Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
As much as I say i love God i still sin. Is it because of my body or is it because i am inherently wicked. I just dont understand why. Jesus said he would free us from out sin nature well i am still here just the same even after being renewed. Im tired and I really want to be sin free completely why doesn't God answer my prayers?

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As much as I say i love God i still sin. Is it because of my body or is it because i am inherently wicked. I just dont understand why. Jesus said he would free us from out sin nature well i am still here just the same even after being renewed. Im tired and I really want to be sin free completely why doesn't God answer my prayers?

All fall short of being perfect. Christ died so we'd be free from the penalty of the law of sin. He's already forgiven your sins.
Romans 5

Hope it gets better soon.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

i love God
i still sin
my body
i am inherently wicked
i am still here
I'm tired
I really want to be sin free.

Hi friend, it's okay...it's because you don't yet know who you are. It's the Romans 7 thing....at the end of that torturous route you will exclaim like Paul....Oh wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from this body of death? Then he saw!!

Can I recommend a dear brother's book and all that he writes?

https://thesingleeye.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/book-the-axe-laid-to-the-root.pdf

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Romans 7:25
"25Thanks be to God,through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I serve the law of God, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin."

• Winner
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Romans 8
"21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies."

Romans 8
"25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently. 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words."

Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We won't be entirely free from sin in this life, but over time, with God's help, we do overcome alot of sins. There are many things I would fall into when I was younger that no longer have any pull on me today, at all. I think the longer we hang with God, the more we realize that sin hurts, that God is right, and that he only wants what is best for us. This helps us to no longer be tempted; to see the pull of the enemy for what it is.
Take heart, some things, most things, will get easier. And for the fact that we will never be completely perfect in this life, there is a scripture in Hebrew's I think, that helps me. It says something like we will all be made perfect together, in the next life,

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We won't be entirely free from sin in this life, but over time, with God's help, we do overcome alot of sins. There are many things I would fall into when I was younger that no longer have any pull on me today, at all. I think the longer we hang with God, the more we realize that sin hurts, that God is right, and that he only wants what is best for us. This helps us to no longer be tempted; to see the pull of the enemy for what it is.
Take heart, some things, most things, will get easier. And for the fact that we will never be completely perfect in this life, there is a scripture in Hebrew's I think, that helps me. It says something like we will all be made perfect together, in the next life,
Oh, also, a couple things that might help, when you are tempted, quote the word at Satan. Also, slow down in the moment, and think of how you will feel about yourself later. Satan loves to rush us into things.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,051.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you truly love God and are born again, you are not wicked.

You sin because you are weak and your body is still strong in some areas. You will get better in time, its a process.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your spirit is free from the sin nature. You just need to renew your mind to that daily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CardinalStorm

Jun 2, 2019
Boston
✟8,649.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I love God, too, I sin every day. We are, I'm afraid, Cement, human beings and yes, we are inherently wicked. From the very beginning this was made clear:

Genesis 6:5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

All men, from Adam until the birth of Christ, were sinners. None were perfect and Satan knew this, which is why he continuously went before God to accuse every man of his uncleanliness, thus proving to God that none were worthy of His forgiveness.

Christ was a man (that is, He lived and was tempted as man). Although He is God, He was also flesh, but also something more than any before Him, He was blameless in all He did. Christ was tempted as we are, but far more than any other man could take. Being so completely focused on His Father, so completely focused on obeying Him and pleasing Him, meant that Jesus could resist all temptation.

When Christ died on the cross, Satan could no longer go to God and accuse man of sin. Why? Because Jesus had died taking all our sin unto Himself; every sin man has done and will ever do was forgiven that day when Jesus died for us. Praise Him indeed!

The grace of God is this: He knew we could never become Christ-like, we are flesh, we are evil, we are living on a planet controlled by the enemy, we will never attain to the purity that God requires from us to enter His heaven. Therefore, He blessed us with His grace, the offer of eternal life given simply by accepting Jesus, who He is and what He did for us.

He has freed us from our sinful nature. Think about it, God knows we cannot ever reach a state of purity (our flesh will always be sinful and filthy in His eyes) so what does He do? Does He strip the flesh from our spirit? Does He remove all temptation, leaving us without free will, basically turning us into mindless robots? No, He offers us His son as a sacrifice, hoping that all men will accept His grace and spend eternity with Him in heaven. What an awesome, beautiful, loving Father we have.

We are free from our sin. That doesn't mean we won't sin, it just means that the accuser (Satan) can no longer, justifiably accuse us before God. If Satan were still allowed to address God on this matter, he would have no grounds on which to state his case. Jesus has freed us from this bondage by taking our sins, dying on the cross with them, offering them up to Satan and then finishing the job by taking all authority away from the enemy by way of love and resurrection.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

We'll only be completely free of sin when we enter heaven. But all the time you acknowledge your sin on this world and truly repent, you have nothing to worry about. Jesus Christ died for your sins, He has already paid your debt. Accept and believe in Him and all is good.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Spend some time over the next few days thinking about who you're pleasing. Do your thoughts and actions please the Father or the enemy?

Do we please God or the enemy when we become angered over some soppy sod driving way too close behind us? Do we please God or the enemy when we have covetous thoughts over our neighbours possessions? Do we please God or the enemy when we keep too much change given to us by a shopkeeper?

Small things, but very important things. All sins, all displeasing to God but pleasing to the enemy. Spend time before you do and think. "Am I pleasing or displeasing Him?". Answered prayer and blessing comes from being obedient to Him.

Who here would be quick to bless their child if that child was disobedient? If your child was disrespectful, mean, quick to anger, slow to consider, would you be quick to reward? No, but you would still be there for your child, you would still love them. You would hope that your child would come to you, acknowledge their wrongs and ask for help. You would always forgive your child, but you would not bless your child until they were on the correct path and in accordance with you.

We also need to remember that God answers prayers to suit His will, not ours. What you may consider unanswered prayer is actually prayer answered within His plan for you. God will often answer prayer via life lessons and things you may initially consider negative. A simple example, you ask God to help you with relationships.
  • On your way to work you get run over by car
  • In hospital you meet lady serving food
  • You learn of her son being bullied at school and nobody befriending him
  • A year later you see lady and son at cinema
  • Son still has no friends but you learn he enjoys playing snooker, as do you
  • You invite lady and son to night out at games club
  • Lady appreciates, accepts, night enjoyed
  • Lady invites you to dinner ...
Ha, OK, silly example, but you hopefully get my point. What may be considered as unanswered prayer was actually an intricate plan laid out by God. A plan possibly drawn out over many years. We should never expect instant answers, nothing is learned by this. We learn through life how to deal with those around us over time, not immediately.

Through life lessons, God offers us many, many opportunities to do right or wrong. What you decide to do at each fork in the road dictates your final destination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The flesh is weak.

Matthew 26:40-43
40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hello Cement,

first of all I would like to encourage you that your longings for purity come from the Holy Spirit. They are not going to come from Satan are they, who delights to see us disobey our Lord and Master in a way that would put us in military prison if we disobeyed the laws and regulations of the armed forces in like manner. It is impossible for man but possible for God.

There is no need to be stuck in Romans 7 as many will preach. We can go on to Romans 8 if we walk in the Spirit.

As you know in Romans 6 it says the sin nature is destroyed yet many want to keep it alive and alive it remains. But if 'reckon' that is, believe the act is done and obtained for us on the cross and step out on that, it will be our reality.

I praise God that you hunger and thirst for righteousness and be comforted that our Lord and Master does not tease us or give us and desires that cannot be fulfilled in this life. There are many who can witness this - you just have not found them yet. Start with writings from the American Holiness Movement. Plenty of witnesses to be found there. God bless.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I highly recommend you read the book Absolute Surrender, by Andrew Murray.

I have a list of about 5 books I wish I could make all Christians read. This is one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: bmjackson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ooQQoo

Oct 23, 2019
La
✟560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because you are not praying in Spirit and truth.

Upvote 0