Addis Ababa
✟35,266.00
Country
Ethiopia
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's God's way of purification. And only the pure in heart will see Him. So, we will see Him and His works through suffering.

And it's also a Christian order as in 2 Timothy 4 "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry."

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who complain about pain have not considered the alternative.

one day when my arms were so painful, thought if only could put them on shelf for a while so I could rest

realized immediately what thought because someone without arms would take the pain just to have arms

so do try to remember that but it's not easy on the days when pain level is 8, 9, or 10/10 and my whole body hurts
thankfully don't have those higher pain days everyday and God gives me rest

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a popular question among non-believers and a reason why many claim there is no God. Or, why they believe in another God or religion such as Buddhism which explains this away as "karma". But as a Christian, what do you think is the reason God allows suffering?

"No pain" is death.
Love is all about pain.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think suffering is an inevitable part of living in the world where we have free wills, and "the prince of this world" (John 14:30) has not yet be bound (Rev. 20:2).

I think this is an important issue for one to understand, both for him/herself, and for the sake of treating the sufferings of others with compassion and sensitivity:

Did God Cause My Abuse For My Good?

Upvote 0