Why do some people get an abundance of dreams and visions but others receive almost nothing?

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always noticed that in the Christian community, some people receive dreams, visions, and everything in between, often, and about every aspect of their lives, even seemingly minor things, but others like me don't?
Welcome! The majority of dreams are not from God so those who base life decisions on dreams and visions are most likely not walking with His Holy Spirit but rather rely on the works of the flesh.
One must understand that some people have very, very active dream lives, like me, however I do not place any authority in them except for one in 2014. I was able to discern one out of millions of dreams. This is how it should be.
So don't be concerned. Be concerned for those who " think" their dreams are from our Father. And more importantly test and discern everything comming your way.
Blessings

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are numerous people in Scripture and many of them did not have dreams, visions, etc that are recorded

When these experiences are from God, He gives the interpretation. He can use folks to interpret as He did with Joseph and Daniel.

Gen 40 "And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you." Joseph told the butler and baker the interpretation of their dreams Fulfilled in Gen 40

God gave Daniel understanding in all visions and dreams. Dan 1-4, 7

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've always noticed that in the Christian community, some people receive dreams, visions, and everything in between, often, and about every aspect of their lives, even seemingly minor things, but others like me don't?
Receptiveness on a subconscious level, it can't really be controlled. Maturity direction is to develop more trust towards God who you cannot see, and those made in His image that you can see.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise God great question. I wonder if just believing knowing He will. For me what will stop God, sweet sweet holy Spirit is doubt. He can't go against my will. So if I keep saying this will never happen or that will never happen... what's God going to when He already spoke in His word about it?

So if it was me.. hmm I would just tell Him all about this and who I feel and ask Him for dreams and visions and then know He hears me and will answer it. Yet we get dreams all the time but don't remember them. Ask Him to let you remember them. The enemy can give dreams visions. Its one reason we test the spirits.

Maybe heard to believe but what God.. what our Father does for one He will do for all... ask Him not man ask HIM! He LOVES to give.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Are we talking about all dreams like including dreams that are completely random and have no relevance or only dreams where God is likely involved?

I know of one way that could help you dream a lot more or help you remember your dreams. A "shallow sleep" would do the trick.

To sleep shallow, you need to follow a good and consistent sleeping habit and avoid food and drinks that can affect sleep like caffeine, alcohol, sleeping pills, etc. If you need to eat before getting to bed, make sure it's a light, easily digestible meal.

Sleep early and get at least 8 hrs of sleep, avoid sleeping late, and try to sleep at the same time at night everyday. Avoid graveyard / rotating work shifts. Essentially, a good sleeping habit, proper nutrition, and avoiding sleep-altering chemicals.

A lot of people dream and they don't remember it. I have a gift of seeing people when they dream. I can see their souls leave their bodies. But they don't usually leave their bodies most of the time, just partially like they would turn or sit up and then lay back down while their physical bodies are motionless. Most of the time, people are just dreaming of sleeping..... They would remember nothing but sleeping but it's still a dream nonetheless and it would seem people dream all the time when they sleep. I can also see this happen in dogs and cats and perhaps spiders too (but because we only ever had cats and dogs as pets and plenty of spiders in the house, not sure if other animals do it as well).

I sometimes remember doing it myself having these very mundane dreams. I sometimes remember moving about and then seeing my physical body just laying there motionless. Sometimes I check my pulse in that state if that is even possible and obviously, I don't detect a pulse and kind of get spooked and thinking I might be dead already.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟304,048.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are we talking about all dreams like including dreams that are completely random and have no relevance or only dreams where God is likely involved?

I know of one way that could help you dream a lot more or help you remember your dreams. A "shallow sleep" would do the trick.

To sleep shallow, you need to follow a good and consistent sleeping habit and avoid food and drinks that can affect sleep like caffeine, alcohol, sleeping pills, etc. If you need to eat before getting to bed, make sure it's a light, easily digestible meal.

Sleep early and get at least 8 hrs of sleep, avoid sleeping late, and try to sleep at the same time at night everyday. Avoid graveyard / rotating work shifts. Essentially, a good sleeping habit, proper nutrition, and avoiding sleep-altering chemicals.

A lot of people dream and they don't remember it. I have a gift of seeing people when they dream. I can see their souls leave their bodies. But they don't usually leave their bodies most of the time, just partially like they would turn or sit up and then lay back down while their physical bodies are motionless. Most of the time, people are just dreaming of sleeping..... They would remember nothing but sleeping but it's still a dream nonetheless and it would seem people dream all the time when they sleep. I can also see this happen in dogs and cats and perhaps spiders too (but because we only ever had cats and dogs as pets and plenty of spiders in the house, not sure if other animals do it as well).

I sometimes remember doing it myself having these very mundane dreams. I sometimes remember moving about and then seeing my physical body just laying there motionless. Sometimes I check my pulse in that state if that is even possible and obviously, I don't detect a pulse and kind of get spooked and thinking I might be dead already.
Do you work as a dream therapist? I'm wondering in what compacity you see people while they are dreaming?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hope you are doing better and better since I last posted to you! In my experience God is much less a flash and bang God {though that is how many people wish Him to be} but much more a God who reveals Himself and becomes more known to us through each step of obedience we take. Many people seek after signs and wonders, but what He desires most from us is to deny ourselves, take that next step of obedience and as we do His divine influence and direction will more steadily be upon our lives. This is the surest way to grow, and the way He desires. When He sees a heart willing go through the cost of Knowing Him in this way, He moves and acts upon a heart like that until we just know that we know we know Him.

Ps. I posted this in another section, but perhaps it may be helpful also to you here.

Some of the scribes and Pharisees answered saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from you." But He answered and said them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah." (Matthew 12:38-39)
Jesus could have proven Himself at anytime. He told them at anytime He could pray to His Father and be provided with more than twelve legions of Angels. Well if a thing would have done it, it would have probably been that. Case closed. What a day that would have been. But He didn't. No, rather like Jonah in the belly of the fish, so Jesus went down into the ground and died. And Like Jonah being spit out after 3 days in the belly, so Jesus would be resurrected from the tomb.

Jesus would not come down to man's terms. He was not going to let them bring this thing down to the earth. He lived rather out from the Father's will. He submitted Himself, and was obedient to that will to the final day. To death on a cross. If that caused misunderstanding and misconceptions so be it. He wasn't going to play to the crowds and neither should We. " If you're the Son of Man come down from the Cross and save yourself!" But Jesus said not a word. And it was on that day all the powers of Hell were defeated, and He trampled them under His feet. Be encouraged dear believer and stand! It's the best place you can be!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you work as a dream therapist? I'm wondering in what compacity you see people while they are dreaming?

Nope, not at all. I don't think I'm good at interpreting dreams either.

It's always at my peripheral vision and I have good peripheral vision. I'll see them move about and then I look straight at them and find them not moving at all. Most of the time, it's just typical arm and feet movements - dreaming of sleeping.

Sometimes I become aware of myself doing the same thing when I'm sleeping. I can sometimes see myself leave my physical body and become aware of my immediate surroundings.

A lifestyle of abstinence seems to play a major role in having abundance of dreams and healthy sleeping habit, avoiding caffeine, etc. Ironically, I did not choose such lifestyle. I simply have no choice.

Upvote 0