Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am 30 and single and I am loving it. This way without a partner my life has less stress and responsibilities. I kind of like it that way. I hate violence and drama and chaos.

I see a lot of people want to get married. Fine, I don't share your sentiments, but whatever. :nowords: I actually am afraid of marriage and commitment, so I am the exact opposite of you. I think that if I stay single I will have less troubles in life.

HisWinterRose

WIFE & MOM
Jul 8, 2004
OHIO
✟69,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got married almost 40 years ago { April 1st marks 40 years } I wanted to prove to myself that I would have a marriage that would stand the test of time and I could tell my children that there parents were in love and that we had GOD on our side. And as I said here we are celebrating yet another birthday { mine } in a few days { 12/19 = 60 years old } and I have been thru a lot in the time we have been together. I am so thankful for my husband too ... he too has been thru a lot & I have been right there at his side. :heart:

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also my situation in life is unique. I am a special needs person who has a lot of needs, so we think I would actually falter with a spouse and not do too well, you know? I have autism and other mental disabilities.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh hi winter rose! I suppose that if you are able to get married then you should, unlike me who signed her marriage rights away in a court of law. So now I cannot legally get married. Which suits me fine since I am afraid of marriage anyways.

Didn't Paul say it is better to marry than to burn?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't Paul say it is better to marry than to burn?

But it sounds like YOU are not burning (in lust).

Regarding marriage, Jesus says that each one must follow his/her own God-given path.

Matthew 19

10 Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If this is the case, it is better not to marry!”

11 “Not everyone can accept this statement,” Jesus said. “Only those whom God helps. 12 Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marry for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.”

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am 30 and single and I am loving it. This way without a partner my life has less stress and responsibilities. I kind of like it that way. I hate violence and drama and chaos.

I see a lot of people want to get married. Fine, I don't share your sentiments, but whatever. :nowords: I actually am afraid of marriage and commitment, so I am the exact opposite of you. I think that if I stay single I will have less troubles in life.
I totally agree with you Jacqueline and also admire your decision. Both the Lord Jesus and the Apostle Paul completely agree with you too :). I'm single myself and will avoid marriage for as long as possible. I guess I'll eventually end up marrying just to have someone with me in my old age (should that even be God's will), especially if I returned to America.

With regards to your other post: If you're snowed in or it's bone-chilling in TN, you and your dad can think of chess, scrabble, or other board games. If you enjoy video games those could be fun too. I used to watch football and Bill Shatner's Star Trek when I was cooped up in Virginia. Do something fun that you and your dad enjoy. That'll keep you from being gloomy. Nice conversation may also help. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

eighty_proof

Jan 7, 2018
Nowhere
✟758.00
Country
Nicaragua
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yeah... I don't think being single because of fear is the healthiest reason to be single, to be honest.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

This is a old post but I do feel quite same like you. Most of the time. Although I do believe that with right person it would not be misery all the time. Maby it would be nice.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Walking the Path

Feb 11, 2021
Midlands
✟16,020.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hello there!

I am also single, and I enjoy spending time alone. I am pretty introverted, and I am not awfully good at striking up conversation with people. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying single life; if it makes you happy, embrace it.

If and when, you meet someone and wish to settle down; you may have a change of prospective, however, there's no pressure.

Blessings!

P.S. Just noted this is from 2017, however, couldn't resist writing a response to this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ctrudel

Feb 20, 2021
Grand falls
✟7,704.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced

I like the idea of having someone to go home to. I'm not interested in become a cat lady :p

Upvote 0