Why do you believe God created (1) lucifer and all other original angels, and (2) humans?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is sentimental, but does not reflect what scripture says.

Which part? That God created humans so that they could be with him for eternity? What do you think Adam and Eves original "programming" was? When Adam and Eve were created up until they fell they worshipped God and had they not sinned mankind would have been with God for forever in the Garden of Eden.

Not to mention that's the saved ultimate destination. We will be with God for eternity on the New Earth when Christ returns to remove the curse of sin once and for all. While its not explicitly stated in scripture one could infer from scripture that one of the reasons God created us was so that we could be with him for forever.

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think explaining how something works is more important than merely saying it works.
But that first verse explains something entirely different than what the OP is asking. Read Ephesians 3:8. The words to the intent in Ephesians 3:10 refers back to why grace was given to Paul to preach the Gospel of Christ to the Gentiles.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think explaining how something works is more important than merely saying it works.
Dave, he asked why God created humans and angels and you answered with a verse that said God created. You didn't answer the question, you simply showed (without being asked) that the question at least had a biblical basis. But you didn't answer the question until posts later and people were already confused.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which part? That God created humans so that they could be with him for eternity? What do you think Adam and Eves original "programming" was? When Adam and Eve were created up until they fell they worshipped God and had they not sinned mankind would have been with God for forever in the Garden of Eden.

Not to mention that's the saved ultimate destination. We will be with God for eternity on the New Earth when Christ returns to remove the curse of sin once and for all. While its not explicitly stated in scripture one could infer from scripture that one of the reasons God created us was so that we could be with him for forever.
Where does scripture reflect your sentiments?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave, he asked why God created humans and angels and you answered with a verse that said God created. You didn't answer the question, you simply showed (without being asked) that the question at least had a biblical basis. But you didn't answer the question until posts later and people were already confused.
Paul answered it for us. “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” (Ephesians 3:9–10)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, there is. I believe that God created all angels and humans for the purpose of fellowship. I once heard Ravi Zacharias speak about that beautifully, something about how God is social within Himself, but that He created His creatures, in His image, out of love, not because He needed it, but because He wanted to, and for us. It melts my heart with love.
While I have heard all that since I was a kid, I have found little scriptural support for it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe that God created humans for the same reason he created the angels.
And you have chapter and verse to support that belief?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul answered it for us. “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” (Ephesians 3:9–10)
That speaks to the function of the church; but says NOTHING about why God created us in the first place.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps. But why does that "something" exist in the first place?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
While I have heard all that since I was a kid, I have found little scriptural support for it.
I don't think that there are any verses that say it clearly, but I find those views supported by Scripture in it's entirety. When we look at God's nature and why He does what He does, and what it all will lead to, it's right there in front of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps. But why does that "something" exist in the first place?
As Paul says:
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:” (Ephesians 3:9–11)

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That speaks to the function of the church; but says NOTHING about why God created us in the first place.
It certainly gives the reason he created.
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:” (Ephesians 3:9–11)

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, my thought is that God desired a family, so He created one, both in heaven and on earth.
This might be true, but we cannot know God apart from the display of his attributes when contrasted with sin in this world. No mercy, no grace, no righteousness, no forbearance, no justice, etc., unless sin exists to reflect it.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are we now Dave? Doesn't John write that, "Now we are the sons of God."? If the goal was through faith to become a son, daughter, child (etc.) of God than God's plan from the beginning was the create a path for people to become His family.

Didn't He know Adam would fall before Adam fell? Don't we have very early Messianic prophecies or at least hints that God would redeem us and make us His own again? If being, "His own" is being part of His family, then the entire bible is testifying that God desires a family.

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No mercy, no grace, no righteousness, no forbearance, no justice, etc., unless sin exists to reflect it.
And seeing sin is the breaking of God's law (1 John 3:4) then there can't be mercy unless there is law. But that is another thread. :)

• Informative
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What I am asking is what do you believe was His ultimate purpose in creating the angels and the humans?
God is love. Love, by it's nature, desires to share it's own bliss, it's state of sheer happiness, its glory, with others who can appreciate it. He created those "others" for that purpose. God is the source and focal point of all goodness, of that love. To the extent that we love Him with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength we participate in His very Being. This isn't fully consummated until the next life, when we "see Him face to face".

All of this necessarily involves the will of man and angels, choosing good over evil, life over death, choosing love, choosing God. In this life He works to increasingly draw us into that choice, into that willing participation in His love, for our own best interest. But He won't force it. Love is real only to the extent that it's freely embraced.

But with the freedom to choose the good comes the possibility of choosing it's opposite. The evil, the lack of love in this world that we experience daily, manifests itself in choices driven by hate, selfishness, envy, self-righteousnesss, pride.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I am asking is what do you believe was His ultimate purpose in creating the angels and the humans?

The Lord thy God is Perfect.(And for the cessationist," The Perfect") And If He be Perfect, than all He does is Perfect. And if we all look around us, we will see a Perfect balance in the creation. Has He not given us the day and the night? And, Has He not given us all a season to walk in both of them?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Evil came as a result of people rejecting God's calling. God did not create evil or ask people to sin. A room cannot be lit and dark at the same time. Where the light shines, people may see. When there is no light, they are blind.

One who commits sin and says it is God's fault is lost. How is it some sinners repented, but others did not? If you have no free will to do good, you become a thing of little value.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That verses doesn't tell us anything about God's reason behind creating the devil and his angels
God did not create demons. Some angels became demons just as God did not create man as sinners. Man became a sinner by his unbelief in the warning of God to not eat the forbidden fruit.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0