Why do you believe God created (1) lucifer and all other original angels, and (2) humans?

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I am asking is what do you believe was His ultimate purpose in creating the angels and the humans?

One of God's ultimate goals is to build an eternity we call Heaven where all entities as His creatures live happily together with God eternally.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I am asking is what do you believe was His ultimate purpose in creating the angels and the humans?

The generic answer is that Satan, the angels and humans were created by God as a means to glorify God: Satan will glorify God by God pouring out His holy and righteous wrath against Satan. The angels that did not fall glorify God by carrying out God's perfect will. Some humans glorify God by receiving His grace and mercy in Jesus Christ in eternal salvation. The remaining humans glorify God by receiving His holy and righteous wrath by refusing to repent of their sin and they will receive His justice. We don't know the identity of the elect.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It certainly gives the reason he created.
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:” (Ephesians 3:9–11)
Before creation there were no principalities or powers to show anything to.

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
then the entire bible is testifying that God desires a family.
That God wants a family I can agree to. But that does not say WHY. And that was the question of the OP.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we may understand why God didn't just create us in heaven. Why we must come here to prove to ourselves who we really are.

That's one thought.
The other thought is we are the fallen. Humanity/our souls are the 1/3 of the fallen angels who are more or less guilty by association/being apart of the lucifer's legions and this life is a proving grounds to see if we are truly loyal to God or if we truly wish to follow lucifer. it is like a second chance. while lucifer and his top guys run amuck here trying to muddy the waters and keep as many souls in his ranks as he can, God seeks to redeem and save the rest who don't really want to be apart of satan's rebellion but were caught in the cross fire.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I believe it's about love. He created all beings with free choice including the heavenly beings. One can not have true love without choice. One can not force one to love another.

John 17 (Jesus prayed)

24 Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, that they may see the glory You gave Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

1 Corinthians 13

13 Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.

God is love.

1 John 4
15 If anyone confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

God created all to live in perfect love with Him for eternity, by their choice to do so. A mutual loving relationship.

He is glorified (honored) when we love Him.

Revelation 1:6

And made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

When Gods plan is fully completed and He makes the earth anew. The natural "state" of everything will be in perfect Love. It will not take any effort ... it will just be. AMEN!

We on earth make that choice now. His love will be fully completed through Jesus our Savior ... because of love.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That God wants a family I can agree to. But that does not say WHY. And that was the question of the OP.
Actually the answer to why God created us would be that He wants a family. Why He wants a family would be different question.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before creation there were no principalities or powers to show anything to.
““Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you possess understanding! Who set its measurements—if you know— or who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its bases set, or who laid its cornerstone— when the morning stars sang in chorus, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
““Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you possess understanding! Who set its measurements—if you know— or who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its bases set, or who laid its cornerstone— when the morning stars sang in chorus, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7)
But the OP is asking why God created angels, so we are talking about the time before even they were created.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the OP is asking why God created angels, so we are talking about the time before even they were created.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So you're saying that the angels existed before God created them? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question is why did God create us. If an answer is "because He desired a family," than that is one answer to the OP. It might lack depth and detail, but it is an answer, brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How can that be?
I'm asking you. Because you quoted a verse that is referring to the time between when God created angels and when He created man, which is when He created the Earth, to respond to a question that asks what happened before God created the angels.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm asking you. Because you quoted a verse that is referring to the time between when God created angels and when He created man, which is when He created the Earth, to respond to a question that asks what happened before God created the angels.
Job suggests earth was a later creation.
“Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” (Revelation 4:11)

Plus we have the creation of a new heavens and earth in our future.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
God didn't create Satan, man did. Satan (ha'shaitan) first occurs by name in the Old Testament in the Book of Job, and here it's clear that the angel Satan is not the Devil! The Devil is supposedly banished from the presence of God, yet in Job, Satan is allowed to talk with and to come and go from God's presence and on a mission for God yet! What's going on? Satan here is not "the Devil" but sort of God's prosecuting attorney. There is a very common perception that the 'Lucifer' in Isaiah 14:12ff refers to Satan, the supernatural personification of evil. This misconception comes from two sources. The first is wishful thinking in the sense that it is nice to think that 'the Enemy' will get his come-uppance eventually. The second has to do with the old caution that scripture is to be read only 'in context'. This requires going back and reading all of Isaiah 13 and the earlier verses in Isaiah 14. When this is done we suddenly realize that scripture is not speaking of a supernatural Satan at all but of a Babylonian king with an immense ego. Read Isaiah 14: " 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:" What follows is a long rant against this oppressive king filled with numerous reference to his human nature like Isaiah 14: "16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, 17 the man who made the world a desert, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?" This passage is in no way a reference to Satan or the devil. The Jews did not originally believe in devils but they picked up this concept during the Babylonian Exile from the Persians who followed Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to cast YHWH in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Up to that time, their concept of God was of a being responsible for everything, both good and evil. Isaiah 45:”7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” is just one quote that demonstrates this. The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married