Why does God claim He care when it is clear he doesn’t?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have done that. No help. That made things worse. As for your other post, what comes after is rapidly losing value to me.
Cause if it was the situation, etc, you need to seriously consider whether or not that was all just coincidence, or was all just going to happen anyway, etc...

But your "attitude" I've got to tell you right now is very, very "crappy", etc, and I'm only using the word "crappy" here, only because I can't use other words here on this site, etc, and I think I can see very, very, very clearly right now or right away just why God is just not at all responding to it, or to you right now, etc...

I don't think your really truly humbling yourself enough, etc...

You might think you have or did for maybe a very short time maybe, etc, but I can very clearly see that it was not something that stuck, or truly stuck with you enough, etc...

But even if it ever does, or even if it were to ever did, etc, you still need to learn to accept God's answers even if those answers are still only just "No" only still, etc...

IMHO, your very much greatly disrespecting the rest of us who have gone through, or still did still keep our faith all the while through things like this in my book, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

The Lone Ranger

Kemosabe
Sep 23, 2012
Rolling Stone
✟20,703.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?

Deuteronomy 4. Specifically Deuteronomy 4:2 for those who claim Yeshua took away the Commandments. Also Matthew 5:17-18. John 6 says HIS spirit will convict us. Let The Spirit convict you, if following a Messianic faith is sinful.

Upvote 0

LayHong_Loves_Christ

Jun 14, 2020
Penang
✟46,081.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?
I agree with you, seeking God mostly like a blind man trying to find something in the dark, very pitiful.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to have faith and endure, even if you don't understand why God doesn't do something, in the end having God is very beneficial even in this earth, he likes to bless his children of that you can be sure of. I don't know what are you going to get just blaming him and judge him, maybe you get a response or i don't know... sure it doesn't seem something that got something out of God in the bible, i don't know.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

You don't love Him according to your words. Some of us are aware of HIS LOVE THAT WE DON'T EVEN DESERVE. Apparently you haven't been reading your Bible which explains our suffering.

Christian Gratitude2.jpg
Christian Gratitude.jpg

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brother, I understand your pain having been there my self. The truth of God is that He is focused on eternity. I mean you no harm by this statement, but as long as you keep your focus on the here and now you will have pain. There is nothing wrong with praying for healing, however the better prayer is for strength to make it though this. Regardless of the outcome eternity is waiting for you and her. Don't let the enemy shift your focus away from that.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you have heard of research about reversing the effects of major strokes on a person ( my wife in this case)? I have done some research and not come across anything like that.

Hi brother,
I'm really sorry about what you are going through, what your wife is going through. I don't know how she was effected by the stroke. The effects of a stroke may heal or get better over time.

It's not good to blame God about it. He loves you and your wife dearly. I believe he is suffering with you. You know, we pray for miracles, we hope, we pray, that is all we can do. I myself have prayed for a healing for many years, without any real answer to "why". Even the healing hasn't come yet, I know God loves me, as He loves the two of you also. Like someone said in the thread, the world is fallen, and that means we haven't the assurance of miracles and healings right now. At the same time I'm sure God wants you to be happy, to be well. It's one of those "whys" we don't have an answer to now, but one day we will.

Don't put the burden on yourself, that you need to pray more or fast more. If a healing is to take place it's all a gift of God. Don't get me wrong, of course pray about it (and fast if you like), just don't think you can force God to act. Miracles is all through mercy.

Christ love,
I will pray for you today,
Peter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, as long as you continue to yield your mouth to the devil to speak against God, things will not only not get better, they will get worse - you may not realize it, but things can get much much worse for you - your first step to receiving from God is to stop speaking evil against Him. the devil takes what you say that's against God and goes straight to God and accuses you of rejecting Him in the High Court of Heaven just as is recorded in the book of Job, using your own words as evidence against you. your attorney, Jesus, can't help you because you keep confessing to this crime - so God, being the Judge Who always judges rightly, has to allow the devil continued access to your life to steal, kill and destroy - and this grieves Him more than you are grieved because He loves you AND your wife more than you ever can in this life.

wake up! humble yourself before the Lord while you still can, and pick your faith back up to do those things He's told you to do in His Word (as has been shared with you in multiple threads by multiple people) - for your own sake, if not for hers

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Suffice it to say I have a problem which literally cannot be solved by mortal means (with other issues stemming from it that make it worse). Only the divine can fix it. What I get from God instead of actual help is essentially a pat on the head or a (totally not) comforting word about his caring and love (or control, or plans, or anything else that doesn’t change the situation in the slightest).

He's given us eternal life. The suffering of this world is only for a moment. We will experience suffering throughout life. Remain steadfast and remember the end goal. Eternity in paradise is yours.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've been there, and I think I might have been a baptist at the time also.

In general, God connects to us through our faith, the places we need Him most have no faith - so there is a gap, and it takes time.

much more time than patience tends to allow.

Upvote 0

Mak33y

Soar Like An Eagle
Jul 29, 2006
Manila
✟27,794.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I wanted to share this with you and I hope you read and consider it.

Perfect through suffering. (Hebrews 2:10)
Steel is the product of iron plus fire. Soil is rock plus heat and the crushing of glaciers. Linen is flax plus the water that cleans it, the comb that separates it, the flail that pounds it, and the shut- tle that weaves it. In the same way, the development of human character requires a plus attached to it, for great character is made not through luxurious living but through suffering. And the world does not forget people of great character.
I once heard the story of a mother who brought a crippled boy with a hunched back into her home as a companion for her own son. She warned her son to be very careful not to refer to the other boy’s deformity, since this was a sensitive matter to him. And she encouraged him to play with his new friend as if he were a normal child.But after listening to her son play with him for a few minutes, she heard him ask his companion, “Do you know what that is on your back?”The crippled boy was embarrassed, hesitated a moment, but before he could respond, his friend answered the question for him by saying,“It is the box that holds your wings, and someday God is going to break it open, and you will fly away to be an angel.”
Someday God is going to reveal this fact to every Christian: the very things they now rebel against are the instruments He has used to perfect their character and to mold them into perfection, so they may later be used as polished stones in His heav- en yet to come.

Suffering is a wonderful fertilizer for the roots of character. The great objective of this life is character, for it is the only thing we can carry with us into eternity.And gaining as much of the highest character possible is the purpose of our trials.
The mountain of vision is won by no other road than the one covered with thorns.
~ from the book Streams in the Desert

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to share this with you and I hope you read and consider it.

Perfect through suffering. (Hebrews 2:10)
Steel is the product of iron plus fire. Soil is rock plus heat and the crushing of glaciers. Linen is flax plus the water that cleans it, the comb that separates it, the flail that pounds it, and the shut- tle that weaves it. In the same way, the development of human character requires a plus attached to it, for great character is made not through luxurious living but through suffering. And the world does not forget people of great character.
I once heard the story of a mother who brought a crippled boy with a hunched back into her home as a companion for her own son. She warned her son to be very careful not to refer to the other boy’s deformity, since this was a sensitive matter to him. And she encouraged him to play with his new friend as if he were a normal child.But after listening to her son play with him for a few minutes, she heard him ask his companion, “Do you know what that is on your back?”The crippled boy was embarrassed, hesitated a moment, but before he could respond, his friend answered the question for him by saying,“It is the box that holds your wings, and someday God is going to break it open, and you will fly away to be an angel.”
Someday God is going to reveal this fact to every Christian: the very things they now rebel against are the instruments He has used to perfect their character and to mold them into perfection, so they may later be used as polished stones in His heav- en yet to come.

Suffering is a wonderful fertilizer for the roots of character. The great objective of this life is character, for it is the only thing we can carry with us into eternity.And gaining as much of the highest character possible is the purpose of our trials.
The mountain of vision is won by no other road than the one covered with thorns.
~ from the book Streams in the Desert
This is a great story, seriously. The only problem is that NONE of what it encourages matters to me in the slightest. I do not desire great character or being remembered. I would trade both for a comfortable life. To me the suffering is concentrated cyanide.

Upvote 0

Mak33y

Soar Like An Eagle
Jul 29, 2006
Manila
✟27,794.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a great story, seriously. The only problem is that NONE of what it encourages matters to me in the slightest. I do not desire great character or being remembered. I would trade both for a comfortable life. To me the suffering is concentrated cyanide.

I understand, everybody wants a comfortable life but it's not happening, so maybe that is not the ultimate goal of our lives here on earth there's more to it than that. Just saying, Jesus as our role model did not live a comfortable life, he was crucified on the cross. Have to see the big picture, see beyond here and now, look forward to the kingdom of God where we can have the comfort and joy we all long for, for all eternity.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I understand, everybody wants a comfortable life but it's not happening, so maybe that is not the ultimate goal of our lives here on earth there's more to it than that. Just saying, Jesus as our role model did not live a comfortable life, he was crucified on the cross. Have to see the big picture, see beyond here and now, look forward to the kingdom of God where we can have the comfort and joy we all long for, for all eternity.
Rapidly becoming too little way too late.

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please do not believe the person who is suggesting that you or your wife "deserved" to have this stroke because of "lack of faith". That's false prosperity gospel, and God has made NO promises that humans will not experience trials on this earth and we only need look at the lives of many of the most prominent people in scripture, chosen by God for some purpose, to see that they had times of severe trouble and suffering. They cried out to God and questioned him too.

We live in a fallen world and as a consequence of living in a fallen world, there is sickness, suffering, and even death. God himself deeply experienced it when he came to live here on earth in the flesh. We persevere as we wait for the restoration he has promised, and I believe God weeps and suffers along with us, his beloved creation, until that day comes.

But you are deep in grief and no platitudes are going to be enough to ease your grief. *virtual hugs*

And also that telling someone they "lack faith" whenever something bad happens is a terrible hateful thing to say. You can do everything right, take all the precautions, and still have something bad happen. That's just life.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you read the rest of the thread?
I have prayed and begged for my wife to be healed of the strokes she has had. Her condition is no hope for healing medically. If his answer is no, THAT is the harmful part. It absolutely will drive me from him. I don’t care or want anything else from Him without the healing. Again, I am not talking the she dies and now she is whole bit. I am talking healed on earth while she is alive. The after death healing would be a truly epic case of too little, too late.

I just read your initial post. Brother I truly do have compassion for you and your wife and will ask the Lord to remind ot pray often for you ( I am more forgetful these days and need reminders).

I would beg you not to base your staying or walking from the Lord (though you can't for He will never leave you if you are His). There are many things and situations that we do not know WHY God seems so cold and distant. We pray, we plead, we beg God to answer as we want Him to and He hasn't or doesn't.

I am not goignt o pretend I know why and give you some cocka-mame answer. We can only see what we can see and that is like a grain of sand on a thousand mile beach!

If your wife knows the Lord then you must rest in His promises that He knows what He is about! Sometimes that isn't easy, sometimes it means an answer to prayer is the exact opposite of what WE want. But He calls us to trust Him in good and really really bad times as well.

I will give you one set of verses that I hope you will allow the Holy Spirit to minister to your heart in these very vey dark times you and especially your wife is experiencing.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

My brother, trust in Him with all the strength you have left! Do not let emotions destroy that trust. I know how easy that can be. If I could heal I would but I can only pray for you and your wife that until God heals her (in this life or when He calls her home) I will pray that He minister to you in this time fo great sorrow and darkness.

Upvote 0