Why does God claim He care when it is clear he doesn’t?

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Meaningless without her being healed.

So you're angry with God... I get that. We all go through that from time to time until we come to the realisation that it does nothing to help us in any way. All it does is give place to the devil and doubt.

Why are you so insistent that your wife be healed, and how does the lack of her healing prove to you that God doesn't care? Have you considered how the Bible might answer you? You might not like them, but they are there.

For instance,
Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Right now you are being double minded, yet you blame God?

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
Isa 1:20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Yes, you need a miracle. So receive it and keep receiving it till it manifests. Only remember the instruction of our Lord Jesus.

Luk 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Luk 18:2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
Luk 18:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
Luk 18:4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Luk 18:5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
Luk 18:6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Will God find faith in you when the answer comes?

Remember Daniel had to wait 21 days yet God answered the first day he prayed.

Dan 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Upvote 0

Battleweary

Dec 5, 2020
Caen
✟8,661.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?
I totally get what you mean. However, when things get really serious in lives, the answer to prayer is usually complex and is often a process. There are four main things that come to mind when I read this cry from your heart.

1. You seem isolated. I mean, I think you need a more supportive fellowship, who will pray for you, minister to you, listen to your troubles and even offer practical help. It's not just between you and God; there is meant to be whole body representing Christ on earth. I would say that this is the first thing you need to address. Don't suffer alone.

2. 'We wage war not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities...' Read Ephesians Chapter 6:10-18, which is all about how we are to defend ourselves against the 'fiery darts' of the enemy. Yep, God has one big enemy, Satan, who is always trying to ruin our lives and ruin our relationship with God. The weapons God has equipped with are the Word (we have to read and speak God's word, especially out loud) and prayer. Things first manifest in the spiritual and then in the natural.

3. Our perseverance in prayer and faith will build character and hope (Romans 5:4). If we are ever to make a difference to our lives and the wider world, we need a robust faith that can fight battles. So, in the spiritual armour, proclaiming God's word and praying in the spirit, you have to hang on in. Moreover, you could become the person who makes a difference, not just to your own life, but also to the lives of others. There is a lack of agency in many areas worldwide. Our help often needs to come through to us in practical ways. Or else, we need to manoeuvre ourselves into the right place to receive it.

4. God's riches are in Christ Jesus. Therefore, you (all of us) need to be more focussed on what God wants for us than on what is currently going wrong in our lives. God wants to bless us, but we have to be in the right place at the right time doing the right things. It makes sense, right? The boat comes into the harbour, but we have to be there on the quay to receive the cargo. So this is where it is about us as individuals in our faith walk with God. If you have a problem, go to God in prayer. Seek communion with Him. Get your eyes off the problem and onto God, who has the answers.

I hope you find some fellowship and comfort in your troubled times,

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Al Gammate

Jun 20, 2013
United States
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?

God answers prayers, but he doesn't always answer it your way.
Lou Holtz

Reactions: Battleweary
Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I totally get what you mean. However, when things get really serious in lives, the answer to prayer is usually complex and is often a process. There are four main things that come to mind when I read this cry from your heart.

1. You seem isolated. I mean, I think you need a more supportive fellowship, who will pray for you, minister to you, listen to your troubles and even offer practical help. It's not just between you and God; there is meant to be whole body representing Christ on earth. I would say that this is the first thing you need to address. Don't suffer alone.

2. 'We wage war not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities...' Read Ephesians Chapter 6:10-18, which is all about how we are to defend ourselves against the 'fiery darts' of the enemy. Yep, God has one big enemy, Satan, who is always trying to ruin our lives and ruin our relationship with God. The weapons God has equipped with are the Word (we have to read and speak God's word, especially out loud) and prayer. Things first manifest in the spiritual and then in the natural.

3. Our perseverance in prayer and faith will build character and hope (Romans 5:4). If we are ever to make a difference to our lives and the wider world, we need a robust faith that can fight battles. So, in the spiritual armour, proclaiming God's word and praying in the spirit, you have to hang on in. Moreover, you could become the person who makes a difference, not just to your own life, but also to the lives of others. There is a lack of agency in many areas worldwide. Our help often needs to come through to us in practical ways. Or else, we need to manoeuvre ourselves into the right place to receive it.

4. God's riches are in Christ Jesus. Therefore, you (all of us) need to be more focussed on what God wants for us than on what is currently going wrong in our lives. God wants to bless us, but we have to be in the right place at the right time doing the right things. It makes sense, right? The boat comes into the harbour, but we have to be there on the quay to receive the cargo. So this is where it is about us as individuals in our faith walk with God. If you have a problem, go to God in prayer. Seek communion with Him. Get your eyes off the problem and onto God, who has the answers.

I hope you find some fellowship and comfort in your troubled times,

God bless you.
1) yes, but that is my choice. I can’t keep up the facade of a solid believer in front of them. The last time I went I almost couldn’t hold back the anger. I am also generally an introvert who can put up a mask of friendliness, but find it exhausting. Between the two, I just can’t manage church.
2) never wanted anything to do with the warfare aspect. The metaphorical position I wanted wasn’t the soldier. At most I was the guy who ONLY signed up for the GI bill.
3) I am uninterested in character or making a difference in the world. The world’s problems are theirs to deal with. I have enough of my own. Also, the problem I am praying for the only solution is the miracle. Medicine cannot fix my wife.
4) I am focused. He wants me to suffer. And he is either through action (directly causing) or inaction (not stopping the Devil) getting it.

• Prayers
Reactions: Battleweary
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

And you? Do you really care for Him? Or is God just a divine vending machine who is somehow obligated to give you what you want when you want it? Is your trust and love of God contingent upon how well He fulfills your requests? What sort of love is that?

God's primary interest in your life - and the life of any person He has created - is that you become more like Jesus (Romans 8:29). It is in being more like him that you come to know God better, enjoy Him deeply, and glorify Him through your life. God made you for Himself, for His purposes, not for yours.

Every experience of life God intends to use - if you'll let Him - to advance Christlikeness in you. But when you dig in your heels and curse God, refusing to yield yourself to Him, life's circumstances (the bad ones, in particular) become meaningless and destructive.

I speak from a circumstance of chronic pain and debilitation. What I'm telling you isn't just theory for me.

1 Corinthians 10:31
31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 6:20
20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Matthew 5:16

16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Battleweary

Dec 5, 2020
Caen
✟8,661.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
1) yes, but that is my choice. I can’t keep up the facade of a solid believer in front of them. The last time I went I almost couldn’t hold back the anger. I am also generally an introvert who can put up a mask of friendliness, but find it exhausting. Between the two, I just can’t manage church.
2) never wanted anything to do with the warfare aspect. The metaphorical position I wanted wasn’t the soldier. At most I was the guy who ONLY signed up for the GI bill.
3) I am uninterested in character or making a difference in the world. The world’s problems are theirs to deal with. I have enough of my own. Also, the problem I am praying for the only solution is the miracle. Medicine cannot fix my wife.
4) I am focused. He wants me to suffer. And he is either through action (directly causing) or inaction (not stopping the Devil) getting it.

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear about your wife. This is heartbreaking. You have every right to be angry. It's your pain and frustration. God can understand that anger and pain. Take it to Him. He will be there for you. In an ideal world, the one God intended, there would be no disease. There are cures and treatments for many diseases, but not yet for all. Sometimes, people experience miracles. I don't know why this doesn't happen for everyone. However, I do know that there's no comfort or hope outside of a relationship with God. Even if we are railing at Him, or weeping at His feet. We need that connection. It's also the best thing you can do for your wife. Your faith and prayers might not be having a visible impact, but they could be filling her with peace and a sense of being loved.

In terms of fellowship, I wasn't really specifically thinking about church. There's a difference between having friends and confidantes who genuinely care and who will stand with you and support you, and joining a kind of social club, where everyone is there for different reasons. A church or some church members can be close and there for you, but certainly not everyone. You need authenticity.

The warfare is just imagery that makes it easier to visualise. It could just as easily be a lawyer in a court of law, but the letter was written at a time when there were Roman soldiers everywhere. It's defence, spiritual self defence.

I believe that our personal victories change the world primarily for ourselves and other people's victories change the world for us, so we don't have to directly take other people's problems on board. Our own personal victories change things anyway.

Just be real with God, as you have been real on this forum. He is waiting for you. Peace, praying for you and your wife.

Upvote 0

The Lone Ranger

Kemosabe
Sep 23, 2012
Rolling Stone
✟20,703.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I understand, everybody wants a comfortable life but it's not happening, so maybe that is not the ultimate goal of our lives here on earth there's more to it than that. Just saying, Jesus as our role model did not live a comfortable life, he was crucified on the cross. Have to see the big picture, see beyond here and now, look forward to the kingdom of God where we can have the comfort and joy we all long for, for all eternity.
Jesus, Yeshua, was chosen to suffer, by The Father though. He became the lamb

Reactions: Mak33y
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible presents a different picture of caring that I think we are used to, but it's complicated. It all appears to revolve around the idea of personal development, of going through the struggles and strains of life in order to become more fully who you are. Cultivated plants, that we fuss over and protect from parasites and illnesses, that we interfere with to make them more how we want them to be, are weak and vulnerable. Weeds, like dandelions for example, will push up through concrete and put down deep roots in hard soil without any help - a much harder struggle, leading to a much more resilient plant. Speaking personally I've been through some periods I found very difficult. I prayed a lot, but those prayers were answered with a change of perspective that I only understood the use of much later.

Upvote 0

Battleweary

Dec 5, 2020
Caen
✟8,661.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How many prayers to heal covid-19 were answered?
If divine healing is true, any purpose God let many christians die of covid?
Pray in the name of Jesus and get healed is totally not verifiable.

But I believe that the prayers of believers worldwide have helped bring the world towards a solution and brought about many other positive changes on individual and national levels. The world isn't just sick with COVID. In Luke 18:10, we are exhorted to pray and keep praying and not to give up. It works things out in us and outside us. I would totally advocate praying and believing for healing. We might not get the answer we imagine, but prayer moves the arm of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Ive just read something that provides some form of comfort. The rich man and Lazarus, Im sure you know the one. The bible says when we get to heaven those that have suffered in this life will be comforted. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. I'll look forward to meeting you at the front of the queue.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well Ive just read something that provides some form of comfort. The rich man and Lazarus, Im sure you know the one. The bible says when we get to heaven those that have suffered in this life will be comforted. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. I'll look forward to meeting you at the front of the queue.
No. That is called too little too late. Over the weekend, I realized something. I detest being comforted when I am upset. I generally respond with increased anger when some does the hand on my shoulder bit. That is undoubtedly part of the issue here as God has chosen ONLY comforting rather than actually helping.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?

Maybe you already covered this, but can you give an example?

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is undoubtedly part of the issue here as God has chosen ONLY comforting rather than actually helping.

[tough love mode on]

What part of creation did God not provide for you? Did God not give you a wife? Have you not enjoyed your time together with her? How can man complain about anything when the air that we breathe is a gift from God? Which one of the saints in the book of Acts died of old age in comfortable retirement with family and friends?

[/tough love mode off]

Dear Brother, The comforting is how God helps. Miraculous healing in the age of grace is not a promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. That is called too little too late. Over the weekend, I realized something. I detest being comforted when I am upset. I generally respond with increased anger when some does the hand on my shoulder bit. That is undoubtedly part of the issue here as God has chosen ONLY comforting rather than actually helping.

Have you tried seeking help from people with extraordinary testimonies?
Check out these threads to find some examples:
1) How often do missionaries report miracles while on the mission field?
2) How can I bring the presence of God into my room or other "intimate" place?

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[tough love mode on]

What part of creation did God not provide for you? Did God not give you a wife? Have you not enjoyed your time together with her? How can man complain about anything when the air that we breathe is a gift from God? Which one of the saints in the book of Acts died of old age in comfortable retirement with family and friends?

[/tough love mode off]

Dear Brother, The comforting is how God helps. Miraculous healing in the age of grace is not a promise.
Comforting = no help

Upvote 0