Why does everyone dislike homosexuality so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So a "homosexual" should demonstrate a deeper love by the forgoing sex, unless he/she decides he/she must have children and then marry the opposite sex and demonstrate pure love toward that spouse and the children.
Why should they forgo sex? Why should they marry and fall in love with someone of the opposite if they want kids? Our hypothetical person is homosexual: they have no desire to be romantically involved with someone of the opposite sex, just as heterosexuals have no interest in the same sex.

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think the majority of Chinese, who are 95% atheist, dislike homosexuality?

Did you ever consider that?
Well, it obviously has nothing to do with Biblical beliefs...I don't understand what point you're trying to make here...

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Does "unnatural" come to mind at all?
So you're going to base your beliefs and opinions on homosexuality on a country that is significantly different then ours and isn't a "Christian nation" as so many claim we are?

Have you ever thought that maybe people think it's unnatural because science is still figuring it out and that human sexuality is a very complicated thing? I mean, there was one point in time where people thought the world was flat until science proved them wrong. There was also a time where people thought the sun revolved around the earth based on Biblical passages, but science also proved that wrong.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So you're going to base your beliefs and opinions on homosexuality on a country that is significantly different then ours and isn't a "Christian nation" as so many claim we are?

Sin knows no borders.

Have you ever thought that maybe people think it's unnatural because science is still figuring it out and that human sexuality is a very complicated thing? I mean, there was one point in time where people thought the world was flat until science proved them wrong. There was also a time where people thought the sun revolved around the earth based on Biblical passages, but science also proved that wrong.

People know it is unnatural! They know it because the law is written on our hearts to begin with. It is only indulged in out of rebellion. Just like when mama says, "No playing outside with your good shoes!" and you come home with them all scuffed up. It is the normal pattern of rebellion to want to do the things that are forbidden! Remember Adam and Eve?

Human sexuality in the believer is not complicated in the least. It is sinfulness that complicates it.

Regarding Science and the Bible--the bible has always been proved correct by Science. You are choosing to believe hype.

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sin knows no borders.

People know it is unnatural! They know it because the law is written on our hearts to begin with. It is only indulged in out of rebellion. Just like when mama says, "No playing outside with your good shoes!" and you come home with them all scuffed up. It is the normal pattern of rebellion to want to do the things that are forbidden! Remember Adam and Eve?

Human sexuality in the believer is not complicated in the least. It is sinfulness that complicates it.

Regarding Science and the Bible--the bible has always been proved correct by Science. You are choosing to believe hype.
Science has proved the Bible wrong on many, many occasions. Do you ignore the fact that people once thought the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth? Or are you just ignoring that part?

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Science has proved the Bible wrong on many, many occasions. Do you ignore the fact that people once thought the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth? Or are you just ignoring that part?

From past experience..ignoring.

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

Oh boy, the unnatural argument again!! Ok, let's hear it.

1) What does it mean for something to be "unnatural"?; and

2) Why is unnatural a bad thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
But it's sort of fun sometimes ;)

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

Bampot

May 14, 2009
Indiana
✟7,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a sexual preference. I don't like or dislike it.

As for gays in general, they're just like anyone else. I either don't get along with them or I do. One of my best friends happens to be gay. So does one of my enemies.

I think people frown upon homosexuality because it's something they don't understand or something they've been brought to believe is disgusting.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

No Science has never proved the Scriptures wrong. Never will. the author of scripture is the same One who created what Science investigates.

People thought the world was flat because they were ignorant.
People didn't always have Scripture to help them form their views. It's not a textbook, but it is Truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm slowly just starting to add the "crazies" to my ignore list as there seems to be no point in arguing with them when they ignore facts.

Why? I love teaching many crazies the truth.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh boy, the unnatural argument again!! Ok, let's hear it.

1) What does it mean for something to be "unnatural"?; and

2) Why is unnatural a bad thing?

It's unnatural because we were not created to put things in the behind for fun, nor behave lustfully or sexually with the same gender. We were created to have sexual intercourse with a married partner of the opposite sex.

Unnatural is bad because it has bad results.

Why would something unnatural and detestable by our God be good?

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
It's unnatural because we were not created to put things in the behind for fun, nor behave lustfully or sexually with the same gender. We were created to have sexual intercourse with a married partner of the opposite sex.

Unnatural is bad because it has bad results.

Why would something unnatural and detestable by our God be good?

What would you consider a natural thing that produces bad results to be?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.