Why do you go to church? Or do you?

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is interesting to me because one of my dear friends who attends one of the larger churches in their community waas asked on a very bad weather day (Most churches closed) why they come to church. They were the only ones who said Jesus is the reason they come to church.

I will not give the reasons that appeared in their bulletin. I have heard all kinds of reasons why people go to church.

What is yours? Or why don't you go to church?

bugkiller
927154.gif

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
why go to church when you should be busy being the Church. If you are in Christ then you are the Church. That does not change based on your location or the time of week it happens to be. Now, part of being the church is coming together for fellowship which is when we have some teaching from the Word and we often share a common meal and occasionally Communion. This fellowship is not limited to any time, day, or location...and certainly not the weather. We meet for this fellowship, which most people in the west call "going to church" out of a desire to be obedient to the Word (not forsaking the gathering of the brethren) and there are not many practical ways to fellowship all by myself. LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
+3

to be part of Christ through his sacrament to strengthen our Spiritual Bond with him in the Eucharist.

To come together as one to partake in the liturgy. to be of one mind together to worship Christ.

and Oh the great coffee afterwards,:thumbsup:;)
Yeah that does seem to be a Methodist thing. How many of the churchg to it? I served as a chaplin asst under a Medthodist preacher.

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear bugkiller. There are a number of reasons, the main one for me is I am looking forward to meeting God/Christ. It is also nice meeting other Christians, and singing and praising with all one`s heart. There also is the reason of showing one`s loyalty, we are God`s representatives, bugkiller, and whether we acknowledge it or not, the world is watching and trying to find fault. It always gives me a wonderfully loving feeling to share God`s Love with all who want it, often it is only a great big smile. Our greates weapon is LOVE, bugkiller. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear bugkiller. There are a number of reasons, the main one for me is I am looking forward to meeting God/Christ. It is also nice meeting other Christians, and singing and praising with all one`s heart. There also is the reason of showing one`s loyalty, we are God`s representatives, bugkiller, and whether we acknowledge it or not, the world is watching and trying to find fault. It always gives me a wonderfully loving feeling to share God`s Love with all who want it, often it is only a great big smile. Our greates weapon is LOVE, bugkiller. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
Indeed love is a great weapon. I find it often greated with a repulsive so what do you want from me. A response of no demand is still greated with suspicion. don't people do nice things any more just because it is nice.

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is interesting to me because one of my dear friends who attends one of the larger churches in their community waas asked on a very bad weather day (Most churches closed) why they come to church. They were the only ones who said Jesus is the reason they come to church.

I will not give the reasons that appeared in their bulletin. I have heard all kinds of reasons why people go to church.

What is yours? Or why don't you go to church?

bugkiller
927154.gif

To worship God in the manner He asked us to worship Him in....

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is not really body life,it is just a soapbox for the pastor.Then he collects his tithe.

Everyone just has to sit there silently,looking at the same teacher every single sunday...

Why cant others share?

We dont see this in most curches,we are just left with the head..(pastor)

1 cor 14;26 What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

9After this I saw a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and tribes, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne, and in sight of the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying: Salvation to our God, who sitteth upon the throne, and to the Lamb.

11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and the ancients, and the four living creatures; and they fell down before the throne upon their faces, and adored God,

12Saying: Amen. Benediction, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, honour, and power, and strength to our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the ancients answered, and said to me: These that are clothed in white robes, who are they? and whence came they?

14And I said to him: My Lord, thou knowest. And he said to me: These are they who are come out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and have made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore they are before the throne of God, and they serve him day and night in his temple: and he, that sitteth on the throne, shall dwell over them.

Upvote 0