Why does Drudge Report post news stories on robots and AI daily?

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does Matt Drudge own stock in it or something? Seriously, it's not even that interesting.

I've noticed it too...I actually think its because Matt Drudge has become a paranoid pothead conspiracy theorist. Like Alex Jones and his legion of drug addled followers, Drudge seems to think that technology is some great evil that must be fought against.
Of course the opposite is true...technology has made the world better, safer and more efficient in every way...and hopefully will continue to do so

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Write him and ask him.
If its not interesting to you personally just read your news elsewhere.
There are people who do find that sort of thing scary/fascinating (in a "robots taking over the world" sort of way).

If there are people who find it scary / fascinating, there must only be a handful of them out there. I've never met any of them.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there are people who find it scary / fascinating, there must only be a handful of them out there. I've never met any of them.

Meeting a handful people (when speaking of "who reads what" on line) would really be speaking of millions of people (not just the typical handful we might refer to when speaking of an off line handful).

There are over 26 million results on You tube alone for Robots
248 million on Google search, someone is interested in and/or watching and/or searching for this sort of thing.

Try a robot forum, you might have better luck meeting someone there

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The robotic/AI revolution, of which we are in the mere foothills, is going to be extremely disruptive to every aspect of society. It is coming on fast and is worth keeping tabs on.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meeting a handful people (when speaking of "who reads what" on line) would really be speaking of millions of people (not just the typical handful we might refer to when speaking of an off line handful).

There are over 26 million results on You tube alone for Robots
248 million on Google search, someone is interested in and/or watching and/or searching for this sort of thing.

Try a robot forum, you might have better luck meeting someone there

Interesting... I had no idea it was such a hot topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Because it's easiest to create conspiracy theories about things that the average person doesn't fully understand.
Write him and ask him.
If its not interesting to you personally just read your news elsewhere.
And if it is interesting to you, still read your news elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...But don't get me wrong, Drudge is my primary news source and has been for years.

I just don't understand why Matt wants me to buy a sex robot. Or am I supposed to be afraid of them? I dunno.

Upvote 0

erealmz

Oh, that's right...
Aug 28, 2017
City of Jade
✟6,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When the technological singularity is fully upon us, and it is too late to do anything other than obey, then you'll what the importance was.

It's true that I don't believe the Bible is from God, but rather man-made with the intent to promote it's so-called prophecies through careful orchestration of events and advancements. And ones of those advancements is spoken of in Revelation 13:15.

Though this article tells us otherwise, we all know that there is no evidence for the Supernatural. It will most likely be the image of robotics/A.I., with the life of energy and ability to interact. It will be worshipped and we will serve it.

Upvote 0