Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I was just wondering because of a conversation that I was just having with @mnorian. You see my real first name is actually April, but I've been going by my middle name Rose for the longest time because I started hating my first name and that's when I suddenly realized why, and I'm not sure why I didn't realize it before,.. but when I was a little girl a lot of the other kids used to tease me about it. They would call me an ape and make gorilla noises and stuff. I guess the name to me started bringing back bad memories without me even realizing it. :( The truth is though,.. I'm actually starting to understand that it's a pretty name and I shouldn't let the cruelty of kids bother me. :D (For the record I was actually born in February. My birth mother just named me that because I was her spring and summer and when I was adopted the name was kept. :) )

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering because of a conversation that I was just having with @mnorian. You see my real first name is actually April, but I've been going by my middle name Rose for the longest time because I started hating my first name and that's when I suddenly realized why, and I'm not sure why I didn't realize it before,.. but when I was a little girl a lot of the other kids used to tease me about it. They would call me an ape and make gorilla noises and stuff. I guess the name to me started bringing back bad memories without me even realizing it. :( The truth is though,.. I'm actually starting to understand that it's a pretty name and I shouldn't let the cruelty of kids bother me. :D (For the record I was actually born in February. My birth mother just named me that because I was her spring and summer and when I was adopted the name was kept. :) )

Yes; kids can be so mean in school; but as we grow older; we need to let that go; and not let them tie us down.

April is a very pretty name and as I was telling you before; means "Love and beauty" :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes; kids can be so mean in school; but as we grow older; we need to let that go; and not let them tie us down.

April is a very pretty name and as I was telling you before; means "Love and beauty" :)

Thanks and the thing is that saying about sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me is wrong,.. because words do hurt. They hurt a lot. And they can stick with you later on too. :( But you know now that I think of it those kids probably had such a low self-esteem to be picking on me like that and I was picked on for just about every little thing. I was too ugly, too fat, too stupid,.. pretty much everything. I started becoming more popular and gaining more friends when I just started liking myself for who I am. After all God created me and He doesn't make mistakes. So I already know that He loves me just the way I am. :D

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Another source says that April means "opening" as in "the time when the flowers start opening." ⚘

Well coincidentally my middle name is a flower, but that doesn't start blooming until summer I believe. Hence,.. my names of being spring and summer related. I guess that is rather pretty after all. :)

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it’s great because you were able to put together some events of your past which then brought some healing and you were able to take back what is rightfully yours.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

People should never feel obligated to like their names just because that's what they are.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Are you talking about me or the people that were making fun of me? Cause I sort of like my name now. :)

I meant you because I feel like you've tried to embrace your name just because it's your name. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,477.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

April is a lovely hame. Be proud of it. Ignore anyone who says different as they are only jealous!

I have several names!

'Here boy'
'Fetch'
'Sit'
'Stay'

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
April is a lovely hame. Be proud of it. Ignore anyone who says different as they are only jealous!

I have several names!

'Here boy'
'Fetch'
'Sit'
'Stay'

Thanks and let's see if I can guess your actual name,.. hmm,.. you sort of look like a Sparky. :) (Btw Mik if I really didn't like my name I would still be going by Rose or trying to change it,.. but that takes a lot of money so that's just as well that I like it. :) )

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0