Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But does anyone on sites such as these really change their mind about anything? Even if they are shown plainly according to the bible what something means? Or does everyone always resolutely defend what they believe, no matter what they are shown? That's not a hard question to answer is it

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But does anyone on sites such as these really change their mind about anything? Even if they are shown plainly according to the bible what something means? Or does everyone always resolutely defend what they believe, no matter what they are shown? That's not a hard question to answer is it

The likelihood of anyone who believes in the trinity to read a nontrinitarian post and get an aha moment and change their belief system is very unlikely. It is about as likely as converting a hard atheist into a theist.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
The likelihood of anyone who believes in the trinity to read a nontrinitarian post and get an aha moment and change their belief system is very unlikely. It is about as likely as converting a hard atheist into a theist.

This is true; once we have received the holy faith once delivered to the Apostles, a great many of us will persevere.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankfully the attitude you see shown on the internet from equal trinitarians is NOT the attitude shown by the vast majority of those who attend Trinitarian churches, of which I am one.
Those on the internet who are the most vociferous concerning this subject could best be described as on the fringe of mainline Christianity, in reality. What they ceaselessly state in cyberspace, is very rarely preached from the pulpit of Trinitarian churches. Indeed, I have only once in over forty years heard anything remotely close to their statements preached from the pulpit. That was by an associate minister fresh out of bible college

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thankfully the attitude you see shown on the internet from equal trinitarians is NOT the attitude shown by the vast majority of those who attend Trinitarian churches, of which I am one.
Those on the internet who are the most vociferous concerning this subject could best be described as on the fringe of mainline Christianity, in reality. What they ceaselessly state in cyberspace, is very rarely preached from the pulpit of Trinitarian churches. Indeed, I have only once in over forty years heard anything remotely close to their statements preached from the pulpit. That was by an associate minister fresh out of bible college

Have you ever attended a Church of England parish on, say, Trinity Sunday? Because I have cited examples in this very thread of Archbishop Rowan Williams and his successor Archbishop Justin Welby preaching the doctrine of the Trinity.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever attended a Church of England parish on, say, Trinity Sunday? Because I have cited examples in this very thread of Archbishop Rowan Williams and his successor Archbishop Justin Welby preaching the doctrine of the Trinity.
Quote a sermon archbishop rowan Williams, or justin welby preached from the pulpit where either of them states the following:
If you believe Jesus is the son of God but not the one true God you are condemned/ cannot inherit eternal life

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Quote a sermon archbishop rowan Williams, or justin welby preached from the pulpit where either of them states the following:
If you believe Jesus is the son of God but not the one true God you ard condemned/ cannot inherit eternal life

That view is not the view I have argued in this thread, although strictly speaking it is the Church of England view insofar as the Athanasian Creed remains in the 1662 Book of Common Prayer.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Not that I am a fan of archbishops in the c of e but it proves the point

It doesn't actually; it proves my point rather, that they have preached that faith in the Trinity is salvific. They have not preached that rejection of it is damnatory, however, the official BCP of the Church of England says that it is (Quincunque Vult).

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That view is not the view I have argued in this thread, although strictly speaking it is the Church of England view insofar as the Athanasian Creed remains in the 1662 Book of Common Prayer.
Thank you for being honest. So the ministers refuse to preach what is and what is not acceptable belief unto salvation according to the official doctrine of their churches. You may get the odd exception, but in the UK at any rate that is the truth of the matter. I would expect it is the same worldwide in mainstream Trinitarian churches

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't actually; it proves my point rather, that they have preached that faith in the Trinity is salvific. They have not preached that rejection of it is damnatory, however, the official BCP of the Church of England says that it is (Quincunque Vult).
The above is a nonsensical statement.
Show me plain sermons preached from mainline Trinitarian churches in the UK where the minister unequivocally states from the pulpit:
You must believe Christ is the one true God to inherit eternal life. It is not enough to simply believe he I the son of God

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with some trinitarians on the internet is. They have a head theology. And that formulated head theology is everything to them. It condemns those who don't agree with it and accepts those who do. That is NOTHING to do with being led of the holy Spirit into truth. For the holy spirit would lead NO ONE to believe another is condemned for standing on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.