Why does everyone dislike homosexuality so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't believe homosexuality is a sin because I think your god is a fairy tale, much like Zeus or any other. You forgot that option.

thats nice.... By what authority should I trust your opinion?

Is that supposed to be a truthful statement to you? while at the same time you deny the existence of ultimate truth?

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
thats nice.... By what authority should I trust your opinion?
Empirical evidence and Occam's razor.

Is that supposed to be a truthful statement to you? while at the same time you deny the existence of ultimate truth?
I don't think atheists deny the existence of 'ultimate truth'. I certainly don't. The ultimate truth is that the universe exists, that it functions according to scientific laws, and that these laws can be discovered.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Empirical evidence and Occam's razor.

I don't think atheists deny the existence of 'ultimate truth'. I certainly don't. The ultimate truth is that the universe exists, that it functions according to scientific laws, and that these laws can be discovered.

Number 3 is a bit iffy. Clearly some of these laws can be discovered, but this is not enough to show that all of them can be.

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe homosexuality is a sin because I think your god is a fairy tale, much like Zeus or any other. You forgot that option.

Why do you think the majority of Chinese, who are 95% atheist, dislike homosexuality?

Did you ever consider that?

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why do you think the majority of Chinese, who are 95% atheist, dislike homosexuality?

Sin is a religeous concept. I doubt the chinese considerit sin either. But just because someone doesn't like something, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Possibly the majority of Chinese, who are 95% atheist, also dislike Americans.

So what? Any nation that has a 'breed like rabbits' culture may well oppose homosexuality for that reason alone. I hate arrogant rap 'music' and I wish that IT and its rappers would go away. Maybe if I wish hard enough but I seriously doubt that it will. Therefore I have to learn to live with it. Maybe the Chinese should learn to live with - in fact encourage - homosexuality before it becomes 'standing room only'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Stats?

But maybe because they are culturally conditioned to say they "dislike" homosexuality? Wonder what those who are gay say about it...

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just want to hear peoples reasons behind their disapproval of gay people.

I love the notion of MOM and DAD, the HUSBAND and the WIFE, WOMAN and MAN.

What is there to love about homosexual activity that a husband and wife cannot do or accomplish far more perfectly together?

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I love the notion of MOM and DAD, the HUSBAND and the WIFE, WOMAN and MAN.

What is there to love about homosexual activity that a husband and wife cannot do or accomplish far more perfectly together?
Nothing: the love between a same-sex couple is as real as that between opposite-sex couples.

Upvote 0

PhilosophicalBluster

Existential Good-for-Nothing (See: Philosopher)
Dec 2, 2008
✟16,346.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

It's not a competition about who can do what better, it's about giving people equal rights... I really don't understand your train of thought behind this question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing: the love between a same-sex couple is as real as that between opposite-sex couples.

So a "homosexual" should demonstrate a deeper love by the forgoing sex, unless he/she decides he/she must have children and then marry the opposite sex and demonstrate pure love toward that spouse and the children.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not a competition about who can do what better, it's about giving people equal rights... I really don't understand your train of thought behind this question.

Homosexual actions and heterosexual actions are not equal.

Upvote 0

Stephen Kendall

believer of Jesus Christ
Sep 28, 2008
USA
✟9,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just want to hear peoples reasons behind their disapproval of gay people.

Christians love each other and the lost. God loves the lost, we only follow God. He doesn't love them being lost. He lovingly tries to save them. Can you get any more loving then to send your only son to show them the way to life?

Many Christians are not acting like Christ or within the will of God. They, in effect, are salt without saltiness, they are less than the lost, good for nothing, but true Christians love them anyway, in hope that they come back to God.

Who is to determine or judge people? True Christians aren't to judge, so they have an astounding amount of compassion and love. Those who call themselves Christians and don't know well the teachings of Christ, are lacking and appear to be like anti-Christs. Listening to Jesus and praying for his help will bring such Christians closer to God.

The real question is why does God call homosexuality wrong? Ask him! If you live that life style, you have extra company and no privacy. It might as well be called an orgy, for Satan is much pleased to join with you two. Any immoral act is pleasing to the disobedient one, Satan. You will find his passions swelling within yourself as you dwell in them. You want privacy and true freedom, then obey God and enjoy the light of his truth and love. God isn't a trap or enticement with covered-up motives, like Satan's, but instead is actually trying to make your life better and fuller. He is light and joy. People will dance in Heaven when they come there (like king David and others)(Dancing as new born calves).

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why does everyone dislike homosexuality so much?

It's something that God detests. His people love what God loves and hate what he hates. If he considers it an abominable sin, then we need to not commit it.

Simple. Sin makes people's minds and hearts clouded so they are blind to this very simple truth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.