Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and if it's 2 or 3 gathered... what if you're by yourself? Then what are you going to do?
I worship when I am alone too.
I mean how do you offer worship to God?
(worship, worthship)
worship (n.) O.E. worðscip, wurðscip (Anglian), weorðscipe (W.Saxon) "condition of being worthy, honor, renown," from weorð "worthy" (see worth) + -scipe (see -ship). Sense of "reverence paid to a supernatural or divine being" is first recorded c.1300.You just demonstrate your belief that He (alone) is worthy...

1. Having worth or merit or value; being honorable or admirable......
2. Worthy of being chosen ....
3. Having qualities or abilities that merit recognition...
4. Morally admirable....
5. Meriting respect or esteem; "the worthy gentleman".[Wordnet]
6. Having high moral qualities...
7. Being respectable, honourable, venerable, honorable or reputable.
8. Being meritorious, commendable, creditable, laudable or praiseworthy. [Eve - graph theoretic]
9. Being proper, suitable, appropriate, decent or due

You don't know how to worship the Lord by yourself ? Really ?

Why do *you* refuse to assemble with others ? Or , are all christians in your community always in the same assemblies ?
Yes , discerning the body!
:thumbsup:

Appropriate to the discussion...

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I worship when I am alone too.

(worship, worthship)
worship (n.) O.E. worðscip, wurðscip (Anglian), weorðscipe (W.Saxon) "condition of being worthy, honor, renown," from weorð "worthy" (see worth) + -scipe (see -ship). Sense of "reverence paid to a supernatural or divine being" is first recorded c.1300.You just demonstrate your belief that He (alone) is worthy...

1. Having worth or merit or value; being honorable or admirable......
2. Worthy of being chosen ....
3. Having qualities or abilities that merit recognition...
4. Morally admirable....
5. Meriting respect or esteem; "the worthy gentleman".[Wordnet]
6. Having high moral qualities...
7. Being respectable, honourable, venerable, honorable or reputable.
8. Being meritorious, commendable, creditable, laudable or praiseworthy. [Eve - graph theoretic]
9. Being proper, suitable, appropriate, decent or due

Yes , discerning the body!

Appropriate to the discussion...

I was asking more about what the bible defines it and how God asks us to do it- not Webster... I could care less how the dictionary defines it.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
wow.... one thing I have to admit- just when I thought I heard it all- y'all hit me with new ones...

So an assembly of believers can be an assembly even if it's just one person?

It is never one person . One human , yes . But , not one person . The Lord is always there with whom one can assemble .

Did not know that...

again, this begs the question- what act of worship did God specifically ask for as the body of Christ?

Yes, we can worship God by our lonesome in a whole bunch of ways and that's a good thing, but what is *the* worship as a body and believers did God specifically ask for?

You obviously have something in mind - from Catholic doctrine . All He asks of me is to follow Him .

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was asking more about what the bible defines it and how God asks us to do it- not Webster... I could care less how the dictionary defines it.
If we know what it is, we know what it ISN'T.
His only requirement is that there are no requirements anymore.

RE: God and the woman at the well.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If we know what it is, we know what it ISN'T.
His only requirement is that there are no requirements anymore.

RE: God and the woman at the well.

where does the bible say that?

Jesus said to the women at the well the day will come when we do offer Him worship in spirit and in truth... I'm asking you, what is that worship in spirit and in truth? What is it?

Read Revelation- it was a vision given to John of the heavenly worship- the worship that takes place in heaven.

there is "w" orship and then there is "W" orship.

y'all worship God but you lack and can never give at home, the "W"orship God asked for.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You obviously have something in mind - from Catholic doctrine . All He asks of me is to follow Him .

The bible does not say that.. it really doesn't. Revelation and Hebrews tell what what God asks for and look at the early church.. they at first met in homes and went tho the temples, to do what? Break bread as a community. They also preached, not that preaching is how we worship because it's not.

In fact, look at Acts, they even formed a community.

Look, I will be honest... of all the incorrect notions many of you have, I think the is the worse.

No offesense. I'm not trying to be inconsiderate but y'all don't hold back on Catholics so what they heck. I might as well be blunt.

There is nothing in scripture that tell us to go off, be alone and worship God in spirit as the "W" orship He asked us to give Him.

We do, do that but there has been since day one (and y'all think all this was tossed out... why would you think that??) the Lord's day we are to keep holy and offer Worship to Him.

We see Paul tell us what that is... the Cup that we drink and the Bread that we eat, we proclaim the Lord's death until He comes again.

It is ALL over the NT. Jesus Himself said, UNLESS...unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, you have no life.... and Jesus the night He was betrayed said to DO THIS in His memory.... not stay home and do what ever... ??? please...

This aggregates me because it's y'all who haughtily say to us, you ONLY do what's in the bible... um, no you don't. No. you. don't.

anyway.... I give up.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have a lot to learn about Catholics . Spend some time with real Catholics - those born and raised such - then , you will know what Catholicism is about . Try telling *them* about the cateshism and where they disobey the Catholic teachings . You will get an ear full . Go ahead , try telling someone between 30 and 60 years of age that Friday abstinence is still in effect as per the catechism . You will find out what real Catholics have to say to you converts who think they know everything .

I do. My take on modern American Catholics? They've been Protestantized.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tis true.

y'all worship God but you lack and can never give at home, the "W"orship God asked for.
I understand how you feel. I was catholic from birth to adulthood.

Guess this is where we say adios.
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat on

rawr_baby-10886.jpg

This thread has already had several posts removed.

Any more flaming/goading and this thread will be closed for review.

If your post has been deleted and you did not receive a PM,
then this is your notice
that you replied to a post that has been removed.

Please review the rules, particularly:

Preamble:

Messages posted to this board must be polite
and free of personal attacks,threats, crude or
sexually-explicit language, rude comments, and innuendo.

Flaming
You will not insult, belittle, mock, use derogatory nicknames
in reference to other members,
or personally attack other members or groups of members.
Do not goad another member or start call-out threads.
Do
not state or imply that another member
or group of members
who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.
Avoid using sarcasm to attempt any of the above.
This flaming rule also applies to public religious figures.

If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind.
Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

Off-topic
Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose;
submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Thanks and God bless you all.

Mod hat off

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He died once for all. He offered Himself to the Father for our sins.

and look in Revelation, the great Lion of Judah- what is He? a lamb looking as though He is slain.

this is the heavenly worship that comes down to us, that is made present to us... NOT REPEATED, but I digress.

I know when my efforts are wasted.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
;);)
And what would that be?
Spirit & truth, sister.
I don't know if it's for everyone, but since my son moved out laast week, we got rid of the beat-up George Bush Memorial Couch (we bought it with the tax rebate he promised us if we voted for him), and I moved all the pottery stuff of my wife's off the old church pew we bought at an atique store 10yrs ago, into the living room. Needless to say, it has ambience and affects TV watching.
I just turn on a sermon when ever I need a nap.;)

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
;);)
Spirit & truth, sister.
I don't know if it's for everyone, but since my son moved out laast week, we got rid of the beat-up George Bush Memorial Couch (we bought it with the tax rebate he promised us if we voted for him), and I moved all the pottery stuff of my wife's off the old church pew we bought at an atique store 10yrs ago, into the living room. Needless to say, it has ambience and affects TV watching.
I just turn on a sermon when ever I need a nap.;)
And you don't even need to get all gussied up cause you don't need to impress anybody on the couch.

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0