• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why do you chose orthodoxy and why do you think it is the best religion?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Goodhuman, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+163
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    So?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,481
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  3. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+163
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    Orthodoxy is the best because it is most hard to get demon when you are orthodox.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+14,536
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    because it's true

5. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,059
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    That would depend on whether you were living in accordance with the Orthodox faith. There have been many Orthodox Christians who have opened doors to demons through their pride, laziness, gluttony and other passions.

6. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,047
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I went for the baklava, I stayed for the liturgy.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Justin-H.S.

Justin-H.S. Retrograde

+265
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    It’s like playing Hot or Cold. The closer you are to the thing you’re looking for, the hotter you get. Coincidentally, this is why God is like an unquenchable fire.

8. daydreameranastasia

daydreameranastasia Just a library lady

+275
    Germany
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    To study church and Christian history is to cease being a Protestant

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Xenophon

Xenophon Active Member

+391
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Because Truth is Orthodox. Because Beauty is Orthodox. Because Good is Orthodox.

10. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+163
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    You are right that the good is orthodox. Anybody who want to be at the good side must become orthodox. The orthodoxy will never make him do anything that will be for the evil side.

11. Hermit76

Hermit76 You can call me Paisios Supporter

+1,424
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I became Orthodox because I wanted to tick off my Baptist family...

Just kidding.

It's the truth in the fullness of what truth is. I'm glad that our worship is beautiful but that's not enough. I'm glad our sacraments are full of meaning but that's not enough. Faith must originate from the Eternal Trinity. We can mimic beauty and meaning but The Divine Touch can never result from a man conceived religion. This is The Church and the gates of hell will not and cannot prevail against it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List