage does better.
<-----> 1st Corinthians 7:36-38

Sounds to me like we have a significant role in whether we choose to be married or single.

For me, and my love of liberty, being single suits me better.

Sure, there may be times where the notion of having a loving mate seem very attractive.

But, if I had a "loving mate", there would surely be times where being single and free would also seem very attractive.

Realistically, either way, there's going to be some times where the "grass seems greener on the other side".

It's likely a matter of which allows for the most "peaceful grazing", according to our own individuality.

So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will show forth thy praise to all generations. <-----> Psalm 79:13

Reactions: 1Prophetess
Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Why? Well, there are good reasons. :)
I don't like the idea of telling but there are very good reasons, and that's only what I know. God's ways are infinitely higher than mine and His thoughts also. I can guess but I might be completely wrong. And quite honestly I'm not a relationship material.

Upvote 0

lindseyk3

I can't understand life without Him.
Nov 6, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
Visit site
✟7,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because I'm in love w/not being in love w/anyone but God.

I've had enough guys show me what I do not want in a husband.

I agree w/wayfaring man that my love of liberty right now overpowers my desire for a mate. I'm sure that will change, but in the meantime I believe that I'm being prepared for him and he's being prepared for me. When we're both ready for one another, it will happen according to God's timing.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's amusing to me, is how many people here think that God doesn't really play a big role in finding/choosing a spouse, but when they CAN'T find someone, suddenly "God is keeping them single" lol.

To respond to the OP: God kept me single (and yes, He actively kept me single) so I could find Don :)

Upvote 0