Why does God claim He care when it is clear he doesn’t?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meaningless without her being healed.
Many have false dreams and claims of healing and they rob others of their faith in God. Did you know Paul no longer healed in the Epistles, but placed his sick friends on medicine instead?

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Been praying continually for it. Begging. Tried laying of hands. Tried church elders. Tried communion healing.

But did you try fasting? Say, 3 or more days of full-time fasting and praying, and nothing else (no TV, no smartphone, no Netflix, etc.)?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But did you try fasting? Say, 3 or more days of full-time fasting and praying, and nothing else (no TV, no smartphone, no Netflix, etc.)?
Do you have any examples of people being healed this way?

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have any examples of people being healed this way?

I know astounding testimonies of people who had spiritual breakthroughs thanks to fasting, sometimes including miraculous healing.

Examples in English:
1) HOW FASTING BROKE A 22 YEAR DRUG ADDICTION OFF MY LIFE AND DREW ME CLOSER TO GOD
2) 40 days fast led by the Holy Spirit, Best of 2018! Amazing year led by Jesus

Examples in Spanish:
1) Yiye Avila experiencia con huestes demoniacas
2) Te Sorprendera Lo Que Vio Yiye Avila en los 40 dias de Ayuno

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know astounding testimonies of people who had spiritual breakthroughs thanks to fasting, sometimes including miraculous healing.

Examples in English:
1) HOW FASTING BROKE A 22 YEAR DRUG ADDICTION OFF MY LIFE AND DREW ME CLOSER TO GOD
2) 40 days fast led by the Holy Spirit, Best of 2018! Amazing year led by Jesus

Examples in Spanish:
1) Yiye Avila experiencia con huestes demoniacas
2) Te Sorprendera Lo Que Vio Yiye Avila en los 40 dias de Ayuno
It makes sense. That if you stop sinning through fasting, sin induced illness will end.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found.
That hasn't been my experience. Not at all. There've been times I didn't get the help that I thought I needed, but never a time I didn't get what I actually needed.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are all Mortal creatures. If we don't take care of our bodies they will start falling apart. Our bodies will fall apart regardless anyways sooner or later. Sometimes miracles happen but a lot of times they don't.

When you die then you're relieved of your mortal body. for some reason people are scared to die even though that would relieve them of their body in this world of suffering. Worse of all is seeing your loved ones suffer or die.

Suffering and torture is the absolute worst part of this reality. Even the son of God suffered. In comparison to suffering death is a great relief.

Not enough people rejoice when someone dies and their burden is ended. Not enough people celebrate that they have died and gone to heaven and to God.

It's natural to suffer when your loved ones suffer and it's natural to freak out about horrible things. This world is a truly insane place, even though we tend to ignore that until we're directly affected. Even if we bring the Kingdom of Heaven to it more, all suffering would not be eliminated.

There is not a perfect answer for imperfect bodies. That's why they only live for a little while. This world is an extremely harsh trial for our souls. Our souls are more important than our bodies are. For some reason God thought this life was required for us, either that or we ourselves for some reason thought this life was required for us.

This is a time of darkness and sorrow. Will love be killed because of this horrible reality?

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear you brother. Ive given up praying. Seems every tome I pray things get worse. About a month ago I had a spell that I started seeking God more and tryng to get closer to him. The result, involved in two accidents in my car that were not my fault, my work getting so bad I had to raise a tribunal claim against my employer and other things I wont list. And thats just in a few weeks after getting closer to God. Its been like this for 20 years but just gets worse. And dont tell me to fast, due to the health issues I have that is a non starter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?

Hey brother.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world (everyone) that He gave (freely) His only begotten Son, that whoever believes (anyone) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (spiritual life).

Listen and listen closely to me...​

So you have heard of research about reversing the effects of major strokes on a person ( my wife in this case)? I have done some research and not come across anything like that.​

My friend Angel, is 35 years old, and he has a handicap he always has to use a wheelchair. His mother is 65 years old had a stroke, and now has to use a walker. Both believe in God, and do their best to take care of each other.

He said she can not remember everything, but he reminds her when she does forget.
Please be mindful that even though some things in this life can not be healed, there is probably someone in a worst situation. Love those you are around in the best way you can now, while you have them.

Don't harbor hate in your soul because it's hard to get rid of unless you let the light of Jesus Christ, shine in through that darkness.​

God bless.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God claim he cares and loves us, but when you really need Him to act, He does nothing. If you need a comforting word, a hand on your shoulder, or verbal reassurance that someone cares, He is all over that. If you need actual help, something that would make a REAL difference, He is nowhere to be found. He would rather you suffer than lift a finger to stop it. Why does God lie and say He cares when he really doesn’t give a damn?

Name one thing you think you have that God hasn’t given you.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey brother.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world (everyone) that He gave (freely) His only begotten Son, that whoever believes (anyone) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (spiritual life).

Listen and listen closely to me...​

So you have heard of research about reversing the effects of major strokes on a person ( my wife in this case)? I have done some research and not come across anything like that.​

My friend Angel, is 35 years old, and he has a handicap he always has to use a wheelchair. His mother is 65 years old had a stroke, and now has to use a walker. Both believe in God, and do their best to take care of each other.

He said she can not remember everything, but he reminds her when she does forget.
Please be mindful that even though some things in this life can not be healed, there is probably someone in a worst situation. Love those you are around in the best way you can now, while you have them.

Don't harbor hate in your soul because it's hard to get rid of unless you let the light of Jesus Christ, shine in through that darkness.​

God bless.
That is terrible for them. That being said, I don’t really care. It doesn’t matter to me what someone else is going through. I never understood the they are doing worse so you should feel better about your situation thing

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Name one thing you think you have that God hasn’t given you.
The problem is what I don’t have, and that renders the rest meaningless. I NEED my wife to be healed. I don’t need strength, grace, mercy, love, wisdom, endurance, or any of the other spiritual stuff that God is all over. I need Him to heal her. Otherwise, He has nothing worth having. Also, just to be clear. I am not talking about her dying and being healed that way, I am talking about healed in the here and now. ANYTHING ELSE is Him answering my prayers with, “I don’t care!”

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is terrible for them. That being said, I don’t really care. It doesn’t matter to me what someone else is going through. I never understood the they are doing worse so you should feel better about your situation thing

ok

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I get you bro. It's a hard question people have asked through out time, you can even see these complaints in Psalms.

It is a very painful, aggravating, and frustrating question that I have to be honest and say this can't be given a satisfying answer.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The problem is what I don’t have, and that renders the rest meaningless. I NEED my wife to be healed. I don’t need strength, grace, mercy, love, wisdom, endurance, or any of the other spiritual stuff that God is all over. I need Him to heal her. Otherwise, He has nothing worth having. Also, just to be clear. I am not talking about her dying and being healed that way, I am talking about healed in the here and now. ANYTHING ELSE is Him answering my prayers with, “I don’t care!”
Very well. I accept that that is your view of the matter.

But what I am reading looks like 1) demands being made on God, not petitions, and 2) a swearing-off God by the person who was asking for something from Him.

Then there follows a "Why hasn't he helped?"

Why indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: Celticroots
Upvote 0

rom8:38

Sep 13, 2020
Temecula
✟24,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has a plan and we haven't a clue about all of its ramifications. It does however, work to the good of all His children. He never said life would be easy. And we all have an allotted time on this earth to accomplish His will and not a moment more.

Jesus said that we would be tested and suffered like Him.

If you are struggling with unanswered prayer, perhaps it would behoove you to practice gratitude first.

God bless you in your travails.

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I see your pain. You are in my prayers.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You lack faith. Why do you expect God to do the things for you that you can do yourself? Have you thanked Him lately for what you have? I was thinking about some of the choices I have made and opportunities I have squandered and I was wondering what I did to deserve the situation I was in when I saw a woman on the street corner in a wheel chair with a God bless America hand written sign. Then she got out of her wheelchair and started walking down the street. At first I thought she had on platform boots like Lady Gaga wears and she had on a mini skirt and I thought " Thats a strange way to dress and have a wheelchair." Upon closer examination I realized she had 2 prosthetic metal legs attached to rubber boots to aid in her walking and she was probably wearing all she could find to help her use the bathroom easier and have access to adjust the legs as necessary and I asked God to forgive me if I had looked at her in a way as to perceive her wrongly and I was given a video clip in my head of her learning to walk with those legs and crying in pain as she fell and tried again and fell and tried again and started to walk. THAT lady had it rough and she was on the streets and her sign just said " God Bless America." Here she was asking God to bless people who just drive by her, scoff at her, look down on her with their wealth and their blessings to go home to their warm houses, refrigerators and warm beds. I wondered where she slept that night and pictured her sleeping, shivering in that wheelchair at the entrance of a closed business and thought, " Lord, please I am not in a position to help myself but please pass on some of my blessings to her as she really needs them right now." I was sincere in my prayer. The next day my situation completely fixed itself and I am going to try to find that lady and try to do something for her. Even if it isn't much, the Lord uses us to recognize our blessings and share them.

Upvote 0