PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God controls everything, even evil. No matter how uncomfortable that makes us it is true. Let me give you an example.

One day David says to God. "I want to build you a house." God says "No!" "But you will have a son in the future who will build me my house".

Is this true?

Yes it is, and who was this promised son, this son of prophecy, this future son, this spoken word son, this god prophesied son.

This son, was Solomon… Now watch God fulfill his own word of promise, His own prophetic word to David.

One day David was overlooking his kingdom, and while on his rooftop, he sees a beautiful woman, bathing herself. David says "who is that woman" his servant says that is Bathsheba, the wife of your servant Uriah. David says "get her for me".

Then they have relations, (fornicate and commit adultery)…And from this union surrounded by sin and deceit, comes the God promised, prophesied, spoken word, son, named Solomon.

So do we have a problem with God using sin to complete His words? Do we have a problem with God creating evil for His purposes?

How about Moses, Moses kills a man, so he can meet God at the burning bush. Consider this man that Moses killed, this man was at the right place at the right time. What if this man had chosen to take a different path to work, or had an extra cup of tea, or went to visit the pharaoh that day. No that man had to be just at the right place at the right time to fulfill God's plan and promises.

Now in my own life, I have a testimony, I don't just quote scriptures, I can also tell you of my experience with God, how he has been faithful to me.

I was sure God could no longer love me, my sins so great.

So, let me tell you of two break throughs on the way to where I am now.

Years ago, I was invited to a church, the guest speaker was from Poland, his English was OK, but it was with a heavy accent.

After the service, he invited people up for prayer, so I went forward.

He prayed for me and as he did, he whispered my secret sins into my ear.

Now I knew he was hearing from God. Then he speaks in first person to me and, he says "I see your sin, but I also see your heart, I have not forsaken you, nor have I rejected you".

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do some people have such a twisted way of thinking? God knows the end from the beginning. He knows so and so will do this and that in their life time. He did not create sin and evil.
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15
But since He is a good God He can even transform our sins for our growth and maturity in Him.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do some people have such a twisted way of thinking? God knows the end from the beginning. He knows so and so will do this and that in their life time. He did not create sin and evil.
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15
But since He is a good God He can even transform our sins for our growth and maturity in Him.

I'm afraid you haven't been paying attention:

Isaiah 45:7.....I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you've got it wrong. God doesn't use sin, He uses people who happen to sin. He used these men despite their sin, not because of their sin. God does not reward sin.

Sorry but that is not what the bible says, the story of David above is accurate and in the OT.

read it for yourself, without the lens of you denomination, or filtered by the doctrines of men.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,319.00
Faith
Christian
Sorry but that is not what the bible says,

So show the proof in the bible of what you claim the bible says. Where does it say God deliberately allowed David to commit adultry so He could bring forth Solomon. Where does it say God deliberately put the man Moses murdered where he was.

the story of David above is accurate and in the OT.
I know, I've read it.

read it for yourself, without the lens of you denomination, or filtered by the doctrines of men.
I already have.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So show the proof in the bible of what you claim the bible says. Where does it say God deliberately allowed David to commit adultry so He could bring forth Solomon. Where does it say God deliberately put the man Moses murdered where he was.

I know, I've read it.

I already have.

You've read it and can not deduct that the reason Solomon was born was because David has sexual intercourse with Bathsheba, and would never have even met her, if he had not been on his rooftop.

Furthermore YOU believe that by coincidence Bathsheba just happened to be bathing at the same time as David was on his rooftop...

Oh and let's not forget the great fish, that swallowed Jonah, that was coincidence too. Right? But the scriptures say: "And the Lord caused a great fish to swallow up Jonah"

Now if you don't believe God makes plans and controls events, Then you are a candidate to believe in evolution, since coincidence is part of that theory also.

Upvote 0

Gluttonous Winebibber

May 7, 2017
Sterling Heights
✟22,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because sin uses the law to deceive us, and doom us (Romans 7:11). It is a lie, often destructive, fills you with regret, leads to your death and sometimes others too if unchecked for too long, and is usually just not classy at all. It deserves to be feared, but over time we can come to understand it, and fear it less.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,319.00
Faith
Christian
You've read it and can not deduct that the reason Solomon was born was because David has sexual intercourse with Bathsheba, and would never have even met her, if he had not been on his rooftop.

You seem to think this is the only way Solomon could have been born. If that's what you think then you are wrong.

God can bring out good from a bad situation, that doesn't mean He caused the bad situation.

So far you haven't shown me any Scripture to prove that God planned this situation.

Furthermore YOU believe that by coincidence Bathsheba just happened to be bathing at the same time as David was on his rooftop...

I don't think you understand what coincidence actually means. This wasn't coincidence, neither was it God's plan, this was a man giving in to temptation and sinning.

According to you, these people had no free will.
According to you, God came up with this plan where a wife's husband and an unborn baby die just so He could bring forth Solomon.

Oh and let's not forget the great fish, that swallowed Jonah, that was coincidence too. Right? But the scriptures say: "And the Lord caused a great fish to swallow up Jonah"

Yes, we know this because the Scriptures tells us, but nowhere in Scripture does it say the Lord caused Bathsheba to be outside when David was on the roof. You are reading your own ideas into the Scriptures. This is called eisegesis.

Also being swallowed by a great fish isn't a sin, so it's not comparable to your other examples.

Now if you don't believe God makes plans and controls events, Then you are a candidate to believe in evolution, since coincidence is part of that theory also.

So you don't believe in free will? You don't believe in accidents? So if a criminal becomes a Christian in jail, you believe it was God's plan for them to hurt people so they would end up in jail and get saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums