Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of folks around who also claim to totally "rely on the holy spirit to lead [them] into truth as [they] read the bible" JW, SDA, WWCG, OP, UPCI, UU, INC and many others, all claiming, as you do, that the Holy Spirit guides them in all truth. All different and all claiming that their group is right and all the others are wrong. Which one should the prudent person believe, the one that yells the loudest? Paul didn't say sit on your backside and wait for the Holy Spirit to lead you into truth he said "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
But Paul, though he had a great academic mind stressed the spiritual could only be understood through the enlightenment of the holy spirit. And when he preached he said it was not with wise or eloquent words but a demonstration of the spirits power

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You explain it to me then I will show you how you are wrong. You already have challenges in this thread that you are unable to respond to.
Well I could explain it to you, but you wouldn't understand it. To tell me to explain it to you, then you will show me how wrong I am is frankly a cop out.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You explain it to me then I will show you how you are wrong. You already have challenges in this thread that you are unable to respond to.
Challenges I am unable to respond to? Why should I respond to anything when people simply ignore the plain words of christ( or we can say challenges they don't respond to)
People wth your views never want to discuss scriptures placed before them, only their personal exegesis of scripture they bring forth.
And when you prove scripturally their understanding of verses are wrong, they dimply refuse to accept it/ ignore it and move onto something else

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In order for it to be explained to you, you would firstly have to understand the foundation upon which the new covenant is built. So far you have been unwilling to say what you believe that foundation is

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I can see is you cannot obviously disprove the fact Jesus cannot be called the one true God as he forgave sins. Therefore, you deflect onto something else. And so it goes on.

I deflected nothing I showed you how Jesus could and was called God. Your fall back position is response has been similar to "I have the Spirit guiding me I'm right and you're wrong! Am to! Nuh Huh!"

What was the bait used by satan to get eve to eat the apple? If she ate it she would be like/as God( gen3:5)

Jesus didn't take the bait, he did not consider equality with God something to be grasped( john 14:28) what was the result?

There is no apple mentioned in Genesis 3:5. Wrong! Philippians does not say "did not consider equality with God something to be grasped!" This "translation" twists the noun "arpagmos" into a verb. A noun, a thing, cannot be "to be" or "should be." But you have the Holy Spirit telling you that there is a verbal phrase right there in the middle of a thing! It also ignores the verb in that verse, "einai" which has been translated "to be." The verb "einai" is not a future or subjunctive it is "active infinitive" "The being equal" was a then present reality. Not something considered and declined.

God exalted him to the highest place
And gave him the name that I above every name
That at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth
And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord
To the GLORY of GOD THE FATHER

I couldn't agree more. This happened after Jesus existed in the form of God did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking on the form of a slave, by looking like other men,

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In order for it to be explained to you, you would firstly have to understand the foundation upon which the new covenant is built. So far you have been unwilling to say what you believe that foundation is
No, you are unwilling to make your point. Make your point and THEN ask your question. Otherwise you are trolling.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Paul, though he had a great academic mind stressed the spiritual could only be understood through the enlightenment of the holy spirit. And when he preached he said it was not with wise or eloquent words but a demonstration of the spirits power

JW, SDA, WWCG, OP, UPCI, UU, INC and many others, which one? I have an answer, do you?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I could explain it to you, but you wouldn't understand it. To tell me to explain it to you, then you will show me how wrong I am is frankly a cop out.

You explain it to me then I will show you how you are wrong. If there is any cop out, you beat me to it. You already have challenges in this thread that you are unable to respond to.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Challenges I am unable to respond to? Why should I respond to anything when people simply ignore the plain words of christ( or we can say challenges they don't respond to)
People wth your views never want to discuss scriptures placed before them, only their personal exegesis of scripture they bring forth.
And when you prove scripturally their understanding of verses are wrong, they dimply refuse to accept it/ ignore it and move onto something else

If you think any of this is true quote the post and show me, if not you are bearing false witness.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"ImAllLikeOkWaitWhat" you posted how you feel and a web site. The word of God is not mine or yours to tell others what it REALLY is saying. As it is written the sweet sweet Holy Spirit leads and guides us ALL into all truth. If one asks.. "is GOD is Jesus is the Holy Spirit" REAL? Those that believe hopefully :) will answer yes. Yet He is no more real then santa to most. He is MORE REAL then your spouse your best friend your babies. So for me what some man thinks Jesus really meant or the Holy Spirit through our brothers Paul John Peter so forth is not HIS word. Its wise to listen to others yet we can just pray ask..cant you? He's your FATHER.. Yeshua is your friend your brother your savoir your God.. ask Him. Pray ask Him to show you where its written. And it is very clearly written from OT to NT about all three. Jesus tells you who He is in Matt- John and then in Rev.

But lets not bring Him down to our level and say .. oh I figured all three out. He is so real...He will answer you show you..ah but it will never be for you to buff our self up and show off now that GOD TOLD ME! It will always be for His glory. Dont believe in all three as one? Praise GOD.. you do? Praise GOD! Use His word to show where and why its writen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm not here to jump through hoops answering every childish challenge someone dreams up. This is a discussion forum not a pop quiz forum, if you want to discuss something post it and I will discuss it.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That is not a cop out at all. If you are wrong in your believing, isn't it good and correct to have that pointed out?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But can't others accuse you of the same?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You explain it to me then I will show you how you are wrong. If there is any cop out, you beat me to it. You already have challenges in this thread that you are unable to respond to.
You don't understand the meat of the gospel message of grace, neither do the others on here who insist everyone must believe in an equal trinity-People who think they know much through studying greatly of scholars, theologians, and all the isms and ologies they can get their hands ob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is not a cop out at all. If you are wrong in your believing, isn't it good and correct to have that pointed out?
He cannot show me I am wrong for he does not understand the meaning of those verses
He was firstly asked to explain them which he cannot do, that is why he wants me to explain them first, he thinks it is easier to attack another's opinions than pluck an answer out of thin air.
If truth mattered to you, you would realise that is what he is doing

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not here to jump through hoops answering every childish challenge someone dreams up. This is a discussion forum not a pop quiz forum, if you want to discuss something post it and I will discuss it.
Yes a discussion forum, and so far neither you, or those who insist your beliefs are followed can explain to me the foundation of the new covenant, without which there is no new covenant. It is not enough to simply reply Jesus died at Calvary. That leaves you unable to understand the meat, deeper things of the Gospel message

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, you are unwilling to make your point. Make your point and THEN ask your question. Otherwise you are trolling.
I'm making my point every time I receive no answer to the questions. People who come on the internet and think they know much because they have studied hugely, read concordances, lexicons, read the greek nt etc are not able to explain the meat of the gospel message. They have theological formulas worked out of subjects the bible requires no one to believe, but when it comes to the gospel message itself they don't understand the deeper things of it. For it is spiritually discerned, not discerned by the academic mind, no matter how good that mind maybe

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.